• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this will stop the fear that Bethesda will stop releasing games on other platforms.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No reason not to. A little weird to see now, but those contracts were set for a while before this so it's not surprising.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
case-by-case= if its expensive multi, smaller gamepass.

elder scrolls online also continues on ps(announced on twitter)

hope the studios survive....

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
of course anyone thinking otherwise is just being silly. Big stuff will widely available, middle depends, and small stuff to keep Gamepass full

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
So Elder Scrolls online and that's it? The only reality I see in which Elder Scrolls and Starfield are multiplat is if Sony runs away with the console market again, which is seeming increasingly unlikely with how competitive MS is being.

Right now they're clearly just keeping it up in the air whilst they wait and see which way the market blows

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
This was expected based on past precedent, but it is still nice to see this confirmed.

Are those two games timed exclusives or full on exclusives?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't think there was a reasonable expectation of anything else. Good to hear that confirmed, though.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I mean these are exclusive for ps5 right? Chances are they have to do it or refund any money Sony has paid for them

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this will stop the fear that Bethesda will stop releasing games on other platforms.
They already had contracts in place. But MS did not block Minecraft from going on Playstation (the crappy version they had for a while was due to Sony not wanting crossplay ) so the precedent is already there

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
"Case by case basis"

So like it is now, with Bethesda weighing on each console in a case by case basis. A lot of Bethesda games have skipped and will skip some platforms that they think don't fit the platform. See: Nintendo Switch not getting any of the Tango games or the Arkane games.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

I mean, "other consoles on a case by case basis" isn't exactly the most promising wording.

The fact of the matter is that we don't know what will happen yet. People acting like Elder Scrolls and Fallout are now confirmed Xbox exclusives are wrong. People acting like they're confirmed multi-platform titles are also wrong. We don't know.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Expected the case by case basis, Bethesda is too big to make a sweeping policy like "its all exclusive now". I wonder about Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 specifically though.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has nothing to do with the buy out. Contracts have been made and MS bought them too.

They dont "honor" anything, they dont want to break the contract and be sued by Sony.

But its nice PR.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect they mean the tentpole games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Games that'll move 10+ million on other consoles and make a ton of money.

Oct 25, 2017
None of this is shocking.

Fallout, Starfield, and Elder Scrolls command big budgets. I wouldn't be shocked if those game to PS5 just to get money. Especially when they know people WILL spend money on it.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TLDR: If you want future Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, get an Xbox or gaming PC.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Future updates for Fallout 76 and The Elder Scrolls Online, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Deathloop it is, then.