• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Triggers are textured, bumpers more pronounced, underside where the batteries go on the one controller is more streamlined for better ergonomics. Added share button, 8way dpad. Controller is slightly smaller than a one controller.

Never used a share button, is there a way to take screenshots/vid via longpress etc?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
While I have always been pretty set on getting PS5 instead of the next Xbox (at least for the first year or two of their lifecycles), I really like the things I'm seeing and hearing from this. And Game Pass is great, of course. Honestly, as we get closer, and as we see some more from MS Game Studios, it wouldn't be that crazy for me to end up going with Xbox Series X instead. Well see. More up in the air for me than it was a day ago. Really looking forward to Sony's reveal.

It might be late at night, but why isn't it a square from an overhead view?

In the image they provided, it's very clearly a square from an overhead view.
Because the overhead dimensions are 12x6.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It might be late at night, but why isn't it a square from an overhead view?

In the image they provided, it's very clearly a square from an overhead view.
It is being oriented the same with all the other consoles. You don't see the top of the others while standing vertical

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is Series X the actual name, or is that the name of the line and the first console will be called something derived from that?

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People saying we need unique looking consoles again... am I the only one who thinks consoles ARE unique? They go for the same form factor but each playstation, xbox and nintendo line is pretty damn easy to tell.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
The codenames never stick but 'Xbox Scarlett' sounded really nice. Feels like their naming team is trolling, never thought you could out-stupid 'Xbox One' but Xbox One X to Xbox Series X did it.

Xbox itself was the codename of the 1st one. That worked out fine.

Every one since, they've dug deeper into the stupid barrel each time for their names.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Weeeeelll it's a box alright, there's no lie there. I want the cardboard color edition , so i can happily slap a fedex sticker on it just for the laugh xD

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's the most inoffensive console design ever and some ppl acting like it's the worst thing

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the name, it's much better than Xbox One. The look of the system will take a bit of getting use to but we'll see.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
4x as powerful as the XB1X, huh? That's some beast alright. It's quite a monolith, though. Do we have dimensions? Trying to figure out if it fits into my media Center without too much trouble.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
4x as powerful as the XB1X, huh? That's some beast alright. It's quite a monolith, though. Do we have dimensions? Trying to figure out if it fits into my media Center without too much trouble.
Here is a handy size comparison assuming the dimensions in OP are accurate.:

TCEvr5f.jpg

WEmf6Jk.jpg
VUsFNPu.jpg

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
So both the name and design are underwhelming. Let's see what E3 brings, and I'm praying the PS5 doesn't look as terrible. I think it might, though

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like how it looks. I'm thinking I might actually put it on top of the TV unit rather than hidden in it.

I wonder if my current XB1X and XB1S consoles can stream from it in other rooms?