• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, people were unsure? I thought their messaging regarding BC so far had been really clear.
I thought so too but wasn't sure when I saw that PS4 wasn't fully BC. Someone clarified for me and then I again doubted until the Xbox person here confirmed. The Xbox twitter double confirmed so now there's no room for doubt.

Edit: lol

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Next time, they will have to answer in as many languages as possible maybe?

-Xbox One جميع الألعاب المتوافقة حاليًا مع الإصدارات السابقة ، نعم. بالإضافة إلى جميع ألعاب .
-Όλα τα παιχνίδια που είναι προς το παρόν Συμβατό προς τα πίσω, ναι. Επιπλέον όλα τα παιχνίδια του Xbox One.
-Todos los juegos que actualmente son compatibles con versiones anteriores, sí. Además de todos los juegos de Xbox One.
-Tous les jeux actuellement compatibles en amont, oui. De plus, tous les jeux Xbox One.
-सभी खेल जो वर्तमान में पीछे की ओर संगत हैं, हाँ। साथ ही सभी Xbox One गेम।
-Minden játék, amely jelenleg visszamenőlegesen kompatibilis, igen. Plusz az összes Xbox One játék.
-Tutti i giochi attualmente compatibili con le versioni precedenti, sì. Inoltre tutti i giochi Xbox One.
-כל המשחקים שכרגע תואמים לאחור, כן. בנוסף לכל משחקי ה- Xbox One.
-現在、下位互換性のあるすべてのゲーム、はい。さらに、すべてのXbox Oneゲーム。
-현재 이전 버전과 호환되는 모든 게임, 예. 모든 Xbox One 게임.
-Сите игри што во моментов се наназад Компатибилни, да. Плус сите игри Xbox One.
-Alle spill som for øyeblikket er bakoverkompatible, ja. Pluss alle Xbox One-spill.
-Wszystkie gry, które są obecnie kompatybilne wstecz, tak. Plus wszystkie gry Xbox One.
-Todos os jogos atualmente compatíveis com versões anteriores, sim. Além de todos os jogos do Xbox One.
-Все игры, которые в настоящее время обратно совместимы, да. Плюс все игры для Xbox One.
-Şu anda Geriye Doğru Uyumlu olan tüm oyunlar, evet. Ayrıca tüm Xbox One oyunları.
وہ تمام کھیل جو فی الحال پیچھے کی طرف مطابقت پذیر ہیں ، ہاں۔ پلس تمام ایکس بکس ون کھیل۔
-当前所有向后兼容的游戏,是的。加上所有Xbox One游戏。

WhiteFlashyGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I'll believe all 2437 Xbox One games are playable without error on Series X from start to finish when I see it. There are always exceptions to BC, even back with PS1 games on PS2.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Console wars
I love Backwards compatibility but you don't sell it to fans, desperate move by Microsoft.

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Sony has truly shit the bed when it comes to BC and quite honestly when it comes to a lot of things. MS is waaaay ahead of them. If MS price-match Sony with the Series X, that'd be something else! 😊

Isn't the reason they went fast and narrow and 36 cu for back compat modes. Then at least they should have nailed that but it seems they did not.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox's messaging is so much more on point comparative to PlayStation with the next gen stuff. Fair play to them for so quickly confirming.

They seem to be paying attention to forum and social media discussions, where as Sony seemingly don't care or are happy to just inform or clarify at their own pace.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe all 2437 Xbox One games are playable without error on Series X from start to finish when I see it. There are always exceptions to BC, even back with PS1 games on PS2.
How will you see it? Start to finish, as you said. Why is this even a demand? All your Xbox games will work, there's no reasons to think otherwise.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't the reason they went fast and narrow and 36 cu for back compat modes. Then at least they should have nailed that but it seems they did not.
Which is why it's embarassing. They talked up BC a year ago in the first Wired article and now they'll have barely 100 titles available at launch. That shit's insanely bad.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some people were really desperate to make Xbox's BC plans the same as Sony's.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they'll try to avoid the topic of BC until launch?

It's going to be an awkward and difficult 8 months for Sony's marketing/PR team then. I wish them luck.
Nah

they didn't mention much until yesterday so I could see them not saying much for a few more months

then they will rely on their brand and PS5 library to give them enough so that BC is a footnote

look how some people are already downplaying how BC isnot important on this forum and others who feel like BC will mostly be there

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Step up your game Cerny, almost the top 100 (time played... So only online games and RPGs or super time consuming open world games) at launch isn't "doing very well" BC wise...

Just throwing it out there, but I feel like you could take what Cerny said two ways, one, in that it's literally less than the top 100 working or possibly he meant to relay that as to say that their backwards compatibility solution covers a good percentage of games, but it's incomplete at the moment.

Maybe a bit of an optimistic way to see it but I don't feel like it would be misinterting it. I will say for certain I don't like the fact that it's genuinely uncertain and so much of that is still uncertain and vague at best.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I'm going to wager that the reason why Sony is being coy about BC is because it won't be every past gen game, like it will be with Xbox.

Which is dumb. They might as well get the bad news out of the way early. It's going to come out anyways.
I suspect the same. I mean, i only want to play 10 PS4, at most, but it sucks anyway.
It is if it isn't true. Either that or they're awful at communication.
They are completely awful at communication.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
If it wasn't their intention this is a nominee for worst double down of the year. One of the most solid pieces of info we had on the new Xbox they decide to go tinfoil hat on, and then deny all evidence showing them to be incorrect.
I literally have Game Pass Ultimate through 2022 and will upgrade my Xbox One X to a Series X day one so all the shit posts and thread whines that didn't get moderated with conspiracies I am a Playstation stan trying to hurt Xbox's image are toxic trash. I criticized Sony's messaging and features yesterday and if people bothered to read better they'd understand I legit just was wanting Xbox's on the record quote, and when they tweeted about it this afternoon I promptly reported that the statement was found. So no, I was not wishing my future purchase would be missing features and hoping to make it look shit.

firstseeker

Dec 4, 2019
Gamepass plus this fact and the fact that I don't want to spend $1500+ on a PC this year make XSX a no-brainer. Like I will probably buy two.
I was planning to buy Ampere when its released later this year, but I'm most likely going to hold off and buy XSX instead. Its going to feel weird to be a console gamer again after almost 15 years!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I literally have Game Pass Ultimate through 2022 and will upgrade my Xbox One X to a Series X day one so all the shit posts and thread whines that didn't get moderated with conspiracies I am a Playstation stan trying to hurt Xbox's image are toxic trash. I criticized Sony's messaging and features yesterday and if people bothered to read better they'd understand I legit just was wanting Xbox's on the record quote, and when they tweeted about it this afternoon I promptly reported that the statement was found. So no, I was not wishing my future purchase would be missing features and hoping to make it look shit.
you were just misunderstood king 😔

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Just walk away, turn off the comp, take a chill pill, etc. Tomorrow is another day. You got your proof that Xbox One games will be as close to 100% now. BAD is no bueno right now

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The timing of it is what made it suspect. Where was this concern a week ago?