Sep 12, 2018
AnnualElderlyCutworm-max-1mb.gif

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is MS still doing ads for game pass with Vtubers? I still think that was one of their smartest moves

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
You're laughing. Xbox Series S by itself outsold the PS5 in Japan this month. And you're laughing?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sony sending an emergency shipment to Japan to boost up the numbers for this week.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's really kind of incredible how starkly Sony has just walked away from Japan. If that's the level of stock they're sending there, it's absolutely pathetic.

Like they can't seriously expect FFXVI to sell well locally if nobody has the hardware. They gotta up their allocations to Japan otherwise XVI is gonna omegabomb when it comes out.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I think the outselling the PS5 doesn't mean much but MS must be pleased it's moving even if only in very small amounts.

Oct 25, 2017

Because PS5 normally sells 15k-30k depending on the stock constraints. Last week it was obviously very little stock which makes this basically a joke tweet and not something to actually draw any insight out of other than PS5 wasn't in stock last week.

Though I guess people are trying really hard to take something away from a week of basically no stock out of context when they can easily look up the other weeks if they want. Whatever have fun with it.

Edit: Misread some sarcasm

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Those numbers are crazy for a country with 120milllion people.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
"No stock" doesn't really change how crazy it is. If anything, it's crazy that they let interest in PlayStation there decline to the point that they would someday send so little stock that the Xbox would outsell it.
No? Why would they care about that at all? It's not even an interest thing, they just don't have the consoles to sell.

This thread just confirms I should post one about the 'PS5 outselling the Switch' every time it beats that SKU just to pointlessly rile people up.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
It's really kind of incredible how starkly Sony has just walked away from Japan. If that's the level of stock they're sending there, it's absolutely pathetic.

Like they can't seriously expect FFXVI to sell well locally if nobody has the hardware. They gotta up their allocations to Japan otherwise XVI is gonna omegabomb when it comes out.
To be fair, usually the PS5 outsells the Series consoles by a pretty wide margin, usually 4 or 5 times as much.

A few weeks ago I remarked that it was crazy that the PS5 had only sold double what the Series consoles sold

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
While I'm pretty sure the whole scalpers fiasco had nothing to do with it, there is some beautiful schaudenfraude in seeing the PS5 struggle after seeing how disinterested Sony has been in trying to stamp them out.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Is this the result of PS5 stock issues? Sony's lack of interest in Japan? Microsoft trying to push the Xbox brand harder there?

Or all of the above?

Liquid

Banned
Sep 13, 2021

I know the only thing you usually do in threads is dooming, but you could at least check regularly the drops so you won't drop uninformed takes like this one. Japan literally had better stocks than many countries in Europe this past quarter, like UK.

Oct 27, 2017
I know ppl would hate it but I'd love a slim ps5 that made the psu external. Would be annoying but at least when the psu breaks it would be easier to replace AND it would make the system (assuming a node shrink to 5nm and maybe a smaller number of ram chips) a whole lot smaller and close to series s size

I do wonder if ps+ premium will change things in Japan as the allure of $299 Xbox and game
Pass has to be tempting to curious Japanese gamers. If I'm Sony you bundle like 3-6 months in those consoles so ppl get heavily invested in it. Then again they disabled subscription stacking so fat chance i guess lol