• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good. The way it should be as a fan. Something actually definitive and exciting to look forward to seeing.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they're willing to fill their front-and-center theater sections with Xbox diehard with shirts that have their own gamertag on the back, they'll be there to pop off with a car on stage and dozens of "world exclusives."
Those people are from Xbox Fanfest which is one of the best events to be in at E3 if you're lucky enough to win.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It always feels like a fun June Holiday with e3. I think even with 3rd party announcements, Microsoft will set a wonderful stage.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It always feels like a fun June Holiday with e3. I think even with 3rd party announcements, Microsoft will set a wonderful stage.
I hope they have 2 events. If they're going to have the majority of 3rd party games to present it would suck if less time got spent on the consoles and 1st party.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Yes it'll probably be on everything next year.

But I was referring to the poll here; https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-won-e3-2019.122507/

Final Final XV isn't even on the Switch, so unless you're hoping for Final Fantasy VII Remake Pocket Edition I wouldn't hold my breath.

And I'm a cactuar from Final Fantasy for fuck's sake, do I look like I'm about to wait a year for a 'probably' to play FFVII?

As far as your that poll goes, I say again...

Is Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to Nintendo? No, I mean Sony.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
E3 is still such a big part of my gaming news consumption. Its one of the only times where I refresh the news feed to see if anything new is announced or if I missed anything.

Happy to see MS at the very least will be holding it down.

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
You're bias is showing Cactuar (literally, on your user icon lol)
BUT, I am hyped for Final Fantasy VII Remake even if it's just 1/3 of the game.

Last edited:

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Well Sony and Nintendo have usually focused on first party or exclusive stuff.

And when they're not competing with Sony to secure third party games (because Sony aren't at E3), they'll probably have a presentation stacked with games that are coming to other platforms too.

Maybe for 2021 they'll have a robust enough first party lineup to carry an E3 presentation without it being so heavily reliant on stuff that you can play on PlayStation.

These are a strange series of comments from you. Disingenuous, even, since you know there's a next gen console launch incoming and they'll largely focus on that.

They've made great acquisitions, but a lot of those studios are tying up existing projects that were for other publishers etc. Or just shipped a game. Halo and Forza Motorsport will probably be there and be big deals though.

you're most likely to be mistaken if you expect the first party presence at E3 to be mainly Halo and Forza.

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested in the timing of all this. I don't think Sony can wait till after E3 to do a full PS5 reveal and I'm not sure if MS have revealed enough to not do something else before then also.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Cant wait to see more about Series X, but i kinda got tired of Microsoft PK, cause of:

- World premier
- Launch console exclusive

before every trailer, it's so annoying.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The cost to rent a different venue could buy some ms/xbox executives holidays so they won't waste money when they have there own venue which is one of the best for conferences.

They dont own the Microsoft Theater, they dont even run the Microsoft Theater.
They just payed to get their name on the box.

Funny you mention needing to rent another venue.....because thats exactly what they do with the Microsoft Theater.
It would be cheaper to be in in E3 for them than to rent out the Microsoft Theater.

Jun 23, 2019
Microsoft now had the opportunity to one up Sony in a lot of thing just like Sony did in 2013.

lol That's not how that works. Just last year even with Sony not showing up, they still managed to jump into headlines with some publications saying that Sony had won by not even showing up. MS needs to focus on what makes the XSX and Lockhart great and boost that up instead of trying to get into a pissing match with Sony because that's a battle they will handily lose at this point in time.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They trading blows these companies. Console warring is lame on a forum when people who have no stakes argue for multi-billion dollar corporations. But seeing the mouth pieces trading blows over next gen exclusives and game show appearances it shows they are pumped up for next gen.

Wonkertonk

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Warwick, England
Of course Microsoft are at E3..

The emphasis is on them to turn things around after a "poor" generation with the Xbox One--any and every public event to send the right message this time around is essential.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
What happens if Bethesda and Ubi decide not to attend? It will just be the MS show then

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if Bethesda and Ubi decide not to attend? It will just be the MS show then
They're not platform holders. They're software houses so they need the audience regardless if Sony are there or not. EA aren't at E3 but have an event at the same time. All major pubs will have a presence there or around E3

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I don't think it's a huge loss for Sony or anything but E3 is one of those faking traditions I'm sad about dying. There is something special about everyone having their eyes on the big 3 and some of it the other pubs as they show us the goods. E3 really was the great gaming pilgrimage for many.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I think it should be their last if their shit leaks again. It would be more effective for them if they could have their own show and have some surprises.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I think it should be their last if their shit leaks again. It would be more effective for them if they could have their own show and have some surprises.

Their E3 shows haven't really leaked since 2017, apart from one or two announcements. 2018 and 2019 had many surprises that weren't even rumored or hinted.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If i was MS it would inspire me to go all out at E3. I hope they take this opportunity by the reigns and run with it.

TomNinetyTwo

Oct 27, 2017
Solihull, UK
I really enjoy E3, it's nice to have a couple of days solid of fun conferences to watch, I think it's a real shame that PlayStation isn't attending as we've lost the only 'everyone's here' gaming event now.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As long as they're willing to fill their front-and-center theater sections with Xbox diehard with shirts that have their own gamertag on the back, they'll be there to pop off with a car on stage and dozens of "world exclusives."
Wow...someone sounds really bitter.

End of the day this is great for Sony and Microsoft, they can both announce their systems with out over shadowing each other. I'm sure people like the person I quoted will be out their measuring likes and refresh counts on blog articles as points for console wars but it's all part of the excitement of a new generation.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
E3 is like the gaming Christmas, you get genuine good moments like FF7 Remake reveal as well as funny moments like giant enemy crab. It's great.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Probably gonna be another year of Microsoft announcing a load of third party games/news that'll be on PlayStation anyway.

Doubtful. We know Halo will be a focus and I'm sure we will be getting some updates on what the new studios are working on and possibly a fable reveal. Last year they were holding back, I don't think that'll happen again.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
IllfatedImpoliteBarbet-size_restricted.gif