• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
bSf2d5H.png

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox

P772c12.png

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Top paid isnt influenced by Gamepass downloads tho. And it was on sale before Gamepass and this probably the result of that. Most played is tho.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Top paid isnt influenced by Gamepass downloads tho. And it was on sale before Gamepass and this probably the result of that. Most played is tho.
This is why the GWG don't show up here to, so that list is Paid Downloads right?

So the sale + sales outside of people paying on GP have pushed it to No 1 yeah?

Also with the most played on Xbox and the list I also posted for Steam I find it crazy how the most played games aren't covered much in the press or here as news but they are HUGE and the YouTubers, and streamers clean up in in depth discussion on them.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This is why the GWG don't show up here to, so that list is Paid Downloads right?

So the sale + sales outside of people paying on GP have pushed it to No 1 yeah?

Yeah it needs to be a full paid download. And there was indeed a sale going on when it was added to Gamepass wich is ended now and it shows the result of that week.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Also with the most played on Xbox and the list I also posted for Steam I find it crazy how the most played games aren't covered much in the press or here as news but they are HUGE and the YouTubers, and streamers clean up in in depth discussion on them.

There is a massive problem for me that the majority of the gaming media are hugely disconnected from the mainstream gaming population now. Essentially they can't even cover the most popular games as they generally don't get MP type games. I listen to videogamer podcast for example and they always say 'I don't really play MP'.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Probably all the sharing from one account on 17 consoles that everyone that owns an Xbox One does off one GamePass and one Gold sub, combined with those 17 people having 4 players per console.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man NieR Automata sure has dropped huh. I mean it's below a game like Octodad which I really don't think is selling that many copies. I still don't think NieR even did 100,000 on Xbox One. The Crew 2 hasn't been selling well either from what we know and it's below that too.

Point is this: too many people think being in the top 5 on here is great and I on the other hand feel like it wouldn't be very hard for anything to be that high. For one, in June and July game sales in general are a lot lower than any other time of year. There is a severe lack of major titles and thus it's pretty easy for any new title to move up into those top spots.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man NieR Automata sure has dropped huh. I mean it's below a game like Octodad which I really don't think is selling that many copies. I still don't think NieR even did 100,000 on Xbox One. The Crew 2 hasn't been selling well either from what we know and it's below that too.

Point is this: too many people think being in the top 5 on here is great and I on the other hand feel like it wouldn't be very hard for anything to be that high. For one, in June and July game sales in general are a lot lower than any other time of year. There is a severe lack of major titles and thus it's pretty easy for any new title to move up into those top spots.

Clear that neither of those games have mainstream or wide appeal. Not really sure that is a shock at all.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't know rainbow six siege was this popular on Xbox. Shame It isn't X enhanced :( i might've bought it otherwise.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
Fornite is supposed to be free to play and yet it occupies two positions in the ranking with two rather expensive packages. Incredible

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It shows in Rocket League(RL) DAU are at an all time high. Even at late night sessions(From UK perspective) what was 135k+ players is now 165k+ around the same time. That's probably even low balling on my part.

The increase in players has been huge Xbox probably is very close if not number one platform for RL in terms of DAU.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It shows in Rocket League(RL) DAU are at an all time high. Even at late night sessions(From UK perspective) what was 135k+ players is now 165k+ around the same time. That's probably even low balling on my part.

The increase in players has been huge Xbox probably is very close if not number one platform for RL in terms of DAU.
What are the numbers for the other platforms?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Glad to see Nier still doing well. Hope it has done well enough to convince Square to support the situation at least a tad more.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Last percentage split we got about 2 weeks or so ago

wXPdwca.png

Source

We don't get raw numbers the numbers I mentioned are just the total user base at any given time from the in-game menu.

Wonder if Xbox will push past PS4 to become the most popular platform now it's on Game Pass? They're not far behind from sales alone before it went to Game Pass.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's still top 10, and while I know mentioning it's behind octodad fits your narrative you failed to mention that it's also ahead of GTA5. You know. The game which charts top 10 on the NPD every single month. Now obviously that's because GTA is multi platform and I wouldn't expect NieR to hit NPD top 10, but it still a good place to be and still sort of debunks the myth that "Xbox dudebros don't buy Japanese games" which was the point people were trying to make when it came out. The port is probably profitable enough to justify making it.

Last edited:

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Xbox will push past PS4 to become the most popular platform now it's on Game Pass? They're not far behind from sales alone before it went to Game Pass.
Yh that's am thinking. It's probably very close now or will pass it shortly because of sale which was helped by the free weekend which made it top downloads then you add high influx from gamepass yh it should easier do it imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I read the words "battle royale" on the thumbnails related to these two bundle :/
The Top Paid list has Fortnite Founder's Packs, which are the paid PVE mode. The Top Played list has "Fortnite Battle Royale" but it means nothing because the PVE campaign is sold as DLC to the free BR client. So you are playing "Fortnite Battle Royale" even if you are in Save the World.

It's also a way for Epic to make it so you don't need PS Plus to play the paid Save the World mode on PS4.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Every time I hear about the results of gamepass, im convinced it was a genius move.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
There is a massive problem for me that the majority of the gaming media are hugely disconnected from the mainstream gaming population now. Essentially they can't even cover the most popular games as they generally don't get MP type games. I listen to videogamer podcast for example and they always say 'I don't really play MP'.

So true.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
The Top Paid list has Fortnite Founder's Packs, which are the paid PVE mode. The Top Played list has "Fortnite Battle Royale" but it means nothing because the PVE campaign is sold as DLC to the free BR client. So you are playing "Fortnite Battle Royale" even if you are in Save the World.

It's also a way for Epic to make it so you don't need PS Plus to play the paid Save the World mode on PS4.
Thank you for the detailed infos. Understandable move from epic using the battle royale mode success to relaunch a the paid game. Fornite must be printing money for them :O

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's still top 10, and while I know mentioning it's behind octodad fits your narrative you failed to mention that it's also ahead of GTA5. You know. The game which charts top 10 on the NPD every single month. Now obviously that's because GTA is multi platform and I wouldn't expect NieR to hit NPD top 10, but it still a good place to be and still sort of debunks the myth that "Xbox dudebros don't buy Japanese games" which was the point people were trying to make when it came out. The port is probably profitable enough to justify making it.
Uh no that myth is still very much alive. A Japanese game selling maybe 100K still pretty much proves the point that they don't buy them. Now when they start selling a million plus like they do on PS4 then you can say that the myth is debunked.