• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The market is not zero sum. It's business, not sports. A particular product can be a massive success and not lead the market.

It's not surprising or really wrong comparisons are being made to other consoles. Sony, MS, and Nintendo are all competing with each other for sales. So when people hear "XB1 is up 100000% YOY" or "1X is selling extremely well" It makes you wonder how well is it really doing since it's always coming in 3rd in NPD. Especially in regards to 1X sales since that would contribute to even less of overall sales of XB1.

In any competitive market with multiple products questions like that will always come up.

Unless you're willing to give us a breakdown of unit sales. :)

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I can handle. I'm saying that is positive things to be said about both and not only Xbox.

And I think who can't handle that is not me.

You're in an Xbox thread, talking specifically about Xbox One X and not Xbox One, saying it is "wierd" we don't have articles or tweets about the "phenomenal year 5 Playstation is having" (when there are TONS, and I'm not going to continue with your derail of the topic by posting them).

For extra points you're trying to downplay the OP by talking about Microsoft coming off their worst year, as if that has any real credance to why a $500 mid-gen system is defying expectations.

Do you seriously not see yourself right now?

You remember the part when I said certain people seem unable to handle positive Xbox shit? Lo and behold, look at the post right above your last recent post:

Yeah... But Sony is still crushing Microsoft in total console sales. Those numbers are misleading.

The King has returned in the form of the Playstation 4. It's going to be very hard for Xbox to usurp it - even going into a new generation.

It's like someone got lost on the way to N4G and forgot he was on Era. Sony is not paying you, brother. What are you even gaining out of this? Everything about this fanboy-riddled post is sad, especially in relation to the OP.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
It's not surprising or really wrong comparisons are being made to other consoles. Sony, MS, and Nintendo are all competing with each other for sales. So when people hear "XB1 is up 100000% YOY" or "1X is selling extremely well" It makes you wonder how well is it really doing since it's always coming in 3rd in NPD. Especially in regards to 1X sales since that would contribute to even less of overall sales of XB1.

In any competitive market with multiple products questions like that will always come up.

This is inherently false. You don't see smartphone users saying the same thing for Android vs Apple sales, and that's probably the closest thing we have to compare this to. Matt is 100% correct; this is business, not sports. Some of you guys can't seem to understand that a competitor can be doing very well even if he isn't the market leader, especially after said competitor just completely turned around a sinking ship and has an extremely positive future looming ahead.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
You're in an Xbox thread, talking specifically about Xbox One X and not Xbox One, saying it is "wierd" we don't have articles or tweets about the "phenomenal year 5 Playstation is having" (when there are TONS, and I'm not going to continue with your derail of the topic by posting them).

For extra points you're trying to downplay the OP by talking about Microsoft coming off their worst year, as if that has any real credance to why a $500 mid-gen system is defying expectations.

Do you seriously not see yourself right now?

You remember the part when I said certain people seem unable to handle positive Xbox shit? Lo and behold, look at the post right above your last recent post:

It's like someone got lost on the way to N4G and forgot he was on Era. Sony is not paying you, brother. What are you even gaining out of this? Everything about this fanboy-riddled post is sad, especially in relation to the OP.

I think you should see yourself. I didnt`t downplay anyone. I didn`t disrail anything. I said is really great but I want see articles from both.

You sounds like a really angry fanboy, trying to create a narrative against me, because you can`t see me asking about articles measuring about PS4 too? grow up!

The guy you quoted look like a real fanboy but your answer too me looks like a fanboy too. Because I`m not downplaying XboxONE X I think it is a great console and It is really good that sales are doing great.

I`m always saying that I think $500 is the sweet spot for consoles if we want something with great specs and MS did right.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida

It seems more exaggerated in consoles though. In a lot of other markets you just consider the context. Often the market leader is so far ahead too that even being second when its not even close is still good. Like Pepsi v Coke, Honda v GM, Google v Baidu (or Bing). Even companies like Apple and the fact they don't sell the most phones or computers they just happen to make the most money from them.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
well deserved. the X compared to the PS4Pro is everything the 2013 PS4 was compared to the 2013 Xbox One. just a better piece of hardware in pretty much every way, MS did a great job on this revision.

the 4k support on some BC titles is just icing on the cake.

Yup, X is the best console and the best value for the money atm

It's really such a beautiful piece of hardware, it's compact cool and quiet yet powerful, and has all the extra features like 4k blue ray freesync 1440p support and Backward compatibility, gamepass is very cool as well, it just needs some more exclusive content, but MS got that covered too, they purchased so many new studios and Phil said they're planing on aquiring even more studios in the future,I'm a Playstation guy but MS got me excited for the future, if MS keeps up this pro consumer attitude and continue to heavily invest in their ecosystem, then i can see myself switching come next gen

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I think it's weird we don't have articles or Twitters about the phenomenal year 5 that PlayStation is having.

Ms is coming from their worst year. It is good they are selling better in US. But what PS4 is idong this year should be noted too.

PlayStation's great performance is noted every month in the analyst notes with the data release.

The tweet is my take on the One X. Has nothing to do with the PS4. The sales between these two systems are not related.

And you keep making vague references to media or articles. I'm not a journalist.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Count me among the folks who bought an X this year and while I don't play it that much aside from BC, next year is going to be loaded in terms of 3rd-party. RE2 is going to look PHENOMENAL on the X. SonyToo™ of course, because that's looking like what this this thread is turning into.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, though can you be sure about that? :)

All bases is a pretty broad statement to claim. What about VR? What about Japan/Asia exclusives? What about a dedicated sports title? Are those guaranteed? You'd hope so.
VR is secondary and not the main reason to own a console IMO but not withstanding, MS has made great strides in VR, MR and AR research and even provides tools for development in that regard so I''m almost certain Scarlett will be VR ready out the box and regarding services, Xbox live, 1P content and hardware It's obvious they got their bases covered. sports titles? Japanese content? The Switch is doing great without the western dev support Xbox and PS get..MS is building and acquiring studios to fill up their exclusive output. and 3P have sports titles covered or do you assume they need baseball to do well next gen? MS is in the process of opening an Asian Xbox publishing division which will cover China, Japan, and South Korea and will actively pursue partnerships with devs in the region... do you think they are doing that for no reason?

PlayStation's great performance is noted every month in the analyst notes with the data release.

The tweet is my take on the One X. Has nothing to do with the PS4. The sales between these two systems are not related.

And you keep making vague references to media or articles. I'm not a journalist.
Thanks for your take on this topic. It's always great to hear what you have to say regarding these consoles. Glad to see X doing great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not surprising or really wrong comparisons are being made to other consoles.

It is not surprising. It is misguided.

Sony, MS, and Nintendo are all competing with each other for sales.

They're really not, at least not at the level I think you're implying. Cross-ownership is very high, and the success of one does not necessarily result in declines for one of the others. Particularly Switch, which has shown very high cross-ownership rates.

So when people hear "XB1 is up 100000% YOY" or "1X is selling extremely well" It makes you wonder how well is it really doing since it's always coming in 3rd in NPD.

Rankings and performance are not related. Maybe the only thing to take from this is in that context is "Well, if X is doing great, but PS4 is still leading in overall sales then PS4 must be doing something even more special."

Especially in regards to 1X sales since that would contribute to even less of overall sales of XB1.

Only if you look at it in a unit vacuum, which is not a good way to look at it.

And if it were a zero sum market that might make some sense. But gaming certainly isn't, so it's a pointless exercise. It's only when people root for these plastic and metal boxes like they do for their favorite football team or something.

It's not my data to share. If these companies wish to share that information they certainly can.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I agree almost entirely with your post apart from the above. I don't think the "bad press" your speaking of resonates beyond gaming forums. In fact, I'll say with some confidence that the wider market has no clue about the bad press your referencing here. The closest thing to reaching a mass awareness would have been fortnite cross play but PS4 was still the destination platform for that game in the height of the negative articles and have sustained that position without a hiccup.

Bad press that reaches the mainstream and in turn has an effect, would be something like Battlefront's loot box fiasco and the resulting drop, to the tune of millions, in game sales. And more notably a loss of confidence gamers have in their products that continues through to this day.

I completely agree with the cross play thing, that was huge and caused Sony to back track (thankfully) on it. Hopefully this bodes well for next gen. I think it always starts with forums etc and can slowly edge out into the mainstream. No idea of really knowing until next gen.

I think you are pretty much right though, it's just the vibe I get due to being on forums so much.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
A strong Microsoft is good for the industry so this is good news. And with the X and game pass they've been knocking it out of the park recently so it is well deserved.

There is a lot of strangely insecure people in here. Tribalism is a hell of a drug.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I think you should see yourself. I didnt`t downplay anyone. I didn`t disrail anything. I said is really great but I want see articles from both.

You sounds like a really angry fanboy, trying to create a narrative against me, because you can`t see me asking about articles measuring about PS4 too? grow up!

The guy you quoted look like a real fanboy but your answer too me looks like a fanboy too. Because I`m not downplaying XboxONE X I think it is a great console and It is really good that sales are doing great.

I`m always saying that I think $500 is the sweet spot for consoles if we want something with great specs and MS did right.

What the hell are you talking about? Stop trying to deflect away from yourself; there is nothing "angry" or "fanboy" about my posts. How am I trying to create a narrative when I am simply quoting you on your derailment, asking about lack of news articles regarding PS4 sales... in an Xbox One X topic? Hell, Matt even took the time out to respond to your bullshit, something I'm surprised he took the effort to do. Of course you don't respond to him, though.

The guy I quoted that was banned was an example of my post, when I said "some of you." Ironically he posted right above you. The defensiveness and random deflection of your own fanboyism is quite telling.

Exactly. Thank you, Mat. Sorry you need to deal with shit like this here. Just know the vast majority of us appreciates your analysis and insight.

Always happens, but mods are doing a better job of suppressing them. I just don't understand why it's so difficult for certain people to bypass positive MS topics when the only interest they have is posting a negative MS comment while posting something positive about PS. Makes no sense to me.

Makes no sense to me, neither. Some of these people are going to really go crazy come next gen.

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
What the hell are you talking about? Stop trying to deflect away from yourself; there is nothing "angry" or "fanboy" about my posts. How am I trying to create a narrative when I am simply quoting you on your derailment, asking about lack of news articles regarding PS4 sales... in an Xbox One X topic? Hell, Matt even took the time out to respond to your bullshit, something I'm surprised he took the effort to do. Of course you don't respond to him, though.

The guy I quoted that was banned was an example of my post, when I said "some of you." Ironically he posted right above you. The defensiveness and random deflection of your own fanboyism is quite telling.

Exactly. Thank you, Mat. Sorry you need to deal with shit like this here. Just know the vast majority of us appreciates your analysis and insight.

Makes no sense to me, neither. Some of these people are going to really go crazy come next gen.
I think you need to chill out a bit. You are a really angry fanboy trying to create a narrative that sustain your imagination.

You tried to create a new context about what I write and are trying to paint me like a fanboy. Nice try.

I will ignore you for my good mental health.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I agree almost entirely with your post apart from the above. I don't think the "bad press" your speaking of resonates beyond gaming forums. In fact, I'll say with some confidence that the wider market has no clue about the bad press your referencing here. The closest thing to reaching a mass awareness would have been fortnite cross play but PS4 was still the destination platform for that game in the height of the negative articles and have sustained that position without a hiccup.

Bad press that reaches the mainstream and in turn has an effect, would be something like Battlefront's loot box fiasco and the resulting drop, to the tune of millions, in game sales. And more notably a loss of confidence gamers have in their products that continues through to this day.
I completely agree with the cross play thing, that was huge and caused Sony to back track (thankfully) on it. Hopefully this bodes well for next gen. I think it always starts with forums etc and can slowly edge out into the mainstream. No idea of really knowing until next gen.

I think you are pretty much right though, it's just the vibe I get due to being on forums so much.

I'm pretty sure all the negativity surrounding the XBO launch reached mass awareness.

Pre orders were lower than expected and this gen is the result of that mass awareness.

The cross play thing is small in comparison. We don't even know if it would have had an effect. Because sales didn't show it yet.

What's funny is some ppl act like Sony wasn't doing it at all. They basically have been doing it the same way since last gen.

But because MS decided to do it a step further, suddenly what Sony been doing doesn't matter...

The reveal, negativity hurt alot more than 900p. That came later. That was just added to the already negative pile.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I think you need to chill out a bit. You are a really angry fanboy trying to create a narrative that sustain your imagination.

You tried to create a new context about what I write and are trying to paint me like a fanboy. Nice try.

I will ignore you for my good mental health.

To put it gently, the basis of your original posts were off-topic (which was pointed out Mat Piscatella). You've moved from there to name-calling and basically trying to re-litigate that original event. If you did want the info you originally asked for, it was offered in good faith by Piscatella, even though it's apart from this topic.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
The more competition the better.. I got the 399$ Gold Rush Edition with BF5.. Couldn't stand playing BF5 on the Xbox One S with those pixelated smoke and what not..

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
To put it gently, the basis of your original posts were off-topic (which was pointed out Mat Piscatella). You've moved from there to name-calling and basically trying to re-litigate that original event. If you did want the info you originally asked for, it was offered in good faith by Piscatella, even though it's apart from this topic.
The other guy started that. I said it is really great that Xbox is doing great.

I just was asking about articles talking about both year 5. Just that. I didn't implied any fanboism.

But I'm sorry if you guys see like that. I post on all sides and I will repeat it is great that Xbox is selling better this year in US.