• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2020

Taken from Caiusto

It seems Xbox approached the Hololive (vtuber group) branch from Cover Corp for an Xbox Game Pass ad. The streamer will introduce the service (probably explain that you can also play on PC and even Cloud) and show some games.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Do whatever it takes to attract a market for more Japanese games on Xbox.

I wonder how the new Xbox is tracking compared to the Xbox one so far over there.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
It was actually a pretty educative stream, she explained about the service, explored the catalogue, pricing, and the XGS+BGS+EA Play games available day one on XGP.

Hope MS give Cover Corp the streaming permission of all their games as it would bring awareness for their brand on Japan.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
this was the last straw spencer
i miss the days of mattrick and no anime on my xbox

you went too far, now you lost a customer. only the intellivision amico for me now

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017

I wonder how the new Xbox is tracking compared to the Xbox one so far over there.

Someone might want to verify me, but not well, in fact really bad if I recall.

Update: Xbox One launched almost a year later in Japan, and Xbox Series looks below launched aligned (both numbers are awful, might be why I recall it being bad, but might be both numbers are bad).

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

You can see for yourself

www.resetera.com

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2021 (Mar 15 - Mar 21) Sales

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2021 (Mar 15 - Mar 21) 01./01. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Nintendo) {2021.02.12} (¥5.980) 02./00. [NSW] Densha de Go!! Hashirou Yamanotesen (Square Enix) {2021.03.18} (¥5.800) 03./02. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban...

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
...is this what the kids are into now?
vtubers are for everyone

HhvlCVJ.png

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty smart. Gamepass and Xcloud could be huge there but I don't think it's wise for MS to keep relying solely on 3P content. they really need to grow their studios in Japan beyond Mojang and Tango cos getting unique Japanese content into Xbox Gamepass could really help the service grow and going by Phil's comments they are already looking to solve that problem.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017

it's selling worse than one, but it's also constantly out of stock (which one never was) and one launched 9 months later than the west. i think it will sell at least a bit better than one in the long run.
At least compared to Sony they try in Japan.
sony is actually doing decent hardware sales numbers in japan right now

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty smart for MS. The Xbox Series is selling a bit worse than One, but the fact we see a increase this past week tell us maybe there is a bigger demand/interest for the console than the One. I doubt will hit something over 200k units but it would be nice to pass One LTD numbers.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have friends who wake up at 4 am to watch these vtubers

Sep 29, 2019
They are really trying hard to push themselves into Japan, huh? Hope they succeed. Won't be surprised if they decide to buy another japanese game studio (apart from Tango)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want to watch this, lol
The auto-translated subs make me go "Wait a minute, what?!" sometimes though, lol
6ryewWv.png

Thinking about it more, and looking at auto-translated replies to that tweet in OP, it seems like Game Pass might be a thing that could do decently enough in Japan. I remember watching a Let's Play Japan video on Xbox's TGS showing last year and he seemed to be interested... well, mostly in Scarlet Nexus, but also Game Pass too which seemed like a thing he had just learned about. He especially seemed interested in playing console games on his phone (mild shock).

Last edited:

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Pretty smart. Gamepass and Xcloud could be huge there but I don't think it's wise for MS to keep relying solely on 3P content. they really need to grow their studios in Japan beyond Mojang and Tango cos getting unique Japanese content into Xbox Gamepass could really help the service grow and going by Phil's comments they are already looking to solve that problem.
Mojang??

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Botan isn't necessarily the biggest of Hololive's Vtubers but she's definitely the one who's content and interests leans the most toward western stuff (she's a hardcore PC gamer and plays a bunch of shooters) so I can see why they'd be going to her for these sponsorships. Iirc she did something with Playstation as well and talked about how she's had trouble getting her own PS5.