• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 2, 2021

To be honest I'm kinda suprised there's still no thread here on Era.
3 days in a row now people are having issues to log in.
Pretty much can't even play single-player games. Single-player games!

Last edited:

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Due to fortnite launching on IOS, they'll get it under control soon enough, alot of ppl who game share are locked out of their games though

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Been fortunate that this hasn't impacted me yet but this is unacceptable - people shouldn't lose access to the offline games they have

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
oh weird, I heard about this but I didn't know it was so bad.

Is it only happening on Europe?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah if the license is on your system it shouldn't have to check every day. This is goddamn shit of MS

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that an outage affects your downloaded games is absolutely mind blowing to me. Can't believe this kind of DRM exists at a system level.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Not to sound mean but this is a good thing, it should definitely force MS to make some changes now. 3 days in a row is very hard to ignore.

Either make the DRM less strict or offer a few days free of Game Pass Ultimate/ XBL Gold to everyone affected.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I set up a new Xbox this weekend and that was a huge pain in the ass because of these outages.

Due to fortnite launching on IOS, they'll get it under control soon enough, alot of ppl who game share are locked out of their games though

Wait what

Edit: ah I get you, saw the reply above

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Been fortunate that this hasn't impacted me yet but this is unacceptable - people shouldn't lose access to the offline games they have
Wait, you can't even a launch a previously downloaded game with Live out? Is it only for ones you haven't launched before or say haven't launched for a while? It is kind of rubbish though either way.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
My best friend has been complaining nonstop for almost 72 hours. Not being able to play your SP games is some bullshit.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Not to sound mean but this is a good thing, it should definitely force MS to make some changes now. 3 days in a row is very hard to ignore.

Either make the DRM less strict or offer a few days free of Game Pass Ultimate/ XBL Gold to everyone affected.
How I feel right now.

It sucks that it had to go on this long, but hopefully enough people speak out that they finally update their DRM.

Jul 1, 2020
I couldn't play anything Friday night because of these issues. Microsoft is usually a lot better with their infrastructure.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. I didn't even know about the DRM until this week so it's good that it's being brought to light. Microsoft has been really good about responding and adjusting to feedback so I expect changes to the DRM in the future if fans push hard enough.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It has to be a sector of data centers because i game share and haven't had issues on my xbox or PC xcloud but i have friends who both gameshare and don't who have been having issues.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I was down for two days straight here in Florida but it seems to be better now. Kept telling me I need to re-purchase my games.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been able to play games on any of my systems since Friday. Was able to set up gamepass cloud streaming on my steam deck at least.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird how it only affects some people?

I was finishing up Trek to Yomi earlier and gave me a warning that I had to play offline due to the outage, but it worked fine offline. Seems some can't even launch games offline tho.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I haven't turned my series s on in a few days, but I launched a few games and it seems to be working for me (I'm in the US). Don't know if it wouldn't have worked yesterday but this is pretty unacceptable. Hopefully Xbox makes changes to their DRM policies.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
It has been frustrating. Usually you can go offline on your home Xbox just fine, but this outage has been different which is strange.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
In Maryland and yeah, been happening all weekend.

My main Xbox is my kids with mine being secondary, which means I basically can't play anything when this happens.
I agree with Paris, they need to extend the license window. It's 2022 and this is just unacceptable at this point.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really weird that I haven't had a single issue playing any games this weekend, despite me only playing Game Pass games, too, which are normally the most fragile for me in terms of XBL connectivity.

They need to re-negotiate this compromise with publishers to allow multi-console families more robustness, because the current method leaves no margin for error.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
If you're having trouble make sure your Xbox is set as your home console in settings. It might not fix all your issues with this but it certainly lessened the number of error messages for me.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017

Ideally they will address this issue. Of the newest consoles, i'm more likely to pick up a XSX because I like the backwards compatibility and GamePass but I was routinely extremely annoyed when I would be playing a game that I owned physically on X1 and it'd kick me because Microsoft's servers hiccuped. It was crazy to me that I couldn't play Shenmue without being signed in.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, again? Frustrating stuff for sure and also feel for the folks who are trying to put out these fires.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the single player games thing is wild.

What is odd tho is I have gotten license checking notifications on my PS5 the past few days.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must be regional outages. NE here and haven't had any issues. Was playing Rogue Legacy 2 just last night.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Not great. Hope this prompts some changes, the impacts of these outages could be minimized wth a change of policy

Raigor

May 14, 2020
EU here and i didn't have problems with GamePass PC App this past week-end.

Maybe it's Xbox only?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dang, that sucks.

I hope they resolve this issue and get things locked in.

Haven't personally experienced issues since I've been logging in each day just fine (US) but I'd be infuriated if it happened to me.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly haven't had any issues the last 3 days, I wonder why it's so random in terms of who's having issues.