• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
We had:

www.resetera.com

It appears no one at Xbox has actually promised every XB1 game will be allowed to boot on Series X yet

Ok so we’ve had back and forth threads but it’s gotten muddy so I got a reply on a mod report I made saying I can make a thread to directly address this lack of confirmation. Earlier I posted sources that show no one at Xbox themselves has claimed all your Xbox One games will be playable on...
There was also this and this. It also got brought up several times in Playstation backwards compatibility threads.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Jim Ryan needs to wake up.

I have zero plans on buying the Series X but MS is killing it.

What the fuck is Sony doing.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think MS is going to allow fud to set in like 2013

Nice try to the concern trolls though

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Gamepass plus this fact and the fact that I don't want to spend $1500+ on a PC this year make XSX a no-brainer. Like I will probably buy two.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhhhhh, are you suuuure? Maybe the PR doesn't know everything, false info? Please, this can't be happening...

;)

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
It really is amazing how console brands go through this eternal cycle of success -> overconfidence -> failure -> humility -> success. Xbox is just nailing it now because they know they have to. It sounds like this new Xbox is everything a modern platform can and should be. (Edit - from a tech perspective at least, I guess PS will still have some major advantages of its own)

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Come on, Sony. Is that hard to say it like Xbox did ?
Definitive statement, clear messaging, no fears about games being left behind on Xbox One.

Really wish Sony were able to match Microsoft on this one.

I'm going to wager that the reason why Sony is being coy about BC is because it won't be every past gen game, like it will be with Xbox.

Which is dumb. They might as well get the bad news out of the way early. It's going to come out anyways.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
from what i know of him, bad is not a console warrior or a concern troll. he just wanted things to be cleared up, and now they are. it's unfair to call him names just because he was bringing up some inconsistencies in what was said.

Apr 30, 2019
I like the approach of silencing silly console wars rumors with a clear and upfront statement that leaves nothing to interpretation.

I also want to reiterate just how grateful I am to have the backwards compatibility program on Xbox. I've spent so much time playing old 360 and OG Xbox games on my 1X and a ton of them look amazing with enhanced resolutions and frame rates. It really is a relief to know that my $100s if not $1000s worth of digital content on my Xbox live account will transfer over to my new Xbox series x.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It really is amazing how console brands go through this eternal cycle of success -> overconfidence -> failure -> humility -> success. Xbox is just nailing it now because they know they have to. It sounds like this new Xbox is everything a modern platform can and should be.

While I agree that market position can give into overconfidence and practices that aren't consumer friendly (we've seen it from all 3), there's also new leadership at these companies.

The people that ran Xbox and Playstation back in 2013 are no longer there. This is the first time the new leadership at each company is launching a new generation.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
We should ask Ja Rule

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
from what i know of him, bad is not a console warrior or a concern troll. he just wanted things to be cleared up, and now they are. it's unfair to call him out for those things when he was bringing up some valid inconsistencies in what was said.
No it was FUD it's been confirmed multiple times over the past months. He made 2 damn threads about it today. That's not normal.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
from what i know of him, bad is not a console warrior or a concern troll. he just wanted things to be cleared up, and now they are. it's unfair to call him names just because he was bringing up some inconsistencies in what was said.
He had not looked at the DF hands on with the console, which had info about this, and questioned it citing an article from February. But okay.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Twitter was obv hacked by an Xbot to respond to Era..I need a time stamped video of Phil saying this with his hand on the Bible.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
As long as PS5 plays Bloodborne I'll be good. Please, Sony. It may not be a top 100 played but BB is the best game on the platform.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
So much for the uncertainty in this development.

My post from the first thread still stands:

Amazing how clearly things can be stated when you actually deliver, as opposed to purposefully crafting obfuscation in an attempt to mask your pathetic deficiency.

Conmex

Banned
May 19, 2018
god bless Billy G. saving the world and creating the greatest game console ever in his free time.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I like the approach of silencing silly console wars rumors with a clear and upfront statement that leaves nothing to interpretation.

I also want to reiterate just how grateful I am to have the backwards compatibility program on Xbox. I've spent so much time playing old 360 and OG Xbox games on my 1X and a ton of them look amazing with enhanced resolutions and frame rates. It really is a relief to know that my $100s if not $1000s worth of digital content on my Xbox live account will transfer over to my new Xbox series x.

don't forget about Game Pass.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
And this is one of several reasons I love the current Xbox ecosystem. I want my games to move with me across generations.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to wager that the reason why Sony is being coy about BC is because it won't be every past gen game, like it will be with Xbox.

Which is dumb. They might as well get the bad news out of the way early. It's going to come out anyways.
And to give their competition a confirmed marketing point prior to even pre-orders going up? No chance

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
WHAT DOES ALL MEAN THO. LET ME START SEVERAL THREADS WITH POLLS.

Sorry, it's been very clear why multiple "concern" posts have been made the last 48 hours.

Like Jesus guys. The PS5 and Series X are both very nice looking consoles. We can all be ok with our choices.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This was clearly part of the design philosophy from day one. I don't get why people were ever unclear on this.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say while I don't expect it'll ever get as volatile as it was in those days, it's weirdly funny to compare the marketing lead up so far of XSX/PS5 to XB1/PS4. Talk about a role reversal in terms of messaging.