• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy i'm playing WW2 on my X1X and it is really breath taking. The actual gameplay is so much better looking and clear than the cut scenes it is a pretty radical jump. The use of HDR is also amazing not to much but still bring out alot of the realistic colors. I've played about 20 Enhanced games including SW:BF2, Forza 7, AC: Origins and for me I think WW2 edges these out in IQ.
Yeah, I actually finished WW2 on PS4 Pro before jumping into the X and there is noticeable change. The dynamic scaling on Pro gets super aggressive to the point that you can notice the lower res.

Bran

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather like to see more comparisons, output is a bit slow at the moment. :/
Fifteen videos after launch, still nothing on in-depth retail unit performance for 360 backward compatible games (both X enhanced and otherwise) beyond the quick snippets in the review video on Nov. 3, nothing yet about the upgrade some OG Xbox games have received, no revisiting of other current-gen games beyond FFXV that lacked a definitive console port (performance, resolution, etc.) or had input latency problems (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dishonored 2/Outsider, Prey, etc.--the new sponsored HDR video shows Rise but nothing explicit on the lag), nor anything about what the X currently does for some earlier XB1 exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, MCC, Dead Rising 3, Phantom Dust, etc., patched or not, compared to the S and/or PC.

This coverage takes time, but yeah... I got rid of my XB1S after the Phantom Dust and Scalebound stuff, so I'm thinking about an X again. However, boost mode had unpleasant side effects to more than a handful of games I tried on the PS4 Pro (messed with game speed, caused weird text errors sometimes, freezing), to the point where I just leave it off now. I need more info before I cough up $500 for an X, especially since I'd be using it more for older titles.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
So it seems that my shadow of war finally decide to download or use high Rez textures. A week after I bought an x lol.

Looks great though

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, I'm a bit sad. Tomb Raider has performance issues on X that I didn't see on Pro.

Tearing like mad here...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/39532312

Big frame drops and hitching here. When I leave the area with all the treasure you see it speed back up, but drop again when returning.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/39532343

This happens in Enriched and Native modes. Oddly, High Frame Rate mode fixes the issues in these spots. Makes me think it's a bug, but it happens often. Dark1x , I'm sure another Tomb Raider video is on the horizon, so have you seen this?

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, I'm a bit sad. Tomb Raider has performance issues on X that I didn't see on Pro.

Tearing like mad here...

Big frame drops and hitching here. When I leave the area with all the treasure you see it speed back up, but drop again when returning.

This happens in Enriched and Native modes. Oddly, High Frame Rate mode fixes the issues in these spots. Makes me think it's a bug, but it happens often. Dark1x , I'm sure another Tomb Raider video is on the horizon, so have you seen this?

Didn't watch your video but is it the broken galleon area? I noticed some tearing and slowdown there too. Only time I've noticed any problems on my current run-through.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Same here. Along with Fallout 4 and of course Witcher 3. Give me those and I'm good for the rest of the year. I badly want to see these.

I get this feeling HDR is coming for Witcher 3, either that or they just didn't have time for it.
Whatever the case, I'm sure it will look glorious. I saved the DLC just for this.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Antone else try Battlefront 2 in HDR? While mind blowing amazing graphics it just seems a tad washed out. Sony 900e here.

It looks great in game but I do feel like I'm missing some detail. I've even adjusted the HDR slider in the settings. I also noticed when the game loads in HDR that the title screen looks super blown out on my JS9000. Looks normal when I play on my Plasma in the bedroom though.

By the way, BF2 is a huge improvement on the X1X compared to X1S. The characters look so damn blurry on the X1S during the Squad loadout screen. On the X it looks sharp as ever.

Oct 26, 2017
I get this feeling HDR is coming for Witcher 3, either that or they just didn't have time for it.
Whatever the case, I'm sure it will look glorious. I saved the DLC just for this.

It definitely is odd how in that article on the Xbox site they asked CDPR about HDR and 4K and CDPR only answered and went into detail about 4K. So because of that I'm not getting my hopes up but if it does happen that would be so goddamn sweet. There's definitely a chance that's the reason we're still waiting.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017

skate 3 Xbox One X VS XB1S

I'm really curious how often we are going to get Xbox 360 Enhanced updates.

After seeing the videos from Resero, I want more enhanced games!
Easily the X's most surprising feature for me - I couldn't believe we got 360 games on our Xbox One's in the first place, and now I can't believe how much better they look and smoother they play on the X.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
played mirror edge on my old xs today, felt really rough. is it 30fps before x enhanced or placebo effect?

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Crazy i'm playing WW2 on my X1X and it is really breath taking. The actual gameplay is so much better looking and clear than the cut scenes it is a pretty radical jump. The use of HDR is also amazing not to much but still bring out alot of the realistic colors. I've played about 20 Enhanced games including SW:BF2, Forza 7, AC: Origins and for me I think WW2 edges these out in IQ.

Personally I thought it didn't look good. I haven't played a COD in ages ( I'm more into BF ) but compared to the PS4 Pro version I thought it was a no step up. I was really blown away by other titles but WW2 did nothing for me. Game did feel old. The hiccups in the SP bothered me too. But then again, it's been ages since I've played COD, so I can't compare it with previous games. I'm glad you and other enjoy it though.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

Tearing like mad here...

I am getting the same, it was particularly poor in one of the DLC areas.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully it's just this initial wave of launch games that have frame rate issues. It makes no sense for these games to drop frames when they are runningaat such high resolution. Even games with dynamic resolution seen to dip from their target render, so what's the point?

60fps games I can understand because itiis probably CPU issues, but when 30fps games aren't locked it's not great for a "Pro" console.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it's just this initial wave of launch games that have frame rate issues. It makes no sense for these games to drop frames when they are runningaat such high resolution. Even games with dynamic resolution seen to dip from their target render, so what's the point?

60fps games I can understand because itiis probably CPU issues, but when 30fps games aren't locked it's not great for a "Pro" console.
Which games are not locked 30?

golem

Oct 25, 2017
"It's coming" and I'm desperately waiting for it lol.

Will Skyrim get HDR as well? I dont really want to buy it again... but will if i have to ;)

Tearing like mad here...

I noticed alot of frame drops and pop-in in Enriched so dropped down to Native and it was pretty smooth over the final few chapters of the game (finished it again).

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Guess this has been discussed somewhere before, but who is doing the magic on those 360 enhanced games?
Is it the Microsoft emulation team or the devs themselves?

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Initial wave? It's one or two games. And RotR was definitely not locked 30 on the Pro, there were plenty of areas with drops, albeit I didn't see any tearing on there though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Homefront looks pretty good downsampled. Overall i am super impressed by the downsampling and the overal graphical leap (and performance) i get compared to the base Xbox One. I was thinking of getting a 4K monitor abit later. But with the improvements already on 1080p being so big and the certainty that all games will downsample i am in a less rush.

63bc399a-f22c-4117-baiayux.png

78525213-f926-43ec-96b4umn.png

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so tempted to get it on the Switch. I already played it on the 360 bought but it a while back for the X. Really not sure if I should triple dip, but I'm really tempted.
I'm playing it on the switch now and it blows my mind this console can move this game so well.

I wanna get it for the X too though. I hope it doesn't take them long to launch the patch. It feels kinda ridiculous since the pro already has a working patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.