• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
This is the reality of every place where there are stupid gamers.
More than stupid gamers, stupid people.

I don't know how Italian, English etc... game forums are, but my experience with Spanish forums is that they are even worse than the worst English forums. You can go to the comments sections of even the biggest videogame websites here... and there's nothing but trolling and console wars.

Petete

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Platform warring, Account in junior phase
Why all the animosity toward Xbox? Granted, they're first party games aren't as up to speed as Sony's, but I enjoy Halo and Gears of War whenever a new game releases. Does it stem from jealousy of not owning a particular system? If so, very odd. I never resented SNK because I couldn't afford Neo Geo back in the day. Still couldn't afford it if it were a thing today.

It's the opposite. Owning a Xbox One makes you in a freak, a black sheep. How can you waste the money in that piece of junk?

PS and Nintendo are the good guys here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Console wars is a shit thing to partake in to. I mean not only because you'll look immature but you'll miss out on great games on each platform. Why even??

Being harassed is not a big deal? And he should know better? People should act better

Don't say things I haven't said ! Where did I say "bring harassed" is not a big deal ? When I say it's not a big deal, I'm referring to mentioning Sony products, it's not the end of the World. We saw Microsoft praising Breath of the Wild or God of War.

However, as a Community Manager, he should know better than ANYBODY that gamers could be very sensible to those kind of things. So he should know better.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
Don't say things I haven't said ! Where did I say "bring harassed" is not a big deal ? When I say it's not a big deal, I'm referring to mentioning Sony products, it's not the end of the World. We saw Microsoft praising Breath of the Wild or God of War.

However, as a Community Manager, he should know better than ANYBODY that gamers could be very sensible to those kind of things. So he should know better.

First: who is "he"?

Second: no, she should not know better. She should be free to post whatever the hell she wants on her Twitter personal account. Stop the bs victim blaming; "gamers can be sensible"? No, "gamers" can be assholes of the worst kind.

Feb 10, 2018
It wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry. Though whether she was using her personal or official account has no bearing on the matter. It goes beyond that.

I agree, no one should be harassed like this.
But if it were a work account, I'm sure it's not in the job description to post 3rd party games for a competing platform.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Evangelista sure is

There's also this one
hqdefault.jpg

Super Xbox Fans saw that the Titanfall 2 PR person posted a PS4 disc of the game on their social media. The game was being marketed by Xbox at the time and they got this upset
Sorry dude but I don't have a Twitter account. The only social media I have is a Instagram account.

Besides that I play or 3 consoles and I can give you my gamertag, PSN Id and Nintendo id if you want.

I can prove the account is not mine and I don't know if that is a joke but I expect at least apologize.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry dude but I don't have a Twitter account. The only social media I have is a Instagram account.

Besides that I play or 3 consoles and I can give you my gamertag, PSN Id and Nintendo id if you want.

I can prove the account is not mine and I don't know if that is a joke but I expect at least apologize.

I guess you being critical of XB1 performance and its current state put you in the spotlight. I don't even own console yet and still think you come off as anti-xbox sometimes.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
User Banned (1 Day): Off-site sleuthing of other members
MOD EDIT: Removed Offsite Content

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Speaks directly to Shinobi602 in other twitter posts. What apology was you expecting and from who?

The profile pic on both too 😂

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
MOD EDIT: Removed Offsite Content
Imagine being that deluded. Hopefully, it's just unfunny trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
No. There is no community. Let's stop pretending that all gamers are united when the only thing that ties us together is that we play video games. Which are vastly different.
There is no book reader community.
There is no movie community.
There are multiple communities who simply share ties.
It bugs me when people on ERA post "fuck gamers" and similar posts when some guy who plays video games does something dumb.
He ain't representative of all people who play video games.

To me a gamer is just a convenient way to refer to a video game player. It's not an identity. There is no community. Fuck the assholes.

All said.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I guess you being critical of XB1 performance and its current state put you in the spotlight. I don't even own console yet and still think you come off as anti-xbox sometimes.
I never been critical of Xbox performance. I just point real sales numbers. I talk in all threads about all consoles. I play all of them. So no you are wrong.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Tweet from the CM:
I've ended up buying this because of (mentions). Help.

First fanboy tweet:
Because of this tweet, I'll stop following @Xbox_Spain. Of course, anyone can play whatever they want, but you need to have some respect for a CM position. I know I'll get hate from this, but it's my opinion and I have the right to stop following a CM that represents what I've said before: the enemy at home

Second fanboy tweet:
Being Xbox Live the best service, and Xbox One X the best console, it doesn't make sense that Xbox Spain's CM shows us a picture of the PS4 version of a multiplatform. It's only to create controversy, from here onwards we stop following (Xbox CM mention) because she doesn't represent Xbox.
Wow, thanks.

Better summary

ocilav

Dec 18, 2018
Let's clarify some things, because that tweet OP posted it's only the last little spark, the harassament is quite larger.

Before being CM of Xbox Spain she worked on one of the largest digital newspaper dedicated to Microsoft and Xbox community in Spain. Since then, the most radical and fanboy sector of the Spaniard Xbox community was against her because she sporadically posted on her personal twitter account something about other consoles, or she criticized some Xbox Games. On her personal account, and almost always quoting some friends. Celebrating the "day of the father", she once published a list of top videogame fathers, an she included Joel, from The Last of Us there. Those fans were extremely angry...
That fanboy sector was also very upset with the newspaper for that, (they were also upset with other journalists for the same reasons) and requested the journal to "fire" those people.

They commonly took screenshots of their tweets and broadcast them on twitter and whatsapp, usually with harsh words like "she is the enemy" "cancerous" "immoral b*tch", "someday her actions will affect her *physically*", or commenting about her "partner" (And a lot of other things...)

Some of those accounts were removed from twitter, but reborn with other alias.

Then, she was "promoted" to Spain CM and left the journal. That was very confusing for those fanboys and they caught fire, they doubled their activity, answered a lot of official tweets with harsh comments or quotes from her personal account. Someone said something like "uhh, i don't follow her on twitter, but i will follow her on real life". They sent tweets and emails to Microsoft directives asking to fire her. A little bit insane, IMHO.

She needed some peace, so i think she took a good decision removing her personal account. But the harassers now are playing the victim card. Those "attacks" were distributed on different persons, so no one wants to assume the responsibility. They all think their opinions were moderate and legitimate. Some people insinuate that Alejandra deleted her personal account because the Microsoft directives told her those personal opinions were inadmisible.

So that's right now the situation of "xbox community on social media" in Spain. We are a small community and we are very fragmented, there are like, at least, 5 or 6 different communities about the same theme. And that should not be a problem, but the existence of that small active troll group on social networks is poisoning something that should be funny and full of friendly diversity.

I hope this event wakes some awareness about the situation and we all change our behaviour. Some of those mentioned xbox communities have already commented about the incident and supported Alejandra. So i think we are now on the right path. Now we have te potential to build a healthy community around this hobby.

English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Meanwhile, Phil da gawd openly admits playing on all consoles

Even worse, he copped his unfair share of crap when he announced that Windows 10 would be considered a first-party platform going forward. We all sort-of-jokingly say "Imagine being overzealous about a piece of plastic", but those people quite literally are as they consider Xbox to be separate from Microsoft Studios itself.

So, yeah. Imagine being overzealous about a piece of plastic.

Last edited:

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big three need to do a better job at shutting down the fanboy shit (they won't because it fuels their sales). They really need to dissociate themselves from the most toxic of the toxic members of their communities

Nov 30, 2017
Its OK to be a fan. Not OK to be a fanboy or warrior.

I don't get why people get so invested over a $400 piece of plastic. I'm a member of a truck mod forum and people have 40 - 80 thousand dollars in these things. We rarely get people of different brands even verbally both each other.

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine if they heard @yosp talking about his love for Nintendo or if they saw Shigeru hanging out in the PlayStation section at E3.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yikes.

This is coming from rabid fans of a brand that over the last five years has been pretty open about enjoying games on other platforms and (in the last year or so) wanting to work with Nintendo/Sony to make crossplay happen. What could possibly be seen as negative from their fanbase?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There's nothing worse than children being defensive about the choice of console that their parents paid for. If they could have all platforms, believe me, they would. Actually, scratch that, it's the grown ass adults with IQs lower than 26 that pretend as if there's any reason whatsoever to rag on other platforms because they have a bizarre inferiority complex and need to be reassured that their purchase was the best purchase and that they didn't waste their money that are truly the worst.

In any event though, these types of people are annoying pricks through and through. Play where you play and keep that weird pride to your damn self.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Defending the honor of BRANDS
I know a guy who owns a YouTube channel named "Xbox milgrau". He lost a lawsuit and will have to pay R$ 50.000,00 (+- U$ 15.000,00). The reason is extremely stupid, he got angry because a news site got wrong the list of PS4 exclusives (they said Witcher 3 was one and he said that they were trying to downplay the Xbox) and he started harassing the employees, and saying to his followers to go after them on the internet.

The sentence is a gold mine. The judge said explicitly that she can't believe that an adult wast time doing something like this

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
There's nothing worse than children being defensive about the choice of console that their parents paid for. If they could have all platforms, believe me, they would. Actually, scratch that, it's the grown ass adults with IQs lower than 26 that pretend as if there's any reason whatsoever to rag on other platforms because they have a bizarre inferiority complex and need to be reassured that their purchase was the best purchase and that they didn't waste their money that are truly the worst.

In any event though, these types of people are annoying pricks through and through. Play where you play and keep that weird pride to your damn self.

As a matter of fact, this entire toxic Xbox One community in Spain -they are well known for continuously harass people in social media as a public group- is pretty much composed of +30/40 adults.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of you guys created this account and are trying to link to me
Thanks mods for taking action.
This is going to sound really harsh, but you're not even remotely important enough for someone to do that. You're not the target of some great online character assassination. You're just some random person on the internet who talks about video games. I hope you don't expect anyone to believe this ridiculous excuse. You got embarrassed for some dumb tweets you made. Just eat your crow and move on. Good on the mods for removing the other examples though. No need to dog pile.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, this shit makes no sense to me.
People who only own one thing want to feel like they made the right purchase (or got the right gift) so they get tribalistic over it. Unfortunately for a lot of these people it's not enough to simply enjoy what you have, but they also need to know that the other options actually suck. They can't possibly be missing out. It's sad and happens a lot in other non gaming communities too. Just look at smart phone fanboys.