• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
At last, Xbox is also saying that the situation on Backward compatibility is the same as the PS5 one, needs test and could see some games being unable to work.

While they actually confirmed "thousand of games being playable at launch", note they talk among all Xbox Classic / Xbox 360 and Xbox One games, but they are not confirming that all Xox One Games will be playable at launch.

In fact, the two console are in the same situation on this point, and it's just logical if you calm down and think about it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats common sense - final hardware hasnt been available for too long and they have to go through thousands of games.
Weird to see people acting up about Sony claims considering how big the PS4 libary is and how much resources + time they will need to give a final report on the state of BC.

Sonys initial statement was probably a bit too honest - they could have just claimed that they are targeting full BC by the time the PS5 launches, which is what they are working towards - same as MS.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
*sigh* Yay, another thread. The difference is that Microsoft said "thousands of games will be playable at launch" while Sony said "4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5". Microsoft gave a timeframe, while Sony didn't. No one doubted that the majority of PS4 titles would be on PS5 eventually, they wanted to know the amount Sony was aiming to have at launch, which Sony still hasn't address.

OP
OP
Phoenix15

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
*sigh* Yay, another thread. The difference is that Microsoft said "thousands of games will be playable at launch" while Sony said "4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5". Microsoft gave a timeframe, while Sony didn't. No one doubted that the majority of PS4 titles would be on PS5 eventually, they wanted to know the amount Sony was aiming to have at launch, which Sony still hasn't address.

The formulation is better, but in fact, the problematic is exactelly the same.

Cause they saif "thousand of games" including the 3 generations. That not implies all Xbox One Games at launch. So, it's the same with PS5 ans PS4 games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
God damn MS and having to test things! What the hell is going on over there???? /s

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019

Cause they saif "thousand of games" including the 3 generations. That not implies all Xbox One Games at launch. So, it's the same with PS5 ans PS4 games.
Well there are only around 450 Xbox/XB360 games that are BC. So the "thousands" are going to be XB1 games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

The 360 and OG Xbox games are total of arround 500 games. They are a portion. But not the biggest portion.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still looking for that gotcha right? Now show me where 1000s of games at launch is guaranteed from Sony.

Until we get 1000s of games promised at launch from Sony, it's not the same, Sony haven't committed to any number for launch. The idea of validating as a process can be considered similar, but the shape of launch day BC, at the moment, is nowhere near Xbox.

Last edited:

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia

Again though, Xbox is committed to "thousands" of games "by launch", Sony has made no such reassurance, just they they "are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch". While I do think there will definitely be more than 100 BC PS4 titles on PS5, right now they haven't said that they plan to have "thousands" like Xbox.

My point is that Microsoft gave us a very large, very vague number that will be there at launch while Sony only gave us a very large number but did not mention that the number was their goal for launch or even what number their goal was for launch.

EDIT: Also, as other users have already pointed out, past generations of Xbox Game make up a small number of playable Xbox One games.

OP
OP
Phoenix15

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Well there are only around 450 Xbox/XB360 games that are BC. So the "thousands" are going to be XB1 games.
The 360 and OG Xbox games are total of arround 500 games. They are a portion. But not the biggest portion.

Yes but if there is actually 4000 games also one Xbox One + classic and 360, so in absolute, "thousands" could means 2000 with like 400 of classic/360.

There is no more guarantee if you want to dig in.

I mean, i have no doubt that the extreme majority of games will be playable, on BOTH consoles, but at the moment, the situation is the same for both. So there is no need to argue about one and no on the other.

Again though, Xbox is committed to "thousands" of games "by launch", Sony has made no such reassurance, just they they "are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch". While I do think there will definitely be more than 100 BC PS4 titles on PS5, right now they haven't said that they plan to have "thousands" like Xbox.

My point is that Microsoft gave us a very large, very vague number that will be there at launch while Sony only gave us a very large number but did not mention that the number was their goal for launch or even what number their goal was for launch.

If they test thousand towars launch, it's to provide thousand games at launch. Simple logic.

Last edited:

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018
I'm still confused about this. I was reassured after the previous thread, but now the "thousands will be playable" thing comes up again... is XOne compatibility native (as per the DF analysis/xbox tweets if i recall correctly) or not? Just let me sell the damn X1X, lol

OP
OP
Phoenix15

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
And while i'm accused to be Sony fanboy cause I provide the info ?

I don't see anyone accuse the people providing the info for Sony being accused to be Xbox fanboys telling bad thing on Sony to put bad buzz on it...

I'm still confused about this. I was reassured after the previous thread, but now the "thousands will be playable" thing comes up again... is XOne compatibility native (as per the DF analysis) or not? Just let me sell the damn X1X, lol

It's like PS5, it's native BC but the difference of power could cause some problems for some games.

Remember, a number of PS1 games doesn't work on PS2 for exemple. Or PS2 and PS1 games on BC PS3s... They are not very popular games, some only available on countries like Brasil or what. But they don't work.

Feb 26, 2018
And while i'm accused to be Sony fanboy cause I provide the info ?

I don't see anyone accuse the people providing the info for Sony being accused to be Xbox fanboys telling bad thing on Sony to put bad buzz on it...
I mean look at the post history of those folks. You will know for sure why they act concerned in a threads about one consoles and defensive in others

But yeah its obvious both consoles would need testing with BC.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but there is actually 4000 games also one Xbox One + classic and 360, so in absolute, "thousands" could means 2000 with like 400 of classic/360.
Where are you getting the 4000 number from?

There are 2400 Xbox One games in total. Adding in the 600 already BC-enabled OG/360 games makes it a total of 3000 possible BC enabled games on Series X.

Status
Not open for further replies.