• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The guy that tried to shame Ybarra.
So the harasser trash. The worst thing is that he's still defending that he did on twitter, with shit like "can't I give muh opinion?????". He completely denies having harassed her, when spying and "uncovering" the stuff that she does in her personal account is the very definition of harassment or, at the very least, stalking.

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017
In the two tweets of the screenshots one says that he will stop to follow the Xbox account, and the other says that he will stop following the personal account of the CM. You can say that attitude is stupid, but considering that harassment... I don't know.
HOW DARE SHE PROMOTE THE ENEMY! FIRE HER!!!!!!!!! RUIN HER!!!!!!!

Yeah I know after you said in all seriousness but this has nothing to do with gender so why go there? Just look at the Ybarra stuff for similar stuff to males.

Anyway on topic this is absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand console warriors.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ahh yes the good old Spain Xbox community once again harassing people.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Most gamers are cool, but my god there are some emotionally stunted morons out there. Just wait till the generation raised by the Youtube algorithum reach 'maturity'. Game over, man.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Fanboyism is just ridiculous.
How can you dedicate yourself to a fucking company and legitimately worship it. Damn.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. There is no community. Let's stop pretending that all gamers are united when the only thing that ties us together is that we play video games. Which are vastly different.
There is no book reader community.
There is no movie community.
There are multiple communities who simply share ties.
It bugs me when people on ERA post "fuck gamers" and similar posts when some guy who plays video games does something dumb.
He ain't representative of all people who play video games.

To me a gamer is just a convenient way to refer to a video game player. It's not an identity. There is no community. Fuck the assholes.
I like this better.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
It seems that people had a grudge on her for a while, some idiots are trying to expose her as a Xbox hater to Phil. Wtf is wrong with this people?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
In the two tweets of the screenshots one says that he will stop to follow the Xbox account, and the other says that he will stop following the personal account of the CM. You can say that attitude is stupid, but considering that harassment... I don't know.
It IS harassment. Unfollowing her because of whatever reason is fine, attempting to shame her in public, risking her job (not because of her actions, she did nothing wrong, but because of the rage he created on purpose among the community), and eventually leading to her having to leave twitter is the very definition of harassment. And witch hunting.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
HJxYt0Z.jpg

THE ENEMY AT HOME.
GAMERS RISE UP.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of the old Windows Phone days when MS employees were using iPhones. Lol

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Ah another woman harassed of Twitter, another thread were several people pretend that "iTs NoT jUsT gAmErS," because it's too hard to admit to themselves that gaming culture has a unique problem with toxicity and hostility.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
MOD EDIT: Removed Offsite Content

Reminds me of how this thread went. "WHY DO YOU HAVE AN XBOX CORY"

Last edited by a moderator:

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell fanboys are a bunch of assholes, they should just take their GT's from their profiles and ban them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's pretty ridiculous how much people still lean into the system wars. Brand loyalty has always existed but to attack people over it is a step to far. Anyone harassing someone should have their accounts banned.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. There is no community. Let's stop pretending that all gamers are united when the only thing that ties us together is that we play video games. Which are vastly different.
There is no book reader community.
There is no movie community.
There are multiple communities who simply share ties.
It bugs me when people on ERA post "fuck gamers" and similar posts when some guy who plays video games does something dumb.
He ain't representative of all people who play video games.

To me a gamer is just a convenient way to refer to a video game player. It's not an identity. There is no community. Fuck the assholes.
Didn't even take 2 pages to see deflection. Especially since one of the tweets in the OP trying to shame Mike Ybarra is a member of this community.

I'm just wondering how long it will take before anyone is willing to actually talk about the problems in gaming communities without this kind of deflection.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
The console wars in spain is more intense, I've seen things you'd never imagine.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I could understand it as a PR flub (and still absolutely not worthy of harassment) if it was on the community account, like those times people paid to promote Samsung products post from their iPhone but to track down her personal twitter account and using this non-event as some sort of gotcha is next level pathetic. There's zero self-awareness required to even think about going that far.

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ridiculous stuff. but i also believe you can have a favorite gaming company, without feeling the need to be an asshole to the competition or whatever

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I don't know what's sadder, people saying she should've known better or people outing weirdo Twitter accounts actually belonging to people who post here

Gamers are despicable

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
What a bunch of morons, really embarrassing for all us.

Don't many ppl own at least 2 platforms nowadays?

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Didn't even take 2 pages to see deflection. Especially since one of the tweets in the OP trying to shame Mike Ybarra is a member of this community.

I'm just wondering how long it will take before anyone is willing to actually talk about the problems in gaming communities without this kind of deflection.

This isn't deflection.

I'm not saying we shouldn't question the people in our communities.
We should. I'm just tired of the myth that gamers are part of a single community when we're not.

We should talk about harassment in our communities. We should talk about how culture and art affects us.
There still is no unified gamer culture.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The Spanish Xbox community sucks big time. Every time I've interacted with them it has been awful.
It's not the whole community, I'm in some of them and most don't act like this. The problem is the kind of people that follow channels like Saselandia, those are the real scum of the community.

Well,wasn't Phil Spencer congratulating Sony with God of War etc? Did they harass him too?
Yeah actually.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I can understand kids doing it, but the sad reality is most of these people are probably in their 30s with kids.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking disgusting, if you think like this you got issues, plain and simple. Sad to see that they a few are members here.