• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised sadly, just take a look on popular spanish gaming forums to see how toxig gaming culture is here.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
HJxYt0Z.jpg

THE ENEMY AT HOME.
GAMERS RISE UP.

How do none of these fellas have a tailor. Damn son, they look like they are wearing their dad's clothes.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
All of the experiences with the Xbox community from spanish are the worst and i don't understand the pattern why such loyalty to that brand specially over here where is more of a Sony and Nintendo country.
Well, because of that, actually. Xbox fans are constantly told how wrong they are choosing their console, how the games they like are trash. They become defensive and, sometimes, aggressive.

And while this incident is disgusting, the hate and disrespect that you encounter in Spain if you like Xbox and, often, Nintendo too, from Sony fans (whom are the vast majority) is incredible. Like, it´s not WWIII, but it really sucks.

I believe the more parity between brands, the less toxicity. And few countries experience levels of disparity in console sales and popularity comparable to Spain´s).

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I swear this is the main reason of why I don't have any "gaming friends", they're all scummy assholes defending a FUCKING BRAND and I bet most of them hate women, black and LGBT people just to fill out the "gamer" check marks.

Just fucking why, man?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear this is the main reason of why I don't have any "gaming friends", they're all scummy assholes defending a FUCKING BRAND and I bet most of them hate women, black and LGBT people just to fill out the "gamer" check marks.

Just fucking why, man?

Most of my online friends I chat and play with on a regular basis are very progressive folks, not perfect mind you, but we are pro women, pro minority rights, and pro LGBT. If anyone in the group pulled this shit we would not tolerate it.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Well, because of that, actually. Xbox fans are constantly told how wrong they are choosing their console, how the games they like are trash. They become defensive and, sometimes, aggressive.

And while this incident is disgusting, the hate and disrespect that you encounter in Spain if you like Xbox and, often, Nintendo too, from Sony fans (whom are the vast majority) is incredible. Like, it´s not WWIII, but it really sucks.

I believe the more parity between brands, the less toxicity. And few countries experience levels of disparity in console sales and popularity comparable to Spain´s).
Such a false statement. In fact the most part of people that buy consoles, especially the most popular ones like PlayStation or Nintendo in Spain are just like the rest of the world: casuals and people that don't post in forums and don't belong to console wars. If i was to point someone it would be the vocal minorities that feel they are right and the rest of world wrong.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
This looks some Sasel-level BS.

Otro mal día para los videojocs en la península.
Cómo me enferma ese idiota anormal.

Most of my online friends I chat and play with on a regular basis are very progressive folks, not perfect mind you, but we are pro women, pro minority rights, and pro LGBT. If anyone in the group pulled this shit we would not tolerate it.
Shit, I might have snapped way too quickly but it just gets tiring man, I have been trying to find common ground with other players in my region (Mexico) but they're mostly horrible people and I end up going back to my solo games. I'm glad you're in a safe group though, keep up doing what's right: respecting other people.

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time having a good outlook on Spaniards, the most racist abuse and insults I have received in my life have come from people of that country. Either in the actual real world or online, it never ends up well for neither of us.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cómo me enferma ese idiota anormal.

Shit, I might have snapped way too quickly but it just gets tiring man, I have been trying to find common ground with other players in my region (Mexico) but they're mostly horrible people and I end up going back to my solo games. I'm glad you're in a safe group though, keep up doing what's right: respecting other people.

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time having a good outlook on Spaniards, the most racist abuse and insults I have received in my life have come from people of that country. Either in the actual real world or online, it never ends up well for neither of us.

It's understandable, myself I've felt pressure at times to just shut myself out simply due to far right attitudes taking over politically here in Ontario. Shit is just emotionally and mentally draining.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A reminder that a lot for these people with similar views post here/GAF. A lot of familiar names pop up on twitter posts.

Don't blame the Spanish gamers, a lot of others share the same sentiment.

Us gamers huh?

What is a "gamer" nowadays? Does a regular consumer constitute as being a gamer or does one need to be completely immersed into the hobby to the exclusion of all others?

As prolific a writer as Roger Ebert was in life, I would assume (and hope) that he was more than the mere sum of his parts.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Such a false statement. In fact the most part of people that buy consoles, especially the most popular ones like PlayStation or Nintendo in Spain are just like the rest of the world: casuals and people that don't post in forums and don't belong to console wars. If i was to point someone it would be the vocal minorities that feel they are right and the rest of world wrong.
Since you are from Spain, I have to assume that you either are actually a Sony Fanboy or completely blind. Spain is a country where the animosity against Xbox is incredible, you only have to visit any gaming site to see it, from Anait to Meristatio. In Nivel Oculto, a respected site, until not long ago, every time they talked about a game releasing in consoles they'd say something like "releasing on PS4, PC, Switch and Juan". Literally. Any gaming forum from Spain is hell if you like anything Xbox related.

When I referred to Sony fanboys being the majority, by the way, I was comparing them with the total of fanboys, not with gaming users in general. I thought it was obvious.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
The gaming community still has a long way to go to end the this toxic nonsense.

Last edited:

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017

Can confirm!

And no, by no means I agree with that shitty behaviour.

Basically when you say you own an Xbox here you are always told "lol Wow you must be the only one in the entire country" always followed by "no gaems!!"

The Xbox community in Spain is small and very, very hostile. Glad to see some people from that same community are standing against this disgusting reaction.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Since you are from Spain, I have to assume that you either are actually a Sony Fanboy or completely blind. Spain is a country where the animosity against Xbox is incredible, you only have to visit any gaming site to see it, from Anait to Meristatio. In Nivel Oculto, a respected site, until not long ago, every time they talked about a game releasing in consoles they'd say something like "releasing on PS4, PC, Switch and Juan". Literally. Any gaming forum from Spain is hell if you like anything Xbox related.

When I referred to Sony fanboys being the majority, by the way, I was comparing them with the total of fanboys, not with gaming users in general. I thought it was obvious.

Why all the animosity toward Xbox? Granted, they're first party games aren't as up to speed as Sony's, but I enjoy Halo and Gears of War whenever a new game releases. Does it stem from jealousy of not owning a particular system? If so, very odd. I never resented SNK because I couldn't afford Neo Geo back in the day. Still couldn't afford it if it were a thing today.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
This is bad but you've got to have some compassion for the Spanish Xbox community, all 12 of them. Being an Xbox fan in Spain is like living in the Alamo 24/7, over time it's got to fuck up your head.

XD

Oct 25, 2017
What a bunch of morons, really embarrassing for all us.

Don't many ppl own at least 2 platforms nowadays?
Not really. Current gen makes it even harder to own 2+ platforms because all of them have a subscription fee now. Paying $140 a year to get online play on all platforms is quite a significant expense for something that shouldn't be paid for in the first place.

It's why I hate Xbox, they introduced this bullshit. But note that in my case, "hating Xbox" just means never buying their products. Harassing people on social media is stupid.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Tribalism of all stripes is deplorable and pathetic.

It's just the kind of hooliganism we see with football fans here in the UK.

If you can justify attacking someone, verbally or physically, because they support a team/platform/entity you don't, then you're a fucking deranged lunatic.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What's the ratio breakdown of console owners who have online gaming subscriptions? It just blows my mind the amount that people are willing to pay for online games.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Sadly this is the reality of Spanish forums. Videogame forums are full of fanboys trying to be the most obnoxious one, and then there's forochoces...

I think EOL is a good community (at least the few threads I read there).

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Why all the animosity toward Xbox? Granted, they're first party games aren't as up to speed as Sony's, but I enjoy Halo and Gears of War whenever a new game releases. Does it stem from jealousy of not owning a particular system? If so, very odd. I never resented SNK because I couldn't afford Neo Geo back in the day. Still couldn't afford it if it were a thing today.
Nah, it also happened when 360 had an awesome line up and PS3 hit its lowest. I think a lot of people entered the console market with PlayStation and see Xbox as an impostor and Nintendo as childish. In the end, it's just an attempt to feel superior by bullying other people's choices hoping that'll validate their own. Like sport teams' fans, console fanboys aren't doing anything other than trying to build an identity. They are just terribly toxic a lot of the time. Spain happens to have an over representation of PlayStation, which validates certain behaviors that otherwise wouldn't be socially allowed because they'd bother too many people, similar in a way to the raise of racist behaviors in America after electing Trump or the UK after Brexit won. I'm sure it happens with other platforms in other markets, I just don't have first hand experiences with it.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've been a multi console owner since the 16-bit era, although for me, it happened to be SNES and Genesis. That being said, I never could comprehend the notion of bickering over consoles. It always boiled down to the first party offerings. And for all the horse power that PS4 and XBox One offers, they don't offer anything similar to Breath of the Wild on Switch.

I'm sorry that gamers in Spain are such assholes online. Actually, toxic fandom in gaming is still a relatively new phenomenon for me because I don't play online, as all my gaming purchases are single player games. The only game I've ever played online was Super Streetfighter 2 HD, X-Men from Konami, and Resident Evil 5.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I really cannot believe this happens.. Just doesn't make any sense, it's like we can't celeberate gaming as a whole..

Defending plastic boxes

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting. People making this sound like a Xbox specific issue are funny tho, you can find people like these in every fanbase (and especially in Spain where there is a cult for Sony).

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It has usually been about 50%. Now there's no choice, gotta pay no matter what console you're on.

Yes. But what about people who play single player games vs. people who buy games for their online tournament based game play?

I've lived without cable television, and by proxy, terrestrial tv for nearly a decade now because of how expensive it was. Online subscriptions for playing videogames to me is another money sink hole, especially given how inconsistent my gaming habits are. When I had cable, I was paying nearly $200 a month, and a good portion of that time I wasn't even watching television on a regular basis.

When I buy a game, I factor in whether or not it's single player campaign is worth it, not how engaging its online play purports to be.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The PS4 to Xbox ratio in Spain is around 10:1 more or less. This has two effects: more Sony fanboys, obviously, but MS ones are usually very radical.

In any case this kind of stuff was funny back in the 90s when we were all kids in elementary and made fun of the guy with a Jaguar or 3DO at break time...now it's just ridiculous and embarrassing...but I guess it will never cease to happen since it's the same deal with soccer teams that have a rivalry.

Last edited:

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Sadly this is the reality of Spanish forums. Videogame forums are full of fanboys trying to be the most obnoxious one, and then there's forochoces...

I have abandoned Spanish gaming forums but EOL is the only one that seems good, I always find helpful information there and comments tend not be shitty. I should make and account there.

And don't talk about negative guys like Sasel, I hate that YouTube recommends me his videos with his negative clickbait titles only because I see videogame videos. Or untioblancohetero but that's a different matter.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Used Banned (1 Month): System warring + trolling; accumulated infractions.
typical xbots, the sorest losers.

Oct 27, 2017

This is the reality of every place where there are stupid gamers. It happens in Spain, in Italy, in Uk, in France, all over the world. Resetera is full of them but they are acting smart, concern trolling without being too clear with their intentions because they know they would be quickly banned.

I mean, someone here on Resetera told me seeing the three heads of Xbox, Ps and Nintendo gaming together at VGA was weird, because he felt like they should be acting like some sort of "enemies".

typical xbots, the sorest losers.

This is what i was talking about and unfortunately reading post history it's not sarcasm.

Last edited: