• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
If it was a lifer they would tout that loudly. Assuming this is messaging mix up, esp co sodering bluehole already said they spoke to Sony

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pubg-xbox-one-console-exclusive.3098/

Also, quoted from that thread:

No

Read this release: https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/31/pu...id=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_10.31.4

"Xbox fans, we know you've been waiting and we're so excited to finally be able to say it – PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is coming to Xbox One as a console launch exclusive through the Xbox Game Preview program on December 12, 2017!"

The Game Preview is exclusive to the Xbox, not the full release.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Eugh.
Yesterday it looked like they were just saying the preview edition was console exclusive, but you're right, this looks like it's saying console exclusive on the actual game.
I hope this isn't another deal like Titanfall where the "exclusive" bit came long after it was assumed it would be multiplatform.
I know Xbox needs exclusives, but there's a way to do it and a way not to do it.

This isn't the way.
You announce full exclusivity at reveal or not at all.

Both console makers need to get a handle on this "exclusivity" practice.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the Game Preview Edition that is going to be a console exclusive. Xbox marketing team are fucking geniuses!

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's console exclusive WHILE IN GAME PREVIEW. As soon as that ends, it's no longer console exclusive.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eugh.
Yesterday it looked like they were just saying the preview edition was console exclusive, but you're right, this looks like it's saying console exclusive on the actual game.
I hope this isn't another deal like Titanfall where the "exclusive" bit came long after it was assumed it would be multiplatform.
I know Xbox needs exclusives, but there's a way to do it and a way not to do it.

This isn't the way.
You announce full exclusivity at reveal or not at all.

Both console makers need to get a handle on this "exclusivity" practice.
You sound like an Apple fan still bitter about Halo.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you guys are putting way too much thought into their wording on every single released bit of words. bluehole has literally said they will work on a PS4 version

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't read much into this, Microsoft play with that term loosely.

Bluehole aren't going to give up the Sony platform forever, that is unless Nadella buys Bluehole and PUGB. Even then, current Microsoft would probably still go multi platform...maybe.

Deleted member 62

Yeah, it's a console exclusive until the PS4 version launches.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
same as TR..it was until the next year..... MS likes to try and make it sound like it's exclusive, it's deceiving but it is what it is.

Noob

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Microsoft are trying real hard lol. It may be console exclusive for sometime, but my guess is that it won't be. Another L for Microsoft lol.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft PR making their paycheck with lots of y'all :P

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't feel the mega hype that surrounds this game when watching it, but I am still anxious to give it a try for $30.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
For clarity on the specific layout/text:

pubg-exclcapc4sox.png

If I were to analyze it, the lines are clearly separated and use different type styles to imply that "Xbox One Console Exclusive" is its own statement. If this is accurate (and not just a slimy misdirection), any PR person on Twitter from Microsoft should be able to confirm it.

If when asked, they beat around the bush, politely tell them they're a malignant aspect of the industry and be confident that it's only exclusive for the Game Preview window.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be expecting another console version after it's out of early access.

the better question to ask is that next year or the year after that?

Of more importance to me atm is the console version is out in December.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If it was actually a console exclusive they would shout it out loud, not post it in some corner of the internet on their website.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't read too much into these confusing labels Sony and MS use.

General rule of thumb: If they would have locked this as a true exclusive they would shout it off their high horses.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

prosperoust

Oct 30, 2017
Emeryville, CA
Jesus, this is such a poor way to communicate to consumers. Both Microsoft and Sony need to just be explicit about exclusivity and stop beating around the bush.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They've contradicted themselves too much, so unless they do a really big song and dance about it being full exclusive, I'll just assume it's still a launch exclusive.
But I think this is what I hate most about these shitty, vaguely worded "exclusives" it just ruins all pre-release discussion.

I expect MS to remain misleading or just go full Crash and stay silent on the matter.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
You sound like an Apple fan still bitter about Halo.

Alright.
I mean I'm not sure how you get that impression.
But alright.

After the whole Rise of the Tomb Raider and Street Fighter V nonsense this generation, I've really changed my opinion on 3rd party console exclusivity. Especially with regards to how Sony and Microsoft announce these things to their consumers these days.

And this is coming from someone who has all the platforms.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The word exclusive nowadays means nothing unless its a first party developer.

Every game seems like it's exclusive now according to these companies.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
These PR guys are clever as hell. Yeah sure the early-access version is 'console exclusive'. The game isn't though.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't get the game on any other console when it launches. So yeah it's a console exclusive until it isn't anymore

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yep, surely a timed exclusive. Fact is that isn't just wording on the website tho: they make it look console exclusive on the box art, too. But, also, there's that "GAME PREVIEW EDITION" banner which makes just this edition exclusive.
RWg5ja

Edit: damn, how do I make pictures appear smaller/zoomable? I thought it was done automatically by the forum.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what they are because we are talking about it, and I'm pretty sure this thread will be on fire in the next few minutes
Intentionally misleading consumers does not make you a Genius, just an asshole.

Not that Sony or pretty much any other company doesn't do it either.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's console exclusive WHILE IN GAME PREVIEW. As soon as that ends, it's no longer console exclusive.
I think it's safe to say that if the game blows up in a huge way on Xbox during the preview then Phil will be asking Satya to get his cheque book out. Otherwise I'm sure we'll be seeing it on PS4 within the next year.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is Timed Exclusive, coming to PS4 in 2018. Don't believe Microsoft's typical fake marketing.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about the physical box that went into stores. I don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider had it on the cover, while PUBG does.

5008499.jpg

5891101_sd.jpg

PUB is not even in stores yet...that could just be early box art and not final....Ms is going to try and make it seem like a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.