• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus...you people get riled up over the dumbest shit. It's marketing and every company does it.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Neither Msoft or Sony is more guilty or innocent of doing stuff like this. They both do it.

The back and forth over who is more evil or deceptive is just silly.

PUBG is exclusive to Xbox... For now. It'll come to PS4 later on. If for some reason, Msoft shores up PUBG as a permanent exclusive, you better believe we'll hear about it directly from them.

The way this is worded, it's a timed exclusive until at least game preview ends.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Double post Sorry, thinking of something else to say hold on.

I guess now we wait and see how long Microsoft has had a commercial ready for this news.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
It feels like an new Era. GAH.

Look, all videogame companies do this, and does it really matter? It's exclusive until it isn't, if you can't bear to do without the game, then buy the system that offers it.
LOL @GAH

I completely agree with your 2nd sentence. If someone has the hots for the game, 12 months is a long time. if someone does not, its no big deal.
same as any game, really.
maybe X hardware also will play a role for the first type of person, given that the best console version of the game will be there on scorpio, and thats an "exclusive"
on performance for game lifetime

Oct 28, 2017
"Xbox sucks it has no exclusives"
"We would like to announce PUBG as a launch exclusive"
"Xbox sucks for getting exclusives"

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will end up on PS4 so its not exclusive for one...People want games made by first party...Not hard to understand...Why would anyone celebrate paying to keep games off another system? make your own to support your platform.

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually their fans will be getting a higher userbase on their system for starters. That will pay off in the future for other titles.
?? How many people are going to be buying xbox for a times exclusive...come on...It's not gonna have much of any impact. Xbox gains nothing only Pr and marketing for a few months.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
It will end up on PS4 so its not exclusive for one...People want games made by first party...Not hard to understand...Why would anyone celebrate paying to keep games off another system? make your own to support your platform.
its not like that, and I guess you already know its not, as its been written multiple times.

microsoft is not paying to keep off playstation. ms is paying to have this for its customers.
they are in fact coding the xbox versions and even offer enhancements to bluehole should they want them.
this has been communicated not only from microsoft, but from bluehole too, and yet you are here shrinking this to "they moneyhat so I cant play the game"

and your opinion about what game people want and what game people dont want, well, thats just your opinion man :)

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
ARK:
Xbox game preview exclusive: Dec 2015
Xbox/PS4 full game release: Aug 2017

ELITE DANGEROUS:
Xbox game preview exclusive: Oct 2015
Xbox full game release: Oct 2016
Ps4 full game release: Jun 2017

PUBG:
Xbox game preview exclusive: Dec 2017
Xbox full game release: TBD
Ps4 full game release: TBD

I would argue to not read too much into stuff like this. Despite the length of negotiated exclusivity contracts, you also have to bear in mind that we're talking about relatively small dev teams here.

E.g. In E:D's case the team is small and spent a considerable amount of time and resources focusing on updating the core game on PC (their primary platform) before starting work on the PS4 port. So whilst it may look as if MS managed to get an almost two year exclusivity window, I would argue that a huge chunk of the delay in a PS4 release was due to a lack of dev resources to dedicate to the port, while still supporting the existing game, as opposed to additional exclusivity time as part of the agreement with MS.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
?? How many people are going to be buying xbox for a times exclusive...come on...It's not gonna have much of any impact. Xbox gains nothing only Pr and marketing for a few months.
IDk, word of mouth helped Halo save Microsoft when I was younger, that was before social media was a thing(might be lying? Was Myspace around then?). I'm not saying Microsoft is going to move 50 million consoles, but it would be naive to think they won't move consoles for a game that currently has 17 million people playing it

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

i think this is because people want MS to actually make some new exclusives themselves? they have a pretty fat wallet and a raft of IP's to pull from, i'm pretty sure they can afford one or 2 without resorting to moneyhattng games previously multiplatform (not that i think they have actually done that in regards PUBG)

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IDk, word of mouth helped Halo save Microsoft when I was younger, that was before social media was a thing(might be lying? Was Myspace around then?). I'm not saying Microsoft is going to move 50 million consoles, but it would be naive to think they won't move consoles for a game that currently has 17 million people playing it
Halo is a AAA exclusive ina time shooters were not big on console....PUBG is coming to PS4...I mean it could not be more different. It's Naive to think a game doing well on PC automatically means it will on console. The PC market is way different. Half of the steam userbase is in China for instance. So you think Xbox will geta boost from pubg when titanfall, halo, gears, and 4 years into the gen nothing else really did for a game that is going to come to ps4 anyway?

Oct 28, 2017

They are making their own to support their own platform. They have their own team working on the Xbox version.

Don't get upset because they didn't do it the way you wanted them to do it.

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are making their own to support their own platform. They have their own team working on the Xbox version.

Don't get upset because they didn't do it the way you wanted them to do it.
No one is upset...how do you converse with people in life with this smug attitude? You could learn how to discuss without the condescension. We disagree..that's it, deal.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Microsoft has announced that PUBG is console exclusive to Xbox One.
It would seem, from looking at the marketing material, that this applies to the early access version of the game. However, that is not 100% clear.

It'd be great of Microsoft to confirm if this is a 100% console exclusive, but given all the talk we've heard about the game it seems it may come to PS4 at a later date.
Unfortunately platform holders aren't in the habit of telling people when games will release on a competitor platform.

Right now nobody knows when a PS4 version is coming out. You can however buy the PC version today or the Xbox One version in December.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.