• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Fn0mw3yXEAECtFo

People are getting this in their e-mail. Is this a mistake or something? Seems weird given that BD and LO are first party exclusives?

----------------

Update: List of Titles to be removed forever (Not able to buy on XB1 Store)

This is the list I have.
* indicates there's NO version or iteration of this game on XB1. So once it's gone, it's gone unless there's a physical version

Assassin's Creed Brohood (No longer available for purchase on the new store)
Assassin's Creed III (No longer available for purchase on the new store)
Assassin's Creed IV (No longer available for purchase on the new store)
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD*
Blood of the Werewolf*
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty Ghosts
Castle Crashers (No longer available for purchase on new store) [Has XB1 Version]
Counter Strike: GO*
Dark Souls
Darksiders 2
Daytona USA*
Defense Grid*
Eets: Chowdown*
Final Fight: DblImpact*
Iron Brigade*
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad*
Jet Set Radio*
Left 4 Dead*
Left 4 Dead 2*
Limbo
Monopoly Deal
Mutant Blobs Attack*
Peggle 2
R.U.S.E.
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Skate 2*
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spelunky*
The Orange Box*
The Raven Episode 1*
Prince of Persia (2008 - The one with the scarf, NOT CLASSIC)*

Link to some Xbox 360 Store Only Titles Here (You can goodle "Game Name Xbox 360" to find marketplace links to the titles you want:

DAYTONA USA

Jet Set Radio

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

The Orange Box

-----------------------

Titles that you can buy on Xbox One and Xbox Series will remain (So Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and others not on the list Jawmuncher made will remain available)

View: https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1620535428146429952?s=20&t=W2CdQcrKonk6b0vATqRknw

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
weird, pretty sure I already have everything I would want on there anyway but I'll double check just in case.

Edit: Wait nevermind this is for the 360 specific store, should still be good on the current one I assume.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, this is quite a few games. Why are they doing this? Just tired of paying for licensing? Aren't BD and LO Microsoft franchises though?

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Why are these being removed? Don't MS own the IPs? It's been odd to me that neither of these classic 360 JRPGs are on Gamepass and even more odd now that they will no longer be available to buy.

End of an era I suppose.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wow Daytona USA :(

PLEASE let M2 continue the amazing work they did with Virtua Racing, Sega. Please.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I really wish they would remaster or remake Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I always wanted to play them, but I wasn't going to buy a console for two games. It would be nice to have them on modern consoles and Steam.

Oct 29, 2017
It looks like it's referring to the Xbox 360 Marketplace specifically-- the old storefront which is different than the current Xbox Store. BC games like Lost Odyssey etc. should still be purchaseable on the new store.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 360 marketplace delisting, but will they remain available on the Microsoft Store (in cases where they are already available, for Xbox One/Series BC)?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I should grab Daytona while I still can. Have it on PS3, but the forwards compatibility on Xbox platforms would be handy.

Edit: Though if this is just specifically the 360 marketplace and they'll still be available to purchase as BC games on the newer consoles, that's not so bad.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The question is. Does this only affect the store if accessed from the 360, or is it also on X1/Series?

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Unless I'm missing something, these are all backwards compatible and also available through the Xbox One store, I think this is just the 360 specific marketplace where these titles might be removed for one reason or another but I imagine they'll still be available on the Xbox One/Series store.

They moved over all of the BC games to the newer storefront back in like 2020 when before those entries were basically just a front for the old marketplace, so my guess is that these titles have some specific quirks messing with stuff and will be removed from the marketplace rather than try to fix the root problem

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Xbox 360 marketplace delisting, but will they remain available on the Microsoft Store (in cases where they are already available, for Xbox One/Series BC)?

This is my guess as well. I doubt they'd straight up remove stuff like BD and LO from sale.
This will impact stuff like Left 4 Dead though which doesn't have a new store listing.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Oh phew, if it's just the 360 specific store front and not other MS stores, then I'm less concerned. I hope that's the case.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are just removing them from the 360 Storefront. Why they are even doing that? I don't know.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
The Usual.

A number of game titles and associated add-ons will be removed from the Xbox 360 Marketplace in a select set of regions per title. These removals will start on February 7, 2023.
Once purchased, you can always redownload these games or any other previously purchased games from your Xbox 360 Download History.

Ms titles are weird though.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, this says Xbox 360 Marketplace. Do we know if this will impact X1 and the Series consoles as well? I ask as that's an important distinction and one that would be worth mentioning in the thread title.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
What's the point of promoting backwards compatibility so much and then making this kind of moves?

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Just the 360 store makes a lot more sense. Glad if that's the case and these gems will still be available.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were just on sale and I didn't buy them. RIP

I don't have an xbox past a 360 so if these are removed from that marketplace, I won't be able to buy them. Sucks I guess. 360 is one of three consoles I keep hooked up because it's the only way I can play The Beatles Rock Band lol

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see clarification about whether this affects everything or only the store accessible via the 360 itself. It is not clear enough.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I see, so I guess it is 360 store only. Still really strange, but good to know if that's the case.