• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Could they just be referring to fastest and most powerful Xbox ?Especially if lockheart is another in this series.
I am pretty sure they are referring to it as the most powerful Xbox console. Not as in the most powerful console ever. Because otherwise, how they would know they beat Sony? they haven't released any of the specs yet.

Hey I don't make the news I just deliver it >.>

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Where the hell do I put it? (that area on left is where Apple TV usually is) - I was saving that section in the bottom for it :( What an awful design.

Yuk8fzT.jpg

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible name, how many kids will be receiving an Xbox One X next Christmas since their parents will have no clue it's a different thing.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Where the hell do I put it? (that area on left is where Apple TV usually is) - I was saving that section in the bottom for it :( What an awful design.

Yuk8fzT.jpg
At least your TV is mounted high enough above the tv stand that you can just set it there on the left and it should just barely be under the TV. For anyone that doesn't have their TV mounted on the wall and is using the stand, they are in a bad spot. Most consoles fit just fine underneath, but this one... yeah. definitely won't fit.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Yuk8fzT.jpg

It can go horizontal. Will easily fit in the bottom where the PS4 Pro is or on top next to the Switch or something. It's only as tall as an Xbox controller on it's side.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It bugs me to no end that there's a share button now after just buying the series 2 controller lol

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yuk8fzT.jpg

You have a bunch of random shit already sitting on top of the entertainment center. You put it next to that. You know, like you did the Switch dock.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrible name, but Xbox One was a terrible name, Xbox 360 was a terrible name, and Xbox was kind of a terrible name. It'll be fine.

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
The name is pretty terrible, but "Series" makes it pretty clear this isn't just a single console.

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to wait before giving some knee jerk reaction to the name, so I did.

Wow, that name is just not good. You are going to have the Series X, the One X, I mean, I don't get it. The name just isn't growing on me and I immediately chuckled when they said it.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
It's simply to make it easy like iPhones or Samsungs. The XL or the XD or the X2 or whatever for the different SKUs and upgrades. It avoids the name to rebrand...ever if they don't wanna. Generations are over.

just like no one says the One part now. It's just the X or the S. We are already using the naming conventions.