• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Probably best to wait for actual dates to be announced before making this sort of claim. Only four dates so far and that covers four of twelve months.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see they will have more content going forward. Hopefully in 2021 they can expand on that by adding more AAA-games. Some of these games are great, but aside from Halo theyre all AA or indie.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In for Ori and the Will of Wisps, Halo. Infinite and Psychonauts 2.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Ori was my most anticipated, but Tell Me Why shot up my my list after the reveal.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to imagine a Forza Motorsport won't release this fall along with the scarlet. It'll have be 3 years since Motorsport 7 released, so it's time.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't get why people hate what they've seen. This is so much more production than before. Remember the Kinect days? When Microsoft forced us at e3 to watch 7 year olds play with Kinect animals? I do. All of this is so incredibly exciting to me

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
God I love Game Pass. Halo is probably the only game on that list I'd buy but I'm definitely going to try a lot more now that they're included in my subscription.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Hard to imagine a Forza Motorsport won't release this fall along with the scarlet. It'll have be 3 years since Motorsport 7 released, so it's time.
Maybe they can do Scarlett updates for FH4 and FM7 and then drop FM8 in early 2021 and FH5 in 2022 that way Playground has time to breathe with their other project.

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019

I don't know if we are seeing Motorsport or Horizon first, but I am 100% sure that there will be a Forza game launching with Scarlet or at least releasing close to the console launch.

And some Microsoft Studios are completely silent for some time...

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't realize Wasteland 3 was that far away. They really pushed that game back. All the better.

In for MSFS, Psychonauts 2, Wasteland 3, Ori, Tell Me Why, Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics, and whatever AOE games come out.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox only has shooters > Xbox has too much variety
Xbox games are all brown and gray > Xbox games are too colorful
Xbox has no games > Xbox has no games I'm interested in
Xbox doesn't allow their studios to take risks > Xbox makes too many AA games

At least the shitposting is becoming more transparent.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I recognize some of the names from the X019 conference thread lol. This place sometimes when it comes to anything Xbox.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wonderful post. Like I'm witnessing cirque du soleil level of mental gymnastics.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

While shitposting is a thing, the bottom line is that they seem to have a problem with creating games this gen that really get large numbers of people excited about the Xbox.

That's ultimately their biggest problem, and in identifying that I think sometimes it comes out in the form of some of those lines you quoted.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Who cares what big launch game's there are, that whole time period of the year is ruled by wildly successful third party games.

Honestly will i be playing Halo day 1 on Scarlett? Maybe? But if a new Destiny, COD and Battlefield are out....it's going to be tough unless they make halo a GaaS, i need the hooks Microsoft, unleash the ever evolving world hooks

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
  1. February: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  2. March: Bleeding Edge
  3. April: Minecraft Dungeons (also on Switch and PS4)
  4. May: Wasteland 3 (published by Deep Silver)
  5. Spring 2020: Grounded
  6. Summer 2020: Tell me Why
  7. Holiday 2020: Halo Infinite
  8. TBA 2020: Psychonauts 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Wasteland Remaster...
To that, you can also add other 3P (timed) exclusives such as Crossfire X and other unannounced exclusive games.
In for Ori, Minecraft Dungeons, Grounded, Infinite, and Flight Swim.

Will probably play Tell me Why, Bleeding Edge, and Psychonauts.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
lol. I for one am very excited. This is what's crazy. 2019 wasn't a bad year for games and I think everyone can agree 2018 was great. It's CRAZY that people are still saying stupid things like Xbox has no games. 10-12 XGS games released next year? That's CRAZY. More than Sony any year this gen - even if I include Sony-published 3rd party games (excluding remasters cuz meh). Either way, happy to see the growth. Glad to see gaming grow across the board.

OP
OP
Noble

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
lol. I for one am very excited. This is what's crazy. 2019 wasn't a bad year for games and I think everyone can agree 2018 was great. It's CRAZY that people are still saying stupid things like Xbox has no games. 10-12 XGS games released next year? That's CRAZY. More than Sony any year this gen - even if I include Sony-published 3rd party games (excluding remasters cuz meh). Either way, happy to see the growth. Glad to see gaming grow across the board.

and to all that you can probably add Battletoads, content updates for released games and other unannounced games for next gen launch.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So only one truly big game and it's Halo again.

Gamers: "MS needs more games!!"
MS: [Makes lots of games]
Gamers: "NO NOT THOSE GAMES WTFFFFFF"

I mean I just can't take those types of arguments seriously. Ori is going to be excellent. Halo is looking to be great. We have Scarlett launch stuff to look forward to. Then, we have TLoU2, GoT, and other PS4 games and PS5 launch games. 2020 will be a great year, can we just acknowledge that without it being fanboy turf wars? Hell, I'm not even including Nintendo, which adds even more stuff!

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Poor Age of Empires and Microsoft Flight Simulator, relegated now in 2019 to be small IPs and not AAA anymore, Flight Simulator should push some cutscenes and AoE should put a third person mode "be the soldier" to them to be considered AAA I guess.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
No interest in these except Halo but definitely would like to see what big guns they have planned for Scarlet

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I like the variety they're going for. Big tentpole blockbusters in Halo and Forza, indie darlings in Ori and Tell Me Why, mass-appeal games in Bleeding Edge, Grounded and Minecraft, old school PC-assed PC games in Flight Simulator (GotY contender btw), Wasteland and Age of Empires, some fan pleasing cult appeal games in Psychonauts and Battletoads... considering this is the period where most publishers are winding down in prep for next gen, it's great to see.

I predict at least 3 titles nearing or surpassing a 90 metascore (Halo, Ori & MFS, maybe a Forza).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'll play Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Tell Me Why for sure. Also interested in Minecraft Dungeons and Psychonauts 2. Maybe will try Wasteland 3 and Bleeding Edge.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I see no mention of Gears Tactics in OP but still a pretty good job of rounding up what they've announced so far. I fully expect 3-5 more to be announced for 2020 because of Scarlett launch.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... Psychonauts 2 and Tell Me Why are the only ones that I'm interested in tbh.

Aren't Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 also releasing on PS4 btw? Might want to add that to OP too.

Vasto

May 26, 2019
2020 will be a really good year for Xbox Gamers.

Rumor has it that more new games will be announced next month at The Game Awards.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see myself buying many games in 2020. Honestly unless it's a favorite franchise, I don't see the point in paying $50-$60 for a game anymore.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Or...Xbox doesn't have exclusives I want to play and since it does almost the same thing as PS...

that's a legitimate reasonable stance especially this gen. You going to call someone a fanboy if they feel the same next year? I can tell you, all I want to play from that lineup is Ori and potentially halo.

real simple my guy, no need to start crap posting about potential bad post, it just welcomes nonsense and bad discussion. Defending is just like warriors, play the stuff u like. and the only reason there's so much console wars between Xbox & PS is because they essentially do the same thing.