• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff is proposing to Kojima, and Microsoft just acquired the rights to stream the wedding?

A new fable might be cool.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Sounds like...

giphy.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The rumored PS-related studio they're buying, maybe? Or has that been announced already?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, my guess is that it's either the Winter of Arcade stuff, or -- just going by the gif attached -- early access to a DMC5 demo.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
A studio acquisition wouldn't really justify a tweet directed at fans, hyping it up, would it?
It makes more sense for it to be a new title.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
"Join us on Mixer for a special announcement during " make it sounds like its a Mixer thing when VGA are on ads or something

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
whats this winter of arcade thing people in this thread keep mentioning?
Microsoft said at X018 that Ashen and Below (and many other indie games) will launch on Xbox One through a promotion called Winter of Arcade and that "the full lineup of games will be revealed at The Game Awards".

Every week starting tonight and until the end of Winter, there will be a big indie game releasing on Xbox One. This is called Winter of Arcade.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I've fallen for this dozens of times and every time Microsoft's marketing hypes something up, I find myself looking for my beer goggles to make the announcement prettier. Wouldn't expect something major. Winter of Arcade sounds about right. Maybe Below into Game Pass? The entire Winter of Arcade going to Game Pass would be pretty damned cool.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft said at X018 that Ashen and Below (and many other indie games) will launch on Xbox One through a promotion called Winter of Arcade and that "the full lineup of games will be revealed at The Game Awards".

I forgot that Ashen and Below are set to launch during Winter of Arcade. Methinks we might be getting those on Game Pass then as well. I wonder if it's possible that all "Winter of Arcade" games launch on Game Pass...

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm guessing permanent price cut on their consoles. The holiday sale prices will be the permanent prices of the Xbox One SKUs going forward. It will be part of a strategy to win as much market share and platform investment before next gen kicks off, since I imagine they are planning Next Xbox to be fully backwards compatible -- they want people to be attached to their Xbox libraries and familiar and "in" on Xbox services like Game Pass by the time the next thing rolls out, so that the new console stands a better chance of feeling like folks' "home" console.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
Studio acquisitions are cool but I wanna see some cgi trailers or something just a game title screen and some effects like ori had at e3 few years back would satisfy me.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Microsoft to acquire all the awards at the awards show. That way they win errrthang!

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox OG Classic Mini

There day one if this thing that won't happen does happen. I'd love a mini for my favorite console of all time.

Halo
Halo 2
Fuzion Frenzy
Kung Fu Chaos
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
GunValkyrie
MechAssault
MechAssault 2
Top Spin Tennis (? There probably is too much licensing to do, same for the next game)
Links
Fable
Jade Empire
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
Blinx the Time Sweeper
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

That's a start, at least. I'd buy this without blinking for USD 100.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Cant see them announcing new acquisitions at this show particularly. Maybe a new IP though.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far!

Eventually I'm gonna be right.

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
As heartening as it is to see Microsoft studios expand and make a real play for next gen, I hope this isn't another studio acquisition.

It's kind of becoming a fall flat announcement. Announce it through a PR statement with a video, but announce games.