• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The UI is not clumsy because you cannot find where to download 4k assets, because here is NO such option on the Xbox One X to do so. You call the UI clumsy, but it is more that you don't understand how the updates/4k assets work.

On the Xbox One X there is no such "download 4k assets". The system itself is a 4k device, so when you buy a game at retail or digital, it will download the 4k assets or the patch that it needs on it's own. You might be confused because prior to the launch of the Xbox One X and even currently for owners of the OG X1 or XS there "is" the option. This allows people to pre-download the stuff before moving onto the Xbox One X. You then network transfer or have all the stuff on an external HDD and when you get the "X" you just plug and play. If you own a Xbox One X and have games that "Already" have an update or assets the system will download them when you attempt to install or launch the game.

Sorry for jumping on you, my intention is not to slam you. It just get's irritating when people call the UI or features bad when it all is just the end user not knowing/understanding. Kind of like a guy a few pages back going completely off on MS for designing the "stupid" UI and the "stupid" Audio settings. He was bitching that MS was too stupid to allow you to have 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio for games only and another source for watching Movies. That MS was too dump to give users the option to allow users to choose both. That it was dump that he had to change it to 7.1 uncompressed for games and when he wanted to watch a movie he had to change it to bitstream 7.1. Then another poster puts up the answer that there is such a thing and that you can have 7.1 uncompressed for games and then tell the system that for movies to allow the receiver to decode the audio for movies, so the receiver could use whatever is encoded on the movie and adjust the audio without having to change setting between games and moves. It is something that has existed for a while, but since that person could not figure it out, he basically called the UI stupid and the Devs idiots for not allowing something that in fact was allowed. I guess it is easier to call something/or a team/company being stupid or clumsy instead of asking/researching if things are possible if they don't understand before calling it clumsy or telling the team that made the UI/Audio settings "stupid".
Dang. I asked the same question a few pages back. I am glad you didn't see it, lol.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
How is CODWW2? Specifically MP. I️ was underwhelmed by the graphics on my PS4 Pro - does the X1X step it up? Anyone with both versions?

My son owns the PS4 version ( plays om Pro ) I own the X1X version. My advice: don't buy the X1X version if you own the PS4 version already. The differences aren't worth it. Most disappointing X1X enhanced game for me personally, and I own quite a few.

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My son owns the PS4 version ( plays om Pro ) I own the X1X version. My advice: don't buy the X1X version if you own the PS4 version already. The differences aren't worth it. Most disappointing X1X enhanced game for me personally, and I own quite a few.
Woof. Thanks for letting me know. Sucks. Definitely enjoy MP shooters myself and it seems like the new ones lack good enhancements save for Battlefront II but all the controversy is definitely a deterrent.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to X, I'm already over my data usage for this month... lol. Comcast warned me but I was like, screw it *downloads more games*. At least I have 2 courtesy months of overage. I never ever gone over in the past even before 1tb cap was introduced.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
Thanks to X, I'm already over my data usage for this month... lol. Comcast warned me but I was like, screw it *downloads more games*. At least I have 2 courtesy months of overage. I never ever gone over in the past even before 1tb cap was introduced.
you don't have a time block where you can download unlimited? at my old place my carrier had 10pm-6am unlimited. either way, this shit is gross.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't exactly on topic, but does anybody know if they fixed the patch that broke the lighting in Assassin's Creed Origins?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I almost want to start FFXV over on XB1X instead of PS4 Pro, it looks significantly better, I'm about 20 hours in and have all the DLC on PS4 so that's a bummer but the visual bump, resolution alone is really noticeable.

Yep, looks way better than the PS4 Pro version. I hope they release a patch to fix up the frame rate hiccups but I'm not holding my breath.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried rainbow six siege? I downloaded it as its a free play weekend on xbox. I have played it a lot on my ps4 pro.

I decided to go to situations and turn vsync off to see the difference.....wow unlike the Pro, there is virtually no screen tearing. On the pro there is so much screen tearing when you turn vsync off and have boost mode on. Its like im playing situations at 60fps locked or something on the scorpio!!

Very impressive indeed! Come ok ubi, give us sweet 4k update!! And il buy it now on x1x!!

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My god Titanfall 2 is epic on the X....

I also grabbed The Evil Within 2 and it looks really clean and runs great too so far, just wish it had HDR it would have been epic

The update came out for it already?

I don't get the HDR icon popup when I start the game (LG E7V) and seeing as it's a pretty dark game the lights should stand out a lot more if it was supporting it.

When I google I only get press releases from June mentioning that it will get 4k HDR support but the latest patch notes (1.03) do not mention HDR. The previous patch notes (1.02) also do not mention anything HDR related.

Evil Within 2 Patch Notes 1.03;
PLAYSTATION 4 ONLY

• Increased display resolution (2240 x 1260 native resolution output at 3840 x 2160 on 4K TV)
  • Allows substantially higher frame rates when PS4 Pro output set to 1080p
  • Improved framerate stability
  • Option to disable 30 fps limit for higher frame rates
XBOX ONE ONLY

• Increased display resolution (3200 x 1800 native resolution output at 3840 x 2160)
  • Option to disable 30 fps limit for higher frame rate
Anyone have more info?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I don't have any data caps. I've downloaded like 1 TB worth of content since Thursday lol.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Since they did Gears 3 and 4, any chance for Ultimate Edition as well or nah?

I loaded it up to look 2 days ago (Campaign)
Definitely looks upgraded as if it was boosted by the X
It was emergence day outside early in act 1 the dusk near the sunlight was noticed by my girlfriend before I chose my path I think it's where you get the shotgun first
I will not be shocked if it's part of the second run of Microsoft upgrades in January like Forza Horizon 3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Welp, I just got the Sony 49 XE900. Time to check out what this HDR buzz is all about!

Also OT. Don't seem to be many new updates today?
HOW IS IT??!!

Keep flip flopping between that one and the TCL 605. Read A LOT about the 2 TVs and sounds kind of like a panel lottery with the TCL.

Currently have a 2014 Sony 1080p, 120hz, with 12 Bit Color and 20ms input lag, it's fantastic. Been very happy with this Sony so far. They had 4K TVs when I bought this one but they were mostly 4K @ 30hz and with a lot of input lag. Think I'm finally ready for the upgrade to 4K with X and the PS4Pro on my TV stand currently.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the HDR icon popup when I start the game (LG E7V) and seeing as it's a pretty dark game the lights should stand out a lot more if it was supporting it.

When I google I only get press releases from June mentioning that it will get 4k HDR support but the latest patch notes (1.03) do not mention HDR. The previous patch notes (1.02) also do not mention anything HDR related.

Evil Within 2 Patch Notes 1.03;
PLAYSTATION 4 ONLY

• Increased display resolution (2240 x 1260 native resolution output at 3840 x 2160 on 4K TV)
  • Allows substantially higher frame rates when PS4 Pro output set to 1080p
  • Option to disable 30 fps limit for higher frame rates
XBOX ONE ONLY

• Increased display resolution (3200 x 1800 native resolution output at 3840 x 2160)
  • Option to disable 30 fps limit for higher frame rate
Anyone have more info?

Again, no Bethesda game currently supports HDR. Except Elder Scrolls Online.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
My 4K Sony I ordered off Amazon got delayed or some shit according to UPS so not getting it today or tomorrow since it's Sunday and now I'm pissed. I'll be calling Amazon and demanding a credit on that expedited shipping cost.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
HOW IS IT??!!

Keep flip flopping between that one and the TCL 605. Read A LOT about the 2 TVs and sounds kind of like a panel lottery with the TCL.

Currently have a 2014 Sony 1080p, 120hz, with 12 Bit Color and 20ms input lag, it's fantastic. Been very happy with this Sony so far. They had 4K TVs when I bought this one but they were mostly 4K @ 30hz and with a lot of input lag. Think I'm finally ready for the upgrade to 4K with X and the PS4Pro on my TV stand currently.
I've played FF15, Gears 4, Assassins Creed Origins and Halo 5 so far.

The image quality is sublime, black levels are deep and inky and the detail is stunning with HDR on. I've seen no blooming in dark scenes either, which was my main annoyance on my last set. This TV is brilliant t, especially for its price. You defo won't be disappointed and looking at what you have at the moment it's MASSIVE upgrade haha.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Really weird. Some people say this, whereas I've heard some say WW2 is one of enhanced games on the X. Seems to split people.

I think personally campaign looks amazing. MP just looks clean, though HDR is very good in this game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Really weird. Some people say this, whereas I've heard some say WW2 is one of enhanced games on the X. Seems to split people.

I think personally campaign looks amazing. MP just looks clean, though HDR is very good in this game.

I wasn't impressed after the first mission, the explosions look pretty average. The second mission looks significantly better though. Stopped playing though because I couldn't stand the constant hitching.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
After playing a bit of Final Fantasy XV on X using high mode. Anyone have this ambient occlusion get cut off diagonally? It doesn't look right.

44990349-a14b-4906-9060-4b6c78007278.PNG

53685a36-fcd1-4e40-9756-dd18fed08eed.PNG

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
After playing a bit of Final Fantasy XV on X using high mode. Anyone have this ambient occlusion get cut off diagonally? It doesn't look right.

44990349-a14b-4906-9060-4b6c78007278.PNG

53685a36-fcd1-4e40-9756-dd18fed08eed.PNG

Yup, just started the game and it's super jarring to have the right corner cut off serverval effects(screen space reflections also seem affected).

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
Want to put in a plug for Quantum Break. Just started playing it again. If you are at all a fan of Remedy, I would encourage you to pick it up. Didn't play it very much on the vanilla One as it just didn't really work. The graphical glitches along with poor performance were really distracting. I put it down after a few hours and never returned to it again. On PC it fared a little better (Play Anywhere), but being a Windows Store title...well enough said. On the X, you can really see Remedy's vision come together. I am really enjoying it. Just 20 bucks if you have Gold. Amazing game for that price and a show piece for the hardware.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just downloaded DmC DE via Game Pass, I already own it for my Pro. Now I realise it isn't X enhanced, so why does it look so much better than the PS4 version on the Pro? The textures are a massive upgrade, especially on objects and floors in the distance. And the IQ is so much better, almost like it's doing a better job of upscaling the 1080p (I'm playing on a 4K OLED)? Anyway, it gives me an excuse to play through it again regardless, but just a heads up it certainly looks fantastic on the X even without a patch.

Edit: comparing again I'd guess that it's the anisotropic filtering that is greatly improved on the X compared to the PS4/Pro, which is quite blurry in comparison and doesn't have the same detail on the textures. The overall IQ is much cleaner too.

Last edited:

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
Want to put in a plug for Quantum Break. Just started playing it again. If you are at all a fan of Remedy, I would encourage you to pick it up. Didn't play it very much on the vanilla One as it just didn't really work. The graphical glitches along with poor performance were really distracting. I put it down after a few hours and never returned to it again. On PC it fared a little better (Play Anywhere), but being a Windows Store title...well enough said. On the X, you can really see Remedy's vision come together. I am really enjoying it. Just 20 bucks if you have Gold. Amazing game for that price and a show piece for the hardware.

I picked it up for $15 used after I bought my X. One of my favorite games so far...

...however...

I am near what I assume to be the end of the game and the Paul Serene fight has to be one of the worst and most frustrating boss fights ever.

DadsBoyfriend

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have a problem with Final Fantasy XV where the title screen is way to bright? In game looks great. Think it's just a weird bug? I calibrated my tv using the World of Wonder disc when before I hooked my One X up. Only game with this issue.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't appeal much to me on the One S for the same reasons you described, and the distracting (constant) movie scenes. Will try again on the X.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The UI is not clumsy because you cannot find where to download 4k assets, because here is NO such option on the Xbox One X to do so. You call the UI clumsy, but it is more that you don't understand how the updates/4k assets work.

On the Xbox One X there is no such "download 4k assets". The system itself is a 4k device, so when you buy a game at retail or digital, it will download the 4k assets or the patch that it needs on it's own. You might be confused because prior to the launch of the Xbox One X and even currently for owners of the OG X1 or XS there "is" the option. This allows people to pre-download the stuff before moving onto the Xbox One X. You then network transfer or have all the stuff on an external HDD and when you get the "X" you just plug and play. If you own a Xbox One X and have games that "Already" have an update or assets the system will download them when you attempt to install or launch the game.

Sorry for jumping on you, my intention is not to slam you. It just get's irritating when people call the UI or features bad when it all is just the end user not knowing/understanding. Kind of like a guy a few pages back going completely off on MS for designing the "stupid" UI and the "stupid" Audio settings. He was bitching that MS was too stupid to allow you to have 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio for games only and another source for watching Movies. That MS was too dump to give users the option to allow users to choose both. That it was dump that he had to change it to 7.1 uncompressed for games and when he wanted to watch a movie he had to change it to bitstream 7.1. Then another poster puts up the answer that there is such a thing and that you can have 7.1 uncompressed for games and then tell the system that for movies to allow the receiver to decode the audio for movies, so the receiver could use whatever is encoded on the movie and adjust the audio without having to change setting between games and moves. It is something that has existed for a while, but since that person could not figure it out, he basically called the UI stupid and the Devs idiots for not allowing something that in fact was allowed. I guess it is easier to call something/or a team/company being stupid or clumsy instead of asking/researching if things are possible if they don't understand before calling it clumsy or telling the team that made the UI/Audio settings "stupid".

There's a Shadow of War 4K cinematics pack that is downloaded separately. So... where is it?

I've done UX professionally for over 10 years. I can call it clumsy. Thanks, though.

resident_UA

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

WOW! Defensive much? :) Maybe you could tell me where all my pins went. It's been 2 weeks and they are still missing ;)

EDIT: Also how do I find DLC for Final Fantasy?! From the game it takes me to the game page but only game is available to purchase.

Last edited:

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a Shadow of War 4K cinematics pack that is downloaded separately. So... where is it?

I've done UX professionally for over 10 years. I can call it clumsy. Thanks, though.
I love my X to bits but I agree with you regarding the UI, definitely its weakest point. And a little ironic too given that's where Microsoft's strengths should lie. I wouldn't mind so much but the store has crashed on me a few times now, and other stuff can be a little fiddly at times.

Also why only two themes? Even the 360 had downloadable themes 10 years ago.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The 4k cinematic pack is under add-ons on the store.

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
So I just downloaded DmC DE via Game Pass, I already own it for my Pro. Now I realise it isn't X enhanced, so why does it look so much better than the PS4 version on the Pro?
...Edit: comparing again I'd guess that it's the anisotropic filtering that is greatly improved on the X compared to the PS4/Pro, which is quite blurry in comparison and doesn't have the same detail on the textures. The overall IQ is much cleaner too.
The AF of the PS4 initial release was bad, but it was patched to match the Xbox One version later. I assume your Pro version is fully updated? In that case, maybe what everyone thought was 16xAF on consoles was only 8x, and the One X is now actually forcing the higher setting?

This wouldn't explain better IQ overall, though. Can you post screenshots from the One X and PS4 versions to compare? It'd be interesting to see if there's more at work on unpatched games than Microsoft has revealed.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

I'm waiting for it to go on game pass, surely won't be long.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Don't understand how people struggle with the UI of the One X tbh, Microsoft has dumbed things down so much over the last year and people seem like they will never be happy till they just copy the PS4 UI. No ty.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Don't understand how people struggle with the UI of the One X tbh, Microsoft has dumbed things down so much over the last year and people seem like they will never be happy till they just copy the PS4 UI. No ty.

I wouldn't say it's dumbed down, the Launch UI was terrible to navigate. They improved it a lot and it's much easier to navigate.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, me too. Except I already used my 2 previous courtesies. After you go over without any courtesies you get charged $10 for every 50gigs. Upgrading my PS3's hard drive and redownloading all my content literally cost me $40 from Comcast... when I already pay them over $170 a month.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Sorry was having a rough day. The Shadow of War cinematics are on the store page for the game. Please post your thought on the game...i have yet to play it myself.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
WOW! Defensive much? :) Maybe you could tell me where all my pins went. It's been 2 weeks and they are still missing ;)

EDIT: Also how do I find DLC for Final Fantasy?! From the game it takes me to the game page but only game is available to purchase.

When you went to the game page did you hit down? Usually the first thing shown is yhe game and hitting down shows dlc. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.