• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's strong incentive to set up one of my externals for my Xbox One library. Have it ready to go by just plugging it into XSX is awesome.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is going on in this forum today, they have confirmed that like 1000 times.
There we go then, no need for four different threads about it anymore, it's confirmed.
Haven't we known this for a while...

We had:

www.resetera.com

It appears no one at Xbox has actually promised every XB1 game will be allowed to boot on Series X yet

Ok so we’ve had back and forth threads but it’s gotten muddy so I got a reply on a mod report I made saying I can make a thread to directly address this lack of confirmation. Earlier I posted sources that show no one at Xbox themselves has claimed all your Xbox One games will be playable on...

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many more threads will we get on the topic of backwards compatibility tonight? I hear Vegas has the line set at 2.5. I'll take the over.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
i saw someone here say "is this the part where MS says "you wanna know how many xbox one games work on the series x?...ALL OF THEM :D!"" in the backwards compat threads for ps5

And here it is

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What the fuck is going on in this forum today, they have confirmed that like 1000 times.
Sony was a little muddy with their messaging so people are desperate to pick apart every statement about Xbox Series X BC evern though they've been clear about it being fully BC with essentially everything playable on Xhox One for a while now.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Definitive statement, clear messaging, no fears about games being left behind on Xbox One.

Really wish Sony were able to match Microsoft on this one.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Haven't we known this for a while...
They've been super consistent about this message.
Yep. Shit I mean they said this last month.

www.gamespot.com

Xbox Series X Is Backwards Compatible With Every Previous Xbox Generation

The Xbox Series X will support the existing Xbox 360 and original Xbox backwards compatibility libraries at launch.

They have, but I guess people needed reminding because console warz are apparently more important.

www.resetera.com

It appears no one at Xbox has actually promised every XB1 game will be allowed to boot on Series X yet

Ok so we’ve had back and forth threads but it’s gotten muddy so I got a reply on a mod report I made saying I can make a thread to directly address this lack of confirmation. Earlier I posted sources that show no one at Xbox themselves has claimed all your Xbox One games will be playable on...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Xbox One games? Damn, that is nice. Kinda makes me regret all the digital-only titles I purchased on other platforms (non-PC platforms, anyway).

This is how you handle messaging -- clear, concise, with no weird caveats or equivocations. "We tried a hundred games and almost all of them worked!" was not a reassuring way to phrase it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good to see it cleared up.
they're really on point, not letting confusion and misinformation to keep spreading.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does this feel like a reverse 2013. Sony has to know this is a bad look right now. They should put out something to quell some of the concerns about their platform right now. Continued silence is only gonna make the perception worse

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
But BAD told me... D:
2lwS.gif

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
OH no... Will 20th confirmation actually do the trick???

I think we knew this since the original Project Scarlett announcement lol.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
No one seemed to have found it from Xbox before today's tweet
Yep. Shit I mean they said this last month.
www.gamespot.com

Xbox Series X Is Backwards Compatible With Every Previous Xbox Generation

The Xbox Series X will support the existing Xbox 360 and original Xbox backwards compatibility libraries at launch.
Either people don't pay attention or they just wanna fuel these "cOnSoLe WaRz" stuff.
Your own link says:
The post explains that all currently backwards compatible titles from the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 will be brought forward to the Xbox Series X, while Microsoft is still compiling the list of Xbox One games that will be backwards compatible on day one.

Glad they got it wrong, sorry you didn't see that before posting it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bc game is on point @ microsoft. one of the reasons i look forward to nab my series x day 1.

Even if it's not even in my top 10 of reasons for a new console i must admit i'm quite let down by sonys bc stuff so far.

But thanks to deep sales i don't have to pay that much to get a few classic games on Xbox.

Good stuff ms.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know man, i still have some doubts.
I need Phil Spencer to start a livestream right now, with a timestamp, and personally address me by my username confirming that every game will be avaliable, listing their names and stating how much progress was done on them. Then maybe i'll start giving the possiblity some thought.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't know that there was confusion on this, but I'm glad that Microsoft themselves made sure to clear it up.

Hopefully no more questions arise about Xbox Series X BC plans, but eh, who am I kidding? There will be at LEAST 6 more threads before release.