• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
As a matter of fact, this entire toxic Xbox One community in Spain -they are well known for continuously harass people in social media as a public group- is pretty much composed of +30/40 adults.
giphy.gif

30+ behaving like this means you're trash imo

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
People who only own one thing want to feel like they made the right purchase (or got the right gift) so they get tribalistic over it. Unfortunately for a lot of these people it's not enough to simply enjoy what you have, but they also need to know that the other options actually suck. They can't possibly be missing out. It's sad and happens a lot in other non gaming communities too. Just look at smart phone fanboys.
So do you think toxic fanboys are just people who are salty they can't afford all the systems, and would gladly own them all given the choice? That makes a lot of sense.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
This is going to sound really harsh, but you're not even remotely important enough for someone to do that. You're not the target of some great online character assassination. You're just some random person on the internet who talks about video games. I hope you don't expect anyone to believe this ridiculous excuse. You got embarrassed for some dumb tweets you made. Just eat your crow and move on. Good on the mods for removing the other examples though. No need to dog pile.
I could say the same about you. The account is not mine and I will not argue about that anymore with you guys who come from nowhere and started this bs. I will say again you guys started that i don't have any war or ban on this forum i never have been rude to anyone here or started any console war. So just stop.

I play all consoles and PC so it doesn't matter for me. One guy was accusing me of be harsh of xbox performance what is lie.

I don't want continue with that if you or any other guy keep going on with that I will report you guys.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think toxic fanboys are just people who are salty they can't afford all the systems, and would gladly own them all given the choice? That makes a lot of sense.

I very much doubt it. Yes, people are jaelous over others owning nice things, but the absolute minority is being a toxic idiot about it. From my personal experience, I can say that these toxic (and well known) fanboys could easily afford any console/platform they want, but they chose not to, because of ridiculous reasons like loyalty and etc.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I must have missed part of the earlier conversation, in no way did I intend to equate the two. I was just saying there are crazy phone fanboys too.
My point is that you'll find crazy fanboys everywhere BUT only in gaming do you see a hate movement spring up and spread to the whole of the community in a matter of weeks.
Like seriously have you seen the stupid war between DC and Marvel fans about the movies?
It's goddamn stupider than xbox/ps/nintendo but at least when someone makes talks about how it wouldn't be shit to make more inclusive products you don't have morons sending bomb threats => "fuck gamers" is much more justifiable than "fuck people with a cellphone"
also fuck people with cellphones in movie theatres

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta be a huge loser if you think a valuable use of your time is harassing people for playing a game on a different platform.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol these basement dwelling gAm0rz have literally no other meaning or purpose in their sad little incel lives apart from their hivemind brand loyalty.

Literal human trash. So happy my job isn't in the gaming industry, I couldn't deal with these manchildren

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
No. There is no community. Let's stop pretending that all gamers are united when the only thing that ties us together is that we play video games. Which are vastly different.
There is no book reader community.
There is no movie community.
There are multiple communities who simply share ties.
It bugs me when people on ERA post "fuck gamers" and similar posts when some guy who plays video games does something dumb.
He ain't representative of all people who play video games.

To me a gamer is just a convenient way to refer to a video game player. It's not an identity. There is no community. Fuck the assholes.

truth!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As a matter of fact, this entire toxic Xbox One community in Spain -they are well known for continuously harass people in social media as a public group- is pretty much composed of +30/40 adults.

That's not the Xbox One community, is the overall gaming community in Spain. It's toxic as fuck.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
Fanboyism is just ridiculous.
How can you dedicate yourself to a fucking company and legitimately worship it. Damn.

It's getting scary, downright scary. I'll admit I'm extremely pro Nintendo but I'll never understand why folks go to these lengths! A lot of these warriors....have built their entire identities around these companies and their pieces of plastic so much that this is all they've got. They're already struggling to find where they fit in and who they are so they cling to these companies for that. To them, this "war" is very real and very serious business. They're literally soldiers battling for their company of choice. It gives them purpose and satisfaction. And that...is truly frightening. These are the folks I truly worry for because at SOME point they're going to snap out of this..they're gonna be in their 50s suddenly wondering "What the hell have I been doing with my life the last 20 to 30 years!?" The problem is they can't get those years back. I dont understand what worthwhile or beneficial outcome they think they'll get out of this. It's not worth it.

I saw something earlier this year, in real life at a store that illustrates how far out of hand this console warring has gotten. I thought this crap was limited to online but I was wrong...I was in a Wal Mart near me looking through the electronics section and this guy, a grown ass man comes in informing the sales guy he explicitly wants a PS4. In a non biased way, she asks him what kind of games in general he likes and he tells her each genre foloowed by but only on Sony consoles nothing else. She takes him over to the Switch kiosk and just shows him all of Nintendo's latest first party games and about the switch itself plus all the different ways he can play it. She encourages him to try the demo kiosk....I shit you not he totally loses it at this point....slaps and then punches the TV screen HARD and tells the girl very loudly "You've gotta be fucking kidding me if you think I'll seriously consider this for even a moment!! Still nothing but the same tired Mario and Zelda from them!? No, fuck Nintendo! We asked them to grow with us, make new games, more mature ganes and competent online! They didn't listen so fuck them!" She hands him the Switch box just so he could look at it, he throws it on the ground. At this point the sales girl is visibly shaken, just shaking her head at this. Takes him to the Xbox kiosk just showing him the unique stuff they have and he flew off the handle again. Finally she takes him to the PS4 kiosk and he yels "Took you long enough! This is exactly what i want, ring me up a PS4. P...S....4!! I don't know what part of this you can't understand. Sony is king and always wins baby! The PlayStation nation will always stand tall with Sony!" She rings him up and he leaves yelling long live Sony, etc. Bless that poor sales girl, I don't know how she did it!! Once again, grown ass man acting like this.

The three heads congratulate each other, are fans of each other's products and encourage gamers to do the same. Why can't they? Is it really too much to ask and expect??

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
informing the sales guy he explicitly wants a PS4. In a non biased way, she asks him what kind of games in general he likes and he tells her each genre foloowed by but only on Sony consoles nothing else. She takes him over to the Switch kiosk

Kinda off topic but why would a salesperson insist on showing off another brand when the customer was clear on what they wanted? Not excusing the customers' rude behaviour as that's not acceptable, but the salesperson herself sounds like they had their own personal bias and agenda when they should have instead just shown the customer what they asked for.

I experienced something like this myself recently. I was chasing a new PS4 Pro (to go with my 1X) and the salesperson I was dealing with was only interested in telling me how high the fault return rate was for the PS4 consoles and how much better the Xbox hardware was, and how apparently most of their customers were returning the PS4's and swapping to Xbox consoles instead. I was just shaking my head thinking nobody asked for your fanboy opinion bud, just sell me what I asked for.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Since you are from Spain, I have to assume that you either are actually a Sony Fanboy or completely blind. Spain is a country where the animosity against Xbox is incredible, you only have to visit any gaming site to see it, from Anait to Meristatio. In Nivel Oculto, a respected site, until not long ago, every time they talked about a game releasing in consoles they'd say something like "releasing on PS4, PC, Switch and Juan". Literally. Any gaming forum from Spain is hell if you like anything Xbox related.

When I referred to Sony fanboys being the majority, by the way, I was comparing them with the total of fanboys, not with gaming users in general. I thought it was obvious.
So your conclusion, because i think different than you, is that i am a fanboy or blind. Aha. Interesting behavior.

I'll tell you something, maybe the biggest Spanish forum besides forocoches is probably EOL, a videogame forum that started with hacking consoles as its initial goal. Then it evolved and became a big gaming forum. And that one had a really active and aggressive XB community unless things have changed a lot. And certainly not smaller than the Sony fanbase. They also kinda joined forces with the Nintendo fans vs PS ones , especially last gen, for console wars.
The are other forums, maybe meristation is big enough, that was more Sony biased, but the Spanish online gaming community sure doesn't reflect the huge gap in sales that Sony has over MS
In fact Spain doesn't 'hate' MS, it basically ignores it. And both Sony and Nintendo have managed to gain customer fidelity.

Of course you'll find Sony Fanboys, and also other people that are just assholes and whatever they own is the best, be it a PlayStation an iPhone or an Audi A4.
But that's it. And justifying those tweets because a few xbox fans feel offended by a few Sony Fanboys is ridiculous

May 8, 2018
It's getting scary, downright scary. I'll admit I'm extremely pro Nintendo but I'll never understand why folks go to these lengths! A lot of these warriors....have built their entire identities around these companies and their pieces of plastic so much that this is all they've got. They're already struggling to find where they fit in and who they are so they cling to these companies for that. To them, this "war" is very real and very serious business. They're literally soldiers battling for their company of choice. It gives them purpose and satisfaction. And that...is truly frightening. These are the folks I truly worry for because at SOME point they're going to snap out of this..they're gonna be in their 50s suddenly wondering "What the hell have I been doing with my life the last 20 to 30 years!?" The problem is they can't get those years back. I dont understand what worthwhile or beneficial outcome they think they'll get out of this. It's not worth it.

I saw something earlier this year, in real life at a store that illustrates how far out of hand this console warring has gotten. I thought this crap was limited to online but I was wrong...I was in a Wal Mart near me looking through the electronics section and this guy, a grown ass man comes in informing the sales guy he explicitly wants a PS4. In a non biased way, she asks him what kind of games in general he likes and he tells her each genre foloowed by but only on Sony consoles nothing else. She takes him over to the Switch kiosk and just shows him all of Nintendo's latest first party games and about the switch itself plus all the different ways he can play it. She encourages him to try the demo kiosk....I shit you not he totally loses it at this point....slaps and then punches the TV screen HARD and tells the girl very loudly "You've gotta be fucking kidding me if you think I'll seriously consider this for even a moment!! Still nothing but the same tired Mario and Zelda from them!? No, fuck Nintendo! We asked them to grow with us, make new games, more mature ganes and competent online! They didn't listen so fuck them!" She hands him the Switch box just so he could look at it, he throws it on the ground. At this point the sales girl is visibly shaken, just shaking her head at this. Takes him to the Xbox kiosk just showing him the unique stuff they have and he flew off the handle again. Finally she takes him to the PS4 kiosk and he yels "Took you long enough! This is exactly what i want, ring me up a PS4. P...S....4!! I don't know what part of this you can't understand. Sony is king and always wins baby! The PlayStation nation will always stand tall with Sony!" She rings him up and he leaves yelling long live Sony, etc. Bless that poor sales girl, I don't know how she did it!! Once again, grown ass man acting like this.

The three heads congratulate each other, are fans of each other's products and encourage gamers to do the same. Why can't they? Is it really too much to ask and expect??

Sadly having worked retail in my youth I 100 percent believe this. Even back in the late 90's early 2000s people like this exsisted.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
I'll take people being devoted to gaming consoles over other types of fanaticism. Console wars don't usually involve death or serious bodily injury.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
So your conclusion, because i think different than you, is that i am a fanboy or blind. Aha. Interesting behavior.

I'll tell you something, maybe the biggest Spanish forum besides forocoches is probably EOL, a videogame forum that started with hacking consoles as its initial goal. Then it evolved and became a big gaming forum. And that one had a really active and aggressive XB community unless things have changed a lot. And certainly not smaller than the Sony fanbase. They also kinda joined forces with the Nintendo fans vs PS ones , especially last gen, for console wars.
The are other forums, maybe meristation is big enough, that was more Sony biased, but the Spanish online gaming community sure doesn't reflect the huge gap in sales that Sony has over MS
In fact Spain doesn't 'hate' MS, it basically ignores it. And both Sony and Nintendo have managed to gain customer fidelity.

Of course you'll find Sony Fanboys, and also other people that are just assholes and whatever they own is the best, be it a PlayStation an iPhone or an Audi A4.
But that's it. And justifying those tweets because a few xbox fans feel offended by a few Sony Fanboys is ridiculous
The fact that you say that I justified those tweets speaks volumes about how far from the truth your perception is.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Since you are from Spain, I have to assume that you either are actually a Sony Fanboy or completely blind. Spain is a country where the animosity against Xbox is incredible, you only have to visit any gaming site to see it, from Anait to Meristatio. In Nivel Oculto, a respected site, until not long ago, every time they talked about a game releasing in consoles they'd say something like "releasing on PS4, PC, Switch and Juan". Literally. Any gaming forum from Spain is hell if you like anything Xbox related.

When I referred to Sony fanboys being the majority, by the way, I was comparing them with the total of fanboys, not with gaming users in general. I thought it was obvious.
This is a huge problem in spanish communities too. Some people truly believe there's a conspiracy from the press against Xbox.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
After having played both console versions of Overwatch, I can see why someone would opt for the PS over Xbox (latter has a smaller playerbase)... doesn't clearly say what happened in the OP, the community manager closed their account after the harassment? What was the final outcome of everything?
No. There is no community. Let's stop pretending that all gamers are united when the only thing that ties us together is that we play video games. Which are vastly different.
There is no book reader community.
There is no movie community.
There are multiple communities who simply share ties.
It bugs me when people on ERA post "fuck gamers" and similar posts when some guy who plays video games does something dumb.
He ain't representative of all people who play video games.

To me a gamer is just a convenient way to refer to a video game player. It's not an identity. There is no community. Fuck the assholes.
This.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
The fact that you say that I justified those tweets speaks volumes about how far from the truth your perception is.
Well in one of your first posts here you kinda justify the tweets because you say xbox fans are harassed or something in Spain. That is just untrue. It happens, of course, both ways (including Nintendo fans, PC fans..). And all of your posts in this thread are about how bad Xbox fans life is in Spain, and because of that they are aggressive, not because they are assholes or Fanboys (the ones with that attitude), just like are the Sony or Nintendo ones. So yes, that is my perception, v and obviously helps that you called me blind or sony fanboy

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I mean, not all the press, but people like Juan Puig from Eurogamer or Marta Triviño from Anait are clearly biased.
Just like that guy that posted that 'review of PlayStation in 2018' in kotaku is biased. Can we agree then by your metric that English language videogame journalists and sites in the world are against Sony?