• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who Had The Better Games Showcase?

• Xbox

Votes: 1,093 21.4%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 4,023 78.6%

• Total voters

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
xboxvsps.png

*added the image courtesy of Dreazy

Well we've now seen both XBOX and PlayStation's next gen showcases, they both had a lot of content to show from both first and third party studios. We've now had a chance to see the full initial showcase each company was prepared to show the world for their first outing, so which were you more impressed by?

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
playstation let's be real

psychonauts 2 was the only game that genuinely looked good to me, i expected way more from halo the way they kept hyping this

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
ps5 by a good margin imo. There was a severe lack of gameplay imo on the Xbox showcase.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft had to do one thing: a killer Halo showcase. They really, really did not do that, in my opinion. Everything else was great, but the meat was missing because of Halo.

PlayStation, by far.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox by far. They showed a lot more games I want to play. Halo looks like a lot of fun, technical issues aside, I'm interested in hearing more about Fable, that's always been a series I've spent a lot of time with. STALKER looks good, that Obsidian RPG looks cool, Everwild looks incredible, overall it was an impressive show as far as games went. They showed a lot and had a bunch of variety.

The only game that really stood out to me at Sony's show was Spiderman, and with it being a smaller title than the first it's not really a title that screams "day 1!" for me. Overall I thought their showing was very weak, and there's no reason to really rush out and buy a PS5.

That being said, if the intention of these shows is to sell you on next gen consoles, both failed at that because I'll just be playing the Xbox games on PC and waiting for a (hopefully) redesigned PS5, because that thing looks ugly and I don't want it under my TV.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Both were pretty meh for me

Xbox had a lot of variety, but Sony had more games I'd be interested in, I guess

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The boxes are more than powerful enough that CG trailers aren't really necessary anymore. PlayStation.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think either was great but at the end of the day Sony showed a reason to buy their hardware this year and Microsoft did not.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Ps5 by a country mile, even the biggest game halo infinite didn't impress me. Its next gen man, I want mind blowing graphics.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Console warring
You're asking in a forum where there is actually a "Playstation Defense Force"

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Kind of underwhelmed by Xbox, honestly. I feel like Balan Wonderworld should have been in the main show for Xbox, especially with some of the other stuff they showed. Also, no Hellblade 2 footage?? Really weird.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both are underwhelming but Sony probably has the better one. Xbox conferences has been utterly disappointing so far, like do they want their console to sell at all at enthusiast?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Playstation, Most of the games they showed def are coming within the next 2 years and exclusive on the console, seems like a lot of the xbox games are either years away or cross gen... hell we got way more gameplay.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Microsoft's showing was among the worst showcases I've ever seen for anything hyping up a new generation.

Sony didn't have a perfect showing, but it was infinitely better. This was a slaughter.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
PlayStation 5 event was much, much better.

Halo, Forza and Everwild was good. But nothing shown on Hellblde and just a titlecard/in engine teaser for Fable? Everything else was meh or already announced games we knew about.

Not a great show, in my opinion.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Halo looked great, but I was expecting more to be shown from Fable. Got my hopes up. Overall, as of now Sony showed more stuff that I want to play ASAP, but let's wait and see.

Need to get a need PC to grab that Gamepass though

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
I'm not going to say that Sony's was amazing, blockbuster, absolutely incredible, cause frankly it was good but not great. But that MS one was fucking embarrassing. They're notionally releasing a new console this year and they can only manage to show gameplay for fucking one first party title? This is surely a joke.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I preferred Playstation's but both had games I'm excited for. Gamepass continues to be awesome.