• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
unknown.png

This was provided by EightBitNate who got a hold of the new controller. Apparently these controllers aren't meant to be on sale until November 5th/6th and as such the warranty information for them ends on the actual release date a year later (MS offers a 90 Day Standard Warranty with a 1 year Limited warranty in the case of widespread product defect). The 5th is a Thursday so I imagine it might be a worldwide release date (5th in the US would be the 6th in Japan).

The controllers could potentially be releasing before the consoles since they're compatible with numerous devices, will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Video of the controller in question

Last edited:

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Microsoft. Just announce everything already.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to have to wait that long for a controller. They're already out there in retail packaging, the latest version of the Xbox OS supports them, what's the hold up?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thats about a week - 2 weeks before all the big games come out so makes sense
I would love halo in early november
Also is this out in stores? how do so many people have one, unless it's all the same guy... I wanna pick one up for my pc

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly fascinating that a controller leaked early and is giving such interesting information. What other secrets does it hold?

Nov 8, 2017
Since it's compatible with X1 and Pc already yeah it would make perfect sense if the controllers hit store shelves officially this month.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
What? no way these were looted from the best buy then. Why would they be storing controllers this far advance if they weren't supposed to be out till November? They would not be in store backrooms.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Whats the warranty on current xbox controllers? A year?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is the controller slightly smaller than the elite shown? is the elite bigger than a standard xbox one controller?

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
unfortunately we're still in 2020
90 Days from now is November 8th if we ignore the warranty is until 2021

90 Days Standard, 1 year from release limited warranty in the case of defects
Their warranty registration has been a little wonky in the past with some people getting an extra year (same day/month) or the warranty extending 2-3 months extra around the holiday season. I think other launch games hinted that it would be more towards the middle of November.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That (or earlier) is what I was hoping for specifically because I want to be able to play Destiny 2: Beyond Light at 60 FPS on launch night.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
In my head this was the date for halo 2 that Moore had that "tattoo" of.
but sadly it was off by a few days otherwise this pic would have made a great post hah.
197112_peter.jpg

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Do controllers for systems usually come before a console release? I realize this is a sort of special case since they will be BC with Xbox One, but I always assumed that the accessories came out the same day as the console. Guess I never noticed before really.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Every Xbox console has released during Black Friday week (coincidentally all on the 22nd) - so it'll likely be the 23rd or 24th (since the 22nd is a Sunday).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Do controllers for systems usually come before a console release? I realize this is a sort of special case since they will be BC with Xbox One, but I always assumed that the accessories came out the same day as the console. Guess I never noticed before really.
I remember getting a DS4 ahead of the PS4 launch. Used it on PC for a bit.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
No way is this the console release date. My guess is controller and accessories will be out 7-10 days before console release

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely got a DualShock 4 a cpl weeks before launch.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Their warranty registration has been a little wonky in the past with some people getting an extra year (same day/month) or the warranty extending 2-3 months extra around the holiday season. I think other launch games hinted that it would be more towards the middle of November.

Ah, the year extra and that would make sense. I wasn't thinking of the extra limited year for defects.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THE STICKS ARE TIGHT AGAIN LIKE THE 360

All these unboxing videos and not one mentions how it feels lol...

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

What launch games? The only games we know of aiming for launch that I am aware of are The Medium and Halo, and I don't recall anything being said about their dates. Only other one I can think of is ACV, which will obviously be very close.

I remember getting a DS4 ahead of the PS4 launch. Used it on PC for a bit.
No way is this the console release date. My guess is controller and accessories will be out 7-10 days before console release
I definitely got a DualShock 4 a cpl weeks before launch.

I see. I guess I never really paid much attention in the past lol. So most likely it'll be a few weeks afterward most likely.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Every Xbox console has released during Black Friday week (coincidentally all on the 22nd) - so it'll likely be the 23rd or 24th (since the 22nd is a Sunday).

The Xbox One released on the Friday before Black Friday; the equivalent date this year would be the 20th.

That said, I think it's likely Sony claims that date, so I agree that the 24th (the Tuesday of BF week) is a good potential date. The Xbox One X also returned to launching on a Tuesday, and Microsoft has stuck with Tuesday launches with many of their recent games, even as Friday launches become increasingly popular. Sony on the 20th and Microsoft on the 24th has been my prediction for a while now.

The 5th/6th would make sense if Microsoft was trying to get the drop on Sony by launching earlier (I can't see either company launching on Friday the 13th) but I sort of doubt that we'd see the earliest Xbox console release in the year of covid-19. But the One X launched fairly early in the month, so who knows.

(Also, the first Xbox launched on the 15th.)

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
The intro to that video gave me a headache. Could do without that clickity clickity crap he did. Wished he actually commented on how the controller feels compared to the current ones.

Controller looks really nice though.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I would just think that means the controller releases on the 5th/6th
I could still see the console releasing a week or even more later

Also what the fuck is the intro to that video?
Im not watching that