• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
headqquff.png

Release Date:
11/07/17
Models: Limited Project Scorpio Edition & Standard Edition, Infinite Black
Price: $499.99 USD
dots20utt.png
sockrut0.png

CPU: Custom CPU @ 2.3 GHz, 8 cores
GPU: Custom GPU @ 1.172 GHz, 40 CUs, Polaris features, 6.0 TFLOPS

Memory: 12 GB GDDR5 @ 326 GB/s
Storage: 1TB (expandable via USB)
Rez/Hrz: 2160p @ 60Hz AMD FreeSync HDMI Variable Refresh Rate
Cooling: Vapor Chamber with rear exhaust
Power: 245W (internal)
dots20utt.png
gamest4umo.png

Compatibility: Supports all Xbox One games and backcompat titles & accessories

Enhanced: Hundreds of Current, Backwards and Future games (click for list)
Supports: 4K Ultra HD & High Dynamic Range

dots20utt.png

hello from nihilence

Last edited:

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty exciting, just a few more days!

On another note, Tyrese Gibson just became a PS4 fan after reading your thread title.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like an opportunity was missed for
Xbox One X |OT| Call me Hank

Or

Xbox One X |OT| Scorpio.

Still, excited to pick up mine with AC Origins on Tuesday!

XorpiZ

Oct 29, 2017
itshappening.gif

edit: Tom Warren mentioned that it's louder than the XB1 - more akin to a standard gaming PC.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really glad I never played Gears 4. Now I get dat enhanced 60 FPS feel.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready!!! Good OT, but I still wish it would've been "Phil the Power" or "X Gon' Give it to Ya!" :p

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Reading a lot of similar sentiments as last year's PS4 Pro. It's good if you want to play games that are well supported, but it's certainly not for everyone just yet.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh god some of these reviews are bad like they aren't technical enough to properly review it. same problem with the Pro. USgamer in particular

Oct 27, 2017
Early take from the reviews:

Very impressive hardware, with not enough enhanced software (yet) to showcase it.

Assassin's Creed seems to be the highlight, measurably more impressive.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
oh god some of these reviews are bad like they aren't technical enough to properly review it. same problem with the Pro. USgamer in particular

I don't agree. This thing should be reviewed as a consumer product with a proper cost-benefit approach aimed at the actual end user. The technical side is only interesting to a small niche and will be extensively covered by Digital Foundry and the like.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree. This thing should be reviewed as a consumer product with a proper cost-benefit approach aimed at the actual end user. The technical side is only interesting to a small niche and will be extensively covered by Digital Foundry and the like.
What I mean is they are saying things that aren't accurate, not that they aren't being technical enough

USgamer says the Pro can't do native 4k which isn't really true and then lists a bunch of X games as native 4k when not all of them actually are

Oct 27, 2017

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
You get a certain downsample on Xbox One X tho. Where in Pro you are in the hands of the dev doing it.

Yeah, you've got down sampling effectively providing some aliasing and the potential for some more steady framerates thanks to the extra power.

The main take away from that was that it wasn't really making too much of a difference to how games were looking on a 1080p set.