• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Going through the latest episode now and man, this is a really enjoyable listen.

Really liked the deep dive we got into Moon and Thomas sounds like a very down to earth person.

It's always fascinating to hear a creator talk about creating.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Listening to ep 8, should have had a thread for the ep alone. Loads of juice from a great moon interview.

love it, see you at X019
(if DMs are going for the Discord let me know ;) )

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to ep 8, should have had a thread for the ep alone. Loads of juice from a great moon interview.

love it, see you at X019
(if DMs are going for the Discord let me know ;) )

Feel free to make one, we could use the subs/publicity.

I'd ping Shpeshal Ed here or via Twitter, he'll get you in!

I'll be at the Thursday night event in an Xboxera t-shirt.

DuoRox

Oct 28, 2017
Love the podcast, browsing on the webpage i saw that you guys don't have a favicon yet.
I think the W of wordpress does not give it a good look. :p small nitpick I know.
Looking forward to the next one!

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Love the podcast, browsing on the webpage i saw that you guys don't have a favicon yet.
I think the W of wordpress does not give it a good look. :p small nitpick I know.
Looking forward to the next one!

But we do! It should be displayed like this in all browsers (certainly is in mine!)

tcfFQDk.png

And also, thanks for the kind words!

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Monday's commute sorted. Always a good listen.

Is this the last one for the year or are you still planning on putting one out between Xmas and New Year's Eve? Didn't you have a guest lined up or did that get postponed?

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Monday's commute sorted. Always a good listen.

Is this the last one for the year or are you still planning on putting one out between Xmas and New Year's Eve? Didn't you have a guest lined up or did that get postponed?

Next episode is scheduled for December 29th, and we'll have the dev responsible for The Falconeer, Tomas Sala.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Bumping for the last episode and also to say that Rock n' Roll Racing is legit and you all should play it.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Dan Houser is the co-founder and president of creativity at Rockstar Games. As well as producing video games, Houser was the head writer for Rockstar Games, being the lead for Bully, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3. He has also written, or co-written, almost all of the titles in the Grand Theft Auto series.

On 4 February 2020, Rockstar Games' parent company, Take-Two Interactive, announced his resignation from Rockstar Games, and that it will take effect starting 11 March 2020. The rumours are that Dan Houser was not happy with the pressure Take-Two Interactive is putting upon Rockstar Games to increase their output of games.

My question to you guys running the podcast is should Phil Spencer pull out all stops to bring Dan Houser to Xbox Game Studios, even if this means building a studio from the ground up around him like they did The Initiative with Darrell Gallagher?

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Shpeshal Ed mentioned Compulsion Games in the latest podcast and how quiet they have been. I have included some links below which includes 2 exciting developers hired as well as The Iron Lords Podcast from January which had a special guest from Compulsion Games. Maybe the XboxERA Podcast could get Naila Hadjas on as a special guest?

Compulsion Games Hires AAA Talent for Unannounced New IP

"The first new hire is Dominique Cote, who previously worked for Eidos-Montréal on games like Thief(2014), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Cote has joined Compulsion as of this month with the role of Senior Technical Artist. Another new Compulsion dev is Maxim Archetto, who worked alongside Cote on Thief and Deus Ex and previous to that spent time at Ubisoft. Archetto specializes in quest-building and narrative design and joins Compulsion as the Senior Narrative Designer."

Compulsion Games is hiring for its next IP

Compulsion Games Community Developer Naila Hadjas | Sony Skips E3 Again | Last of Us 2 to PC also?

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to post this - new episode for all the specs news last week.

Also - for those on google podcasts, we should be live there now too!

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New episode:

Join Sikamikanico, Shpeshal Ed, Kaironaut and special guest Karisma Williams from Microsoft. We discuss her career in the games industry, Minecraft Dungeons, Microsoft's Backwards Compatibility VS the rest of the industry, upcoming PS5 show, Project Stamina, Harry Potter RPG, Project Mercury, Xbox and Sega, the Rumourmill and Community Questions. Hold on to your butts, it's a long one

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The latest episode has Chris Mcentee, lead designer at Moon Studios (Ori) as a guest.

00:00:10 - What we've been playing - Animal crossing again!
00:07:20 - Ubisoft/rayman/Ori 2 history

00:11:10 - How does level design work in Ori 2?

00:22:30 - Nintendo / Rayman / Super Metroid influence
00:27:30 - Ori 2 DLC possible? (no!)
00:31:20 - COVID-19 and Moon
00:34:50 - E3 - The digital way is the better way.
00:39:00 - Grounded, Early Access and Making 'Stuff'
00:53:30 - Lockhart / Console design / PS5 / Switch
01:10:00 - Mario Oddysey VS BOTW - Game design discussion.
01:35:50 - Cuphead TV Show
01:39:50 - Ori 2 Speedruns
01:51:30 - #CommunityQuestions

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It's the one year anniversary for the XboxEra podcast which spawned from this very thread. Thanks to Shpeshal Ed Sikamikanico and... Figments (!?) for all the time and effort. To another year of podcasts!

00:00:15 - Happy Birthday to us! Opencritic acceptance! Kairo is Figments now!

00:09:30 - What we've been playing.

00:20:30 - Nick tries VR at last.

00:33:50 - July 23rd - Xbox show.

00:45:30 - Mega Construx - Halo Infinite Toys.

00:53:40 - Rumourmill!

01:03:00 - Xbox play at home.

01:06:00 - CommunityQuestions!

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
I've been listening to this for the past few weeks (since the Ed Fries episode). I enjoy it.

I also really enjoyed the episode with the Hypercharged guy. He was very enthusiastic and proud of his team's work.

They usually stream it on Youtube on a Saturday night (UK time), so it's nice to have it on the background.

Tonight's episode features Tom Warren, Senior Editor at The Verge.

www.youtube.com

The XboxEra Podcast | LIVE | Episode 121 - "Challenging Business Models"

If you could help out friend of the community CreakyLegs and check out the GoFundMe below:https://www.gofundme.com/f/Donations4Cat?member=10204630&sharetype=...