• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody notice their games and apps list has gotten SUPER slow since the latest update. It takes me forever to navigate it now like a solid thirty seconds to skip through each game tile.
My dashboard experience has been like this for a long while now. However, I have a lot of games installed, so I've always just attributed it to that.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody notice their games and apps list has gotten SUPER slow since the latest update. It takes me forever to navigate it now like a solid thirty seconds to skip through each game tile.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. It's all the ads that have to load up in your tiles. That's what I'm guessing.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I've seen the truth.

I started RDR1 again on Monday on my One S while waiting for RDR2 and my One X.
Today my X arrived and I'm now playing RDR1 on the X. The jump in image quality is insane.

Oh and i found the migration process to the X to be pretty smooth.

Last edited:

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I've had my X for about 4 months now and Monday I got a message saying There's a problem with your saved games. I restarted the console and was greeted by a system error E105. Has anyone here run into this problem? I'm curious if an external drive can cause this error.

I have done a factory restore and its been running fine. The only thing I changed was I'm not running off of my external drive

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
All I thought about at work today was coming home and finally playing RDR2 on my Xbox One X but it looks like B&H never actually shipped part of my order. So infuriating. They shipped the game but not the console.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
OMG. Today's the day. Yesterday I said goodbye to my Scorpio Edition X, and today the Shadow of Tomb Raider bundle X will arrive here. I'll set it up fast, transfer RDR2 from my external to the internal hard drive and then I'll finally play it!

Did you have a "backup" on an external?

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a setting to boost the audio on system level?. Have noticed the latest few games ive bought (Black Ops 4, RDR2, Tomb Raider etc) seem to vary wildly in there audio level i would have youth MS would of stipulated a unified master audio level across games?

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I have been using my one X a lot more since Fortnite introduced crossplay, but I have been missing a feature from my Pro that may be there but I just can't find it.

On my Pro when a I finish a great round I save the recording of the last 15 minutes since the replay files rarely accurately show what happened. On Xbox I can only find an option to get the last 2 minutes; is there an option somewhere to record a longer period after it happened?

Last edited:

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
I have been using my one X a lot more since Fortnite introduced crossplay, but I have been missing a feature from my Pro that may be there but I just can't find it.

On my Pro when a I finish a great round I save the recording of the last 15 minutes since the replay files rarely accurately show what happened. On Xbox I can only find an option to get the last 2 minutes; is there an option somewhere to record a longer period after it happened?
You can capture 5 minutes if you bump the recording resolution down to 720p IIRC. I believe you can capture longer clips if you set up an external drive just for recording.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Other option than above is to just stream to mixer... But it depends how good your upload speed is.

Archives whole sessions, which is good or bad depending on exactly what you want.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Holy shit, I've seen the truth.

I started RDR1 again on Monday on my One S while waiting for RDR2 and my One X.
Today my X arrived and I'm now playing RDR1 on the X. The jump in image quality is insane.

That is a huge resolution jump. One S only runs RDR1 at it's original 720p, X runs it at native 4K.

Oct 25, 2017
After a few days with the One X a small resume:

The OS is still very bad, it's a bit better than on the S, but it's still very laggy, unresponsive and I had a few things crashing (the Clip trimming app, YouTube App).
The console is very quiet, even under load (RDR2). On the other hand my PS4 Pro sounds like a jet engine when playing a Pro Enhanced game.

One other thing:
I had a few connection problems with my controllers on the S and the X. The controller disconnected repeatedly.
I think a has something to do with my (WiFi) Router standing next to it.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
You can capture 5 minutes if you bump the recording resolution down to 720p IIRC. I believe you can capture longer clips if you set up an external drive just for recording.

Other option than above is to just stream to mixer... But it depends how good your upload speed is.

Archives whole sessions, which is good or bad depending on exactly what you want.

Thank you, I may look into adding external storage, my X's internal storage is getting full anyway.

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to convince my cousin to pull the trigger on the Google Express deal last week but he hesitated and missed it. Anyone know of any decent deals on the X1X going on right now?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone here got recommendations for what kind of External Storage to use that has 4TB or more capacity and maybe doesn't seem to suffer too much in terms of loading time/performance penalty?

I know only SOME games are affected by such things but I theorize that my 2TB drive tends to be kinda crappy to play games from because it's 5400rpm >and< only powered by a single USB connection to the console itself. I've noticed that plugging it into my Xbox actually has a notable effect on slowing down the entire OS, too, because it seems like the OS is constantly try to track the games installed to it as well, and it's nearly full now. Playing any non-enhanced BC games works just fine with decently improved loading times, but trying to play an X-enhanced X1 game and it generally has texture loading issues or increased loadtimes or even slowdown in some areas. I currently use the MyPassport X which is just a regular MyPassport drive with minor Xbox tie-in branding. It doesn't have an external power supply and draws completely from the Xbox for its power, and it's only 5400rpm.

Between my internal storage space and my external, I'm down to about 300GB and I've still got some major releases around the corner in 2019, and I'm all-digital on my Xbox so I don't like to redownload stuff as it uses up a ton of bandwidth with how big game files have gotten. Since this thing seems to struggle to perform (and I theorize it's because it relies on drawing power from the Xbox to run, not necessarily because of the HDD speed), I'd like to replace it outright with a larger storage capacity drive, hopefully around a 4TB. I have plenty of room in my entertainment center to fit something in, including some of the larger drives.

So anyone got any recommendations for what kind of drive to get? Something that maybe doesn't have a ton of performance issues? Something bigger capacity and cheaper than the SSD options? It'd be glorious to get an SSD but they're so damn expensive.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
So i just got my 1X today along with an Elite controller.

I noticed when i was playing FH4 the car kept drifting right. i went to adjust some deadzones, and still it was drifting right. So i decided to swap the left stick with the right stick in the software, so that steering will be by the right stick just to see if there was a problem with my left stick, and still it drifts right. This is really odd.

I even restarted my 1X, but same outcome.

So i decided, let me try connecting my new elite controller to my PC, and playing FH4 there, and behold, my car doesnt drift.

WTF is up here? Why is it only when using on the 1X does my car drift right?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Any good wireless headset recommendations?

Having to go wired with my PS Golds are incredibly annoying

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going crazy

I got a One X recently. I popped in a Blu Ray and it took me to the store to download the Blu Ray app. I figure that's for licensing and all that.

Every time I try to install it, it says "installation stopped". I have updated my console (which it didn't even notify me of, had to manually check for update), but still nothing.

I'm actually in awe at how bad this experience is.

Anyone have any advice?

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going crazy

I got a One X recently. I popped in a Blu Ray and it took me to the store to download the Blu Ray app. I figure that's for licensing and all that.

Every time I try to install it, it says "installation stopped". I have updated my console (which it didn't even notify me of, had to manually check for update), but still nothing.

I'm actually in awe at how bad this experience is.

Anyone have any advice?
Have you tried restarting your Xbox? It's the go-to advice for fixing these quirky issues.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I've got the most unusual thing that happens consistently. Probably more of an internet thing, but it only happens on the Xbox.

If I watch YouTube on the Xbox, and then watch something on my phone, I'm temporarily put offline and need to wait for services to return.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFS

My console was stuck updating Forza horizon 4 and black ops4, I pause the update, go offline and restart my console and try to reconnect online then go into games and try and update again....BOTH games have been uninstalled meaning I have to redownload them both before being able to play again.

I'm 99% sure I need to send the console for repair as I'm sure it's broken, but this pissed me off.

Luckily I have fast internet so should be able to play tonight but god it's infuriating the amount of hassle I've had with my X (it's been swapped once already by MS).

I've had my X for about 4 months now and Monday I got a message saying There's a problem with your saved games. I restarted the console and was greeted by a system error E105. Has anyone here run into this problem? I'm curious if an external drive can cause this error.

I have done a factory restore and its been running fine. The only thing I changed was I'm not running off of my external drive

Yes, this is the exact issue I had with my original X and it had to go back to MS.

My replacement has also started having problems, i factory restored a little while ago (Octoberish) and I'm now having some weird issues as above. Only a matter of time I think TIL it goes off to MS

Last edited:

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all! My avatar app wont start. A green screen with an avatar's silhouette comes up and then it quietly fades back to the main menu. I uninstalled, downloaded again but still nothing. Can someone help?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit. Sorry to hear. Mine has started having save game issues and last week got that error code but it booted again.

Was thinking it might be going out. I guess Ill move my games all off to the external and reset juat in case.

Yep, that's what my first One X started doing, then that crapped out with the E105 error.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
well atleast it broke down during the best time to buy a replacement. Hurry before all the X deals are over.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys turn off Game Mode on your TV's every time you watch a 4K movie on this console? Or just keep it on

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone please explain to me how screenshot captures work on Xbox One?

I'm pretty sure I just lost a hundred or so screenshots from the past couple of days. When I go into my recent captures, there is literally no option to select Shadow of the Tomb Raider even though I took a ton of screenshots from that game over the past couple of days. Does Xbox automatically delete screenshots from local storage, and, if so, when and why? Alternatively, are captures saved temporarily via the cloud somewhere? Coming from Playstation, this is incredibly confusing. I am used to being able to save however many screenshots I want, locally, right on my system.

Also, why do all of my screenshots look darker when viewed on my Xbox and an SDR 4K TV? When I upload my captures to OneDrive, they look fine there but just not on my Xbox for some reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got an Xbox One X. I've wanted one for ages. I'm literally stunned looking at RDR2 running on this thing. This is one game where the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions are a night and day difference (and I've tried both).

Also absolutely fuckin love the backwards compatibility and Game Pass. I get to revisit so many games I couldn't on my PS4 Pro, and the ones that are One X Enhanced look great. Microsoft has added a lot of services since I was last in their ecosystem and all of them are pretty fantastic.

The only downer is the UI design and general sluggishness. Hoo boy. I could go cook dinner in the time it takes to load the Store and Game Pass screens sometimes.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys turn off Game Mode on your TV's every time you watch a 4K movie on this console? Or just keep it on

The whole switching around thing got to me. I wound up purchasing 2 separate 4 port HDMI switches. I put all my 4k/HDR capable game devices on one (so that TV port can stay in game mode). I put all my older non-4k game devices on the other.. then I had 2 ports left over on the display for an Apple TV 4K and Oppo UHD Blu-ray player. Those ports can be permanently left on high image quality configurations. The expense sucked, and I'm obviously not using the Xbox or PS4 for video content.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
On LG TVs this isn't much of an issue at all. A very swift quick menu change on screen without having to deep dive into menus.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to know if anyone who has a white elite controller: Does it have the same problems the original elite controller had?

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to know if anyone who has a white elite controller: Does it have the same problems the original elite controller had?
i have a White one. What is the original problem?

Mine seems trouble free. Except i was experiencing analog drift on my 1st day with it, however once i resynced it with my 1X, it worked perfectly.

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
How widespread is the coil whine?
I really like my brand new X bu I'm so disappointed by the noise...
I expected the thing to be silent but the noise it makes is worse than my pro in jet engine mode.
It's not very loud, but the frequency is high and very grating. It's like a little bug is seesawing inside the console.

I'm reading it's a widespread problem with the X, I don't want to bother with a replacement if almost every X got this issue. The thing could be perfect if not for this flaw.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
So I got mine this evening, took the X out of the box and I hear a loud cracking sound as I pulled it out. I'm like wtf is that. Any bit of pressure on the back of the X and it creaks, it's pretty fucking loud. I don't intend on putting pressure on the back of the box, but this is not normal. Anyone else experience this? Top part is not sitting flush with the bottom. Link below.