• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
So I have EA access where Battlefield 1 is included. But it's in Games with Gold this month. Can I not redeem it free as part of Games with Gold if I have an EA access subscription?

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
Got my X replaced and thank god the new one is perfectly silent!

Here's what the first one sounded like :

Here's the new one :

Night and day difference.
And I had to fight the clerk to get it replaced, it told me every X Sound the same, that it got 6 at home and everyone got the whine...

TL;DR If your X rattle, chirp and seesaw, replace that shit ASAP.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Got my X replaced and thank god the new one is perfectly silent!

Here's what the first one sounded like :

Here's the new one :

Night and day difference.
And I had to fight the clerk to get it replaced, it told me every X Sound the same, that it got 6 at home and everyone got the whine...

TL;DR If your X rattle, chirp and seesaw, replace that shit ASAP.

Posted a video on the previous page about my new X creaking near the back, seems like the cooling unit is causing the top part to bulge. Wonder if I'll have any issues with it, it's a bit of a pain to pack up and send back but might be best to take care of it now. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still getting coil whine with very intensive games, but it doesn't bother me because I can't hear it over the sound of the game.

As long as the console is silent while idle, I'm fine.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn I just started to get his with this "disconnecting controller" nonsense.
It's only happened twice so far, no idea what kicked it off, and I can plug the controller in to stop it.

Still really annoying though.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
So the xbox one x I got saturday started flashing black screens randomly (about a second and it goes back to whatever I was doing), is this a known issue? Should I have it replaced? It's still under warranty of course, is there a fix? I will need to move the games I've dowloaded onto an external hard drive if I need to replace the console.

Edit: Found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXpHhXFQdl0

What does color depth bits per pixel have to do with anything? Mine is set to 24 bits per pixel (8-bit), in the video he says it shouldn't be set at 12-bit, but mine wasn't at that anway? So is 10-bit my only hope?

vahlorie

Oct 26, 2017
Just upgraded to an X from my OG Xbox One, all great so far other than for some reason on the X I'm getting a quarter of the download speeds that I do on the OG Xbox One.

Tried restarting the console couple of times, updating console, switching ethernet cables, but nothing has worked so far.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
With the Xbox One Xs being $100 cheaper, is it worth it to get one mainly for BC and Game Pass? Want to hear opinions before I buy one.

PS4 Pro will still be my primary console, though.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
With the Xbox One Xs being $100 cheaper, is it worth it to get one mainly for BC and Game Pass? Want to hear opinions before I buy one.

PS4 Pro will still be my primary console, though.
Really only you can answer that one for yourself. There are certainly enough quality games in Game Pass that you could just play those games and nothing else for years, but only if those games interest you or if you've never played them before. BC is great, but it's far better if you already have a large collection of 360 games available to you.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really only you can answer that one for yourself. There are certainly enough quality games in Game Pass that you could just play those games and nothing else for years, but only if those games interest you or if you've never played them before. BC is great, but it's far better if you already have a large collection of 360 games available to you.

Well I have 5 physical 360 games I've yet to really play (3 others that are not on the BC list), then I have at least 5 digital (Can we not look up our games list online? o.o), and then game pass has probably 20 games I'd play.

Getting to play Gears 5 in the future without shelling out $90 CAD would be nice too. So I guess in that respect it might be, more or less, worth it.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Okay I have not gotten the E105 error except for that one incident but I repeatedly at least every few days get an error where my saved games are corrupted and I need to clear the cache and restart my Xbox.

is this Xbox on its way out should I consider having it replaced before my warranty is up in February?

Or is this common?

I don't remember having this when I was running most of my daily games off of my external drive but a few months ago I moved most of my most played games to my internal and this started happening

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I have not gotten the E105 error except for that one incident but I repeatedly at least every few days get an error where my saved games are corrupted and I need to clear the cache and restart my Xbox.

is this Xbox on its way out should I consider having it replaced before my warranty is up in February?

Or is this common?

I don't remember having this when I was running most of my daily games off of my external drive but a few months ago I moved most of my most played games to my internal and this started happening
I wouldn't say that's normal. I've had the launch system and have had only one error that I had to reset my MAC address for wifi. Other than that one time, I haven't had a single error on it.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone have trouble with their headphones? I use the Atmos setting but after putting my system to sleep and then turning it on again, I have to go to the settings menu and turn off Atmos headphones and then back on again to get any sound out of my controller.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I wouldn't say that's normal. I've had the launch system and have had only one error that I had to reset my MAC address for wifi. Other than that one time, I haven't had a single error on it.
Yes i was afraid of that

I guess if it happens again will process a ticket. Might be easier to take to my local MS store and see if they replace. Thx

Oct 28, 2017

Or is this common?

Replace it as soon as possible. things will only get worse over time.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone having issues with their headphones and xbox one? I have to go into the audio settings every time i turn my console on and turn atmos off then on again to get any audio through headphones + controller.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with their headphones and xbox one? I have to go into the audio settings every time i turn my console on and turn atmos off then on again to get any audio through headphones + controller.
I don't, but for the sake of troubleshooting, what behavior do the headphone audio exhibit when you turn it on and Atmos is still enabled?

I posted to another thread (Game pass) but I have not really heard anything. So I am going to try here!

So is something like this a good external drive for the X?

https://smile.amazon.com/Seagate-Dr...d=1544319829&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+seagate+8tb

I am not really sure what the requirements are that I am looking for.
The only real requirements I'd give you advice on is storage space and ensure it's USB 3.0. Performance is marginal on drives (we're excluding SSDs from this discussion) that bring it and you wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

The nice thing about that Seagate, in my opinion, is it provides 2 more USB ports. It also has official Xbox branding support behind it, so that's worth something, even if it's only peace of mind.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Man. I've had my 1X and Vizio P65 for a couple - several months now.

Only realizing today that I never had UHD / HDR set to "on" in my input settings.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Yeah, wow. That is quite literally the stuff nightmares are made of.

CalamitySanity , what are some of the games in HDR you missed out on?
Gears 4, Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 4, Fortnite (not sure if that one is HDR or not), and probably a couple of others. I feel so incredibly dumb lmao. I guess I thought it'd be on by default.

I randomly decided to use the calibration feature on my TV and when I went into TV information (or whatever it is on xbox settings), it said my TV is not capable of HDR10 with my current settings. I audibly wondered what the fuck, and sure enough, UHD was checked off on input 1 :^[

Last edited:

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I don't, but for the sake of troubleshooting, what behavior do the headphone audio exhibit when you turn it on and Atmos is still enabled?

The only real requirements I'd give you advice on is storage space and ensure it's USB 3.0. Performance is marginal on drives (we're excluding SSDs from this discussion) that bring it and you wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

The nice thing about that Seagate, in my opinion, is it provides 2 more USB ports. It also has official Xbox branding support behind it, so that's worth something, even if it's only peace of mind.

I get no audio until I go into settings and turn off Atmos like to stereo and then turn it back on. Then I get audio through headphones.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Microsoft aren't willing to fix the games updates glitch? Now I have to redownload RDR2 all over again! This has happened 3 times now in 2 months

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Please help, I'm getting Double NAT on my X1X. How can I fix it?

Edit: Also having a problem connecting the console to 5Ghz. It keeps disconnecting! My router is Netis WF2780

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Please help, I'm getting Double NAT on my X1X. How can I fix it?

Edit: Also having a problem connecting the console to 5Ghz. It keeps disconnecting! My router is Netis WF2780

You almost certainly have a cable modem or similar handing out local IP's.. then a "router" for WiFi or whatever handing out local IP's again.

The best solution is to set the ISP device into bridge mode so that it simply hands the public IP from the WAN (ISP) side to your device. Then that can hand out local subnet IPs and you won't have double NAT.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
You almost certainly have a cable modem or similar handing out local IP's.. then a "router" for WiFi or whatever handing out local IP's again.

The best solution is to set the ISP device into bridge mode so that it simply hands the public IP from the WAN (ISP) side to your device. Then that can hand out local subnet IPs and you won't have double NAT.
Fixed it all good now. Is there a download speed cap on the X? Because I dont see it using my speed properly

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Look at this, made me go crazy

Changing ports is probably a placebo and you'll just get varied performance depending on what other people are doing when you run the test each time. You also likely need to setup your firewall to properly support all of the services, and the port will be important there.

From a performance perspective the port is really unimportant. It's really just there so you can define what to do with that traffic in your firewall.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
With the included one month of game pass, the one x has been great experience for me so far. FH4 is the most breathtaking racing game I've seen.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Why can't I have a stable download speed on Xbox? I have 100Mbps fiber connection and just two times got the download speed up to 90. Most of the time it's either 5-6 or 25-30

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know what programs to use to reformat an external hard drive back to its original state, after being formated for the xbox one?
I did not know that the xbox one would make an external harddrive unreadable after being formatted, which is incredible stupid.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Just connect it to your PC. It should ask you to format to Fat32 me thinks.

The problem is that it isnt getting recognized anymore when it is plugged and I cannot access the files. I read that the Xbox adds some protection measures, which makes me unable to edit it. It was perfectly normal before I reformated it through the Xbox. Upon googling this, people have had this problem for several years but no solution was provided.

Edit*

This truly sucks. I now found an option by reformating through forcing it through control panel, but it only reformats to 2 TB (I have 4 TB)

Last edited:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well shit. I had a external drive aswell which was unusable after hooking it up with my One. But formatting through PS4 worked fine with it.