• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The rumours appear to have stemmed from Twitter user Idle Sloth, who shared an off-screen image showing the alleged Series V between the Series X and Xbox Series S console. Idle Sloth states that the Series V would fit between the S and X in terms of power. The attached image also suggests that the V would be all-digital, as there's no sign of the disk drive that accounts for some of the Series X's significant bulk.
While the Series X and Series S were known within Microsoft as Anaconda and Lockhart, back in July a third codename, Edinburgh, showed up in the Xbox One's operating system. There's no official word on what Edinburgh might refer to at the moment, but the two potential frontrunners are a more powerful all-digital console and something pertaining to cloud service Project xCloud.
www.gamesradar.com

Xbox Series V is a rumoured all-digital Series X

Xbox Series V rumours could explain Xbox Edinburgh codename

Personally, I think it's bs but worth discussing considering the Edinburgh codename is still out there.

Leak my SKU if old.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, imagine them having prices points at $299, $399, and $499.

I say fake though. I think Edinburgh will be a $99-$149 xCloud box. "Series C".

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
That image is fake. Jez Corden and Klobrille debunked this. Can't believe they ran a GamesRadar article about this.

Xbox "Edinburgh" is supposed to be an xCloud Series X server blade. Not for sale.

Oct 30, 2017
limes_guy.jpg

someone should replace the limes with Xbox models

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I want off of this ride.

Oh good Lord it never ends.

(please mods this is just a joke (mostly) i am not driveby posting I promise)

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
If that is true then developers will have to develop for 4 different spec consoles! Multi-platforms will be a nightmare to make then

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
V has come to.

I first heard of this earlier, and from a quick google people seem pretty confident that is it for Xbox Game Streaming (should of stuck with X-Cloud)

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt and that would be so confusing from a marketing and brand perspective. It would also highlight the S model's weaknesses if this was priced in between models imo

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I thought it was confirmed that this is a server blade for X cloud...

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
If it were true, I'd like to know what drugs Phil Spencer is on, sounds like a bad trip I need to avoid.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's fake. Look at the controller shadow.

Also, Edinburgh is rumored to be the xCloud variant of the XSX SoC since the servers wouldn't need the split mobo design.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
I wonder what types of "concern" this would bring to Era.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to have been pretty soundly debunked. It's right to tag it as a rumour, but it seems like a rumour that doesn't hold much weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.