• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Or like John Linneman said on his twitter account, that cross gen games are being designed for base hardware with limitations that the new ones don't have. He mentioned Dead Rising 4 stating that it wasn't a looker but even so it still wouldn't have been able to run on the 360 without fundamental changes that extend beyond just resolution and effects.
You guys sound like there will be 100+ first party cross-gen for Xbox so they don't have time to full force XSX, but the reality is it will mostly 1 game for each studios at most, and they 100% develop it with PC in mind such as https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/halo-infinite-developed-pc-mind/amp/

Also I am sure they aware this since beginning, so they will have bunch of time to scale it down not scalebound.

In the end you didn't see most MS games for XSX,.why already judge it right now?

Oct 25, 2017
IllfatedImpoliteBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Amazing :D

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
USA Today, June 15th, "Microsoft's showing at E3 comes in the shadow of Sony's large reveal event for the Playstation 5, where Sony unveiled their new console for the first time"

the spotlight can be multiple places at once

you really think that Sony won't go to E3 and then turn around and do the reveal that week? Even they aren't THAT arrogant.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
User banned (1 day): Platform wars
E3 for MS will be beey interesting. Lets see how theyll push hard on their next console asking people to buy a machine that won't have full support for it until 2 years into its life cycle.

Though it does seem like it's something die hard fans are okay with, during most of the Ones cycle all it had going for was playing old previous gen games haha damn I kill myself sometimes.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm glad Microsoft are still going to be there. E3 is a great time of year. Myself and my son have made a night of it for the past 3 years and i hope this continues.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I'm glad Microsoft are still going to be there. E3 is a great time of year. Myself and my son have made a night of it for the past 3 years and i hope this continues.
In the grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't really matter. Me and my friends usually make an event out of e3, take off from work, hang out, order food. It's usually a really fun time. The one thing that I lose from one of the big 3 skipping e3 is having that concentrated time to make it an event for us. Like I won't take off just to see a sony event, but I'll take off to see all of the big 3 showing off their and trying to one up one another. I'll miss that the most.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is at E3? I don't know guys, this sounds worrying. The xsx might be their last console.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
"Warriors, come out and play."

I enjoy watching E3, mostly for the Microsoft conference. I've been predicting 2020 would be a good one for a few years now. Glad to see they will be there.

New console, (or two!) a ton of new studios.... should be great.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Cool, I am okay with E3 dying as I find it to be not needed, but I'll watch this. They need to bring the heat though cause my interest in Xbox is the lowest its ever been.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
looking forward to it, with Sony out it would be a huge mistake if they didn't capitalize on the opportunity.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Good, they do their announcements on Sunday when I'm usually around.

I don't expect their RPG teams (Obsidian & inXile) to be ready to show anything yet, but Double Fine, Compulsion and Playground's Fable team should be there to show something- maybe a tease for Initiative and early glimpse at Everwild, too?

Dream scenario would be also more back compat titles and some HD remakes done by a 3rd party studio like Sumo or Splash Damage- maybe Halo 5 and/or Rare Replay coming to Steam? Or even the Mistwalker games? Legacy support is Microsoft's strong point, they will probably want to double down on that in addition to their new studio's output.

Should be a good show. I'm sure some of the big 3rd party pubs will choose to save their reveals for Sony events/SoPs, but with a new gen coming we should hopefully still get some nice surprises.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Awesome. I'm still excited for E3 and hope it continues for many years.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see Halo Infinite in action already, the wait to E3 is gonna be tough.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Microsoft seizing the day right away... if Microsoft doesn't win this gen they wont win a gen ever, they have the power advantage, technology advantage with azure, complete backwards compability, they have new first parties studios, and e3 presence to give them the marketing edge in that wee and the awesome gamepass, the only thing that might kill them is not enough games or/and obscene price, if XEX ends up being 499.99 or about same price as ps5, with the competitive edge in third parties due to the rumoured 30% more power a good first party output and halo infinite does well (this is a BIG title), then Sony might never be able to catch up. I for one am already interested in xbox series X only because of the enhancements it could produce to games of this gen.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
So Microsoft seizing the day right away... if Microsoft doesn't win this gen they wont win a gen ever, they have the power advantage, technology advantage with azure, complete backwards compability, they have new first parties studios, and e3 presence to give them the marketing edge in that wee and the awesome gamepass, the only thing that might kill them is not enough games or/and obscene price, if XEX ends up being 499.99 or about same price as ps5, with the competitive edge in third parties due to the rumoured 30% more power a good first party output and halo infinite does well (this is a BIG title), then Sony might never be able to catch up. I for one am already interested in xbox series X only because of the enhancements it could produce to games of this gen.

What does winning a gen entail? Selling more consoles? I don't see Xbox selling more consoles than Playstation, however, that doesn't seem to be Microsoft's goal. They seem to have a different strategy and although selling consoles will help them quite a bit, I don't think that's their main focus anymore. They want people on their services more than anything and so I don't know how we can really say who wins a generation anymore.

I always assumed they were Microsoft staff?

They're fans who are there due to Fanfest. You can buy tickets to be at their conference and I think MS donates that money to charities or something.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

i definitely think they will be in much better standings than they were at the start of this generation. And im willing to bet the new xbox series consoles will outsell the xbox one's life time sales, but i dont think they will outsell sony again unless sony somehow massively fucks up with this generation, which i dont think they will.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I don't think they will "win" next gen until they sort their localization problems. At the same time they don't have to "win" the gen to be successful and like Nintendo MS is doing its own thing now that isn't as dependent on console sales. They are playing to their strengths in areas like cloud and infrastructure while shoring up holes like first party output. They have more work to do but at least they aren't following someone else's playbook anymore.

Feb 10, 2018
They dont own the Microsoft Theater, they dont even run the Microsoft Theater.
They just payed to get their name on the box.

Funny you mention needing to rent another venue.....because thats exactly what they do with the Microsoft Theater.
It would be cheaper to be in in E3 for them than to rent out the Microsoft Theater.

Oh. I thought ms owned it with it being called the Microsoft Theater an all.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does winning a gen entail? Selling more consoles? I don't see Xbox selling more consoles than Playstation, however, that doesn't seem to be Microsoft's goal. They seem to have a different strategy and although selling consoles will help them quite a bit, I don't think that's their main focus anymore. They want people on their services more than anything and so I don't know how we can really say who wins a generation anymore.

They're fans who are there due to Fanfest. You can buy tickets to be at their conference and I think MS donates that money to charities or something.
Selling more consoles yes, I think this is microsofts time to shine in first place if there ever was one.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see how this works alongside Sony's approach.

Skipping E3 suggests that a showing then would be redundant, so if Sony do the bulk of the PS5 reveals / show floor demos in March or April does Microsoft just sit tight until June? Or will Xbox split the reveals between an earlier one in that timeframe then a showing at E3?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
As a gaming fan, E3 is one of the most exciting times of the year. Always has been. It's not just about what it does for one particular company at one particular point in time. The energy around E3 has always been good for the industry as a whole.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
As a gaming fan, E3 is one of the most exciting times of the year. Always has been. It's not just about what it does for one particular company at one particular point in time. The energy around E3 has always been good for the industry as a whole.
Yep and it's a whole experience too. All the press conferences and Geoff Keighley's show where he interviews everyone. Then you have events taking place throughout the actual E3 week. A constant flow of news from everyone. Not a better time to be a gamer than during E3 week.