• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Xbox One X |OT| The Scorpio King

Dec 10, 2017
I just opened my two day old Xbox one X division 2 bundle that was manufactured in November to find the thermal paste to be so dry it was practically useless.
There were also moisture marks on the board and hdmi and USB ports. You would have thought this was a reconditioned repackaged console.
Although I’m more confident now that the vapour chamber and fan are doing their job properly now.

Mar 6, 2019
Current OG PS4 owner. Just purchased a 4k TV. Contemplating trading in the PS and getting the X. 4k and Uhd player are intriguing. Not really locked into the PS ecosystem, nor do I really play online games. Wise to make the jump now? Or should I just wait for next gen?

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone recommend some replacement bumpers for a controller for me? The rb button on my Sea of Thieves controller will not register. I've tried adding a little bit of tape to help the leg of the RB press down on the button but that doesn't help long term.

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone recommend some replacement bumpers for a controller for me? The rb button on my Sea of Thieves controller will not register. I've tried adding a little bit of tape to help the leg of the RB press down on the button but that doesn't help long term.
Have you tried blowing into it? I know it sounds silly but sometimes tiny particles get stuck in there and blowing into the bumper can fix it, I had a similar problem before and this fixed it, literally blow into it like it's a whistle ...however if something is actually broken in there then this isn't a fix.

Dec 13, 2017
Current OG PS4 owner. Just purchased a 4k TV. Contemplating trading in the PS and getting the X. 4k and Uhd player are intriguing. Not really locked into the PS ecosystem, nor do I really play online games. Wise to make the jump now? Or should I just wait for next gen?
BF sales would have been the best time, but there are still decent promos to be had. If you can afford the console, the X is solid.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Get the X alongside your PS4, best of both worlds.

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I swear Battlefront II is doing a number on my Xbox One X console. Nearly every time I launch the game and the console fan kicks into high gear the system shuts down with the overheating warning. Haven’t had this issue with any other games to date.

Anyone else dealt with this?

Dec 10, 2017
After swapping my new Xbox One X for an new one, the fan is still quite loud on Forza 3 and Assassins Creed Origins. So I opened it up and after trying new thermal paste it isn’t much better. The original paste is dry and flaky.
I then opened it again and used liquid metal and this has improved it so much more to the point it’s nearly silent. The transfer of heat to the vapour chamber must be near perfect for liquid metal to make this much of a difference.
I’ve ordered a 1 TB SSD to exchange the internal HDD for a SSD this week is I’m expecting that to improve noise, game asset streaming and heat levels even more.
The hardware engineers that worked on the One X are genius, this is the most densely packed and easiest to open console I’ve ever seen.

Oct 29, 2017
After swapping my new Xbox One X for an new one, the fan is still quite loud on Forza 3 and Assassins Creed Origins. So I opened it up and after trying new thermal paste it isn’t much better. The original paste is dry and flaky.
I then opened it again and used liquid metal and this has improved it so much more to the point it’s nearly silent. The transfer of heat to the vapour chamber must be near perfect for liquid metal to make this much of a difference.
I’ve ordered a 1 TB SSD to exchange the internal HDD for a SSD this week is I’m expecting that to improve noise, game asset streaming and heat levels even more.
The hardware engineers that worked on the One X are genius, this is the most densely packed and easiest to open console I’ve ever seen.
Will it work with a 3rd party drive that isn't ID signed to your console?

Dec 10, 2017
I swapped the HDD for a SSD and I can’t see any performances difference. The UI still stutters so save your money and don’t bother doing what I did.
I’m absolutely dumbfounded that a Xbox One X with a SSD still stutters when moving are the UI.