• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Literally had to drive over 2 hours to find a store that had an extra Xbox controller for new about 4 months ago here in Australia. I was aware that there were shortages for at least the last 6 months but I had no idea it was that bad and by all reports still is here

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
It's been the same thing here, only controllers I see are the PowerA junk. Would love to hear from Microsoft on what's going on.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Dang they are like overflowing in the US lol. Local Walmart is chuck full of them

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
My local retailer where I live in Australia just got some stock in (only white available) last week...... first time they had, had any stock since October last year.

Nov 3, 2017
That's weird. It's probably nothing but the conspiracy theory here would be that a controller refresh could be imminent.
If we follow this hypothetical scenario through, then the various shortages could be why nothing was mentioned at the showcase.

The more probable scenario is that the shortages are to blame for current destock.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's what hurts. And I get that this is PS country, but thats not going to change if you dont provide the people that did buy into your ecosystem with basic accessoires.

You'd expect that at least the Xbox/Microsoft stores would have supply though, regardless of platform popularity in the region, but they too have been largely out of or low on stock. Aside from that, the Series S and X have had better availability than the controllers for them, which makes me think it's something specific about the controllers that's the issue.

Edit: seems your thread may have inspired this?

www.gamereactor.eu

Xbox Series S/X controller seems to be out of stock in Europe

Not even the Microsoft Store seems to be selling any.

As noticed on social media, it seems like the Xbox Series S/X controller is sold out across Europe. All options, which includes the basic black and white standard alternatives being gone as well. We did a quick survey amongst our Gamereactor editors across Europe, and we all got the same result; Nothing, nada, niente, nichts. Not even the Microsoft Store is selling controllers.

And:

game-news24.com

Xbox: The wireless controller is almost nowhere in Europe - Game News 24

The official statement made in the ResetEra forums seems to have a real effect. Xbox wireless controllers are from Microsoft, so they are almost impossible to

The official statement made in the ResetEra forums seems to have a real effect. Xbox wireless controllers are from Microsoft, so they are almost impossible to buy when shopping online, and particularly on demand.

Maybe Microsoft will provide some kind of comment.

Last edited:

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
I had a colleague from the gaming department in the store where I work tell me we're not getting any new xbox controllers before october. And we are one of the bigger electronics retailers in Europe. He couldnt tell me the reason though.

kyoP

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know about the rest of Europe but their usual way to get the controllers from China to the Eastern European market leads through Ukraine, by train. Let's hope they have a new plan.

Nov 11, 2020
Glad to finally see a thread about this. I've been trying to get one for a few months now to use with my laptop to play Halo. Had absolutely no luck whatsoever, so bought a DualSense instead (I have a PS4, but didn't want to buy another DS4 as I'm hoping to get the Series X in about a year, thus why I wanted the Xbox pad).

As well as the folks in this thread saying as much, I've also had my friends online tell me they're available everywhere across the pond, so what's the deal with the shortage in Europe?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I discovered this when my Series S/X controller developed some bad analog stick issues recently and I went to try and buy a replacement.

May 14, 2021
Really hoping this is because they're going to release new controllers that don't suck. Literally every single co troller of theirs I've used this gen doesn't register presses of A or Y properly. Either it doesn't register, or it registers twice.

OP
OP
phonicjoy

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Edit: seems your thread may have inspired this?

www.gamereactor.eu

Xbox Series S/X controller seems to be out of stock in Europe

Not even the Microsoft Store seems to be selling any.

And:

game-news24.com

Xbox: The wireless controller is almost nowhere in Europe - Game News 24

The official statement made in the ResetEra forums seems to have a real effect. Xbox wireless controllers are from Microsoft, so they are almost impossible to

Hahaha glad to provide an "official statement" to the press.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
In the U.S. it is pretty easy to get Xbox controller though from Amazon they seem to be hard to get. Target and Walmart websites seem to have them. Hopefully the supply gets better in Europe.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Half the colors are Amazon are not available at all. And the colors that are available don't ship until late July / early August. Insanity.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Hmm, I ordered one through Xbox Design Lab, wonder if it'll actually arrive. No problem ordering one and the site still claims to ship within 28 days.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be some stock again. At least in my country. Estimated delivery is a month but whatever. Get 'em while you can, friendos.