• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
With the right marketing it can be
I bet to disagree. It's surely a good thing but a company want a "loyal" game community. Crossplay it's a big risk for that. Especially when it's the biggest in the console market. Of course the company should be more honest and say what they really think about it but PR is such a stupid thing.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Well duh. Sony capitalized on MS bullshit xbox one plans at the start of the generation too. And they did it to great effect as well. Don't give your competitors shit to throw back in your face especially when we're about to hit the reset button within a couple years time with a new hardware around the corner.

Yes it did, but for me it comes down to this: as a gamer I give way more relevance to a great exclusive catalogue rather than a crossplay mechanic. It's just how I see things.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
If Multiplayer games are becoming a Extended Service... I don't think it's too unreasonable to want Cross Play... at the very least your account for the game(s) should be Platform agnostic.

Only Sony seem to be really against this.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This thread isn't about crossplay. It's about a desperate attempt of one of Microsoft's execs to shit on Sony although they themselves aren't any better.

Your post wasn't about that tweet. It was a desperate attempt to shit on MS even though Sony themselves aren't any better.

;)

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread isn't about crossplay. It's about a desperate attempt of one of Microsoft's execs to shit on Sony although they themselves aren't any better.
Your post is a desperate attempt to redefine what the thread is about. But given many posts in this thread, one can get the idea it's not about crossplay.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
i am now even more curious, why do they want cross play so bad, if MS are truly for the gamers, there are other things they could do, let them focus on themselves and stop poking nose
Cross play with PS4 would benefit Xbox a lot

Not only will they get a larger online user base for games but also

Say a person wants to buy Xbox but his friends play on PS4 online and he wants to play with them, that means the person will have to buy PS4 instead. But with Cross Play that person can just instead buy Xbox

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goal posts keep changing. I still remember when it was 'listen to gamers and remove forced Kinect'.

They do this and the whataboutism would move to 'make online free'.
well really, the goal post is just, 'listen to gamers complaints' like making F2P free like the competition

wouldn't you want a company to make an effort to fix complaints?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He's wrong, Sony is listening to their customers, at least the more vocal ones. The bad part is that they will champion Sony for anything that they do.

Mike Ibarra should invest more time taking notes on what MS could do to please gamers and take them back from PS ecosystem instead of whining about what Sony should do.
God, I honestly hope MS doesn't take anything from how Sony does things.

Continuing improving what they are doing, all all for it, be a copy cat to Sony would be no good for anyone

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First post nails it, as usual. It's not surprising that the usual suspects have resorted to whataboutisms and deflection to defend Papa Sony. I mean, why is it the same people every time:

These people are going to have a very hard time next gen. Fanboy bullshit is serious business. Sad thing is I didn't even quote 'em all.

Yep, exactly. The sheer and utter unwavering devotion is mind-shattering.

This shitpost belonged in my earlier pile but deserves special attention. From the whataboutism to straight talesfromyourass FUD, lol. Please explain how lack of crossplay on PS4 is more if a problem for Xbox owners and Microsoft? "Crying about it," yikes. I know, certain devotees can't be rational, but I am curious to hear your explanation. Go on.

John Bender doesn't own an Xbox, so he wouldn't know. He has said it before. Funny but not unusual to see his deflection contributions here or shitposts in any Xbox-related thread.

Edit: beaten

Erm, bonus points:

lol
tf2rdy
I'm not defending either one of them as they both are doing things that they shouldn't. But it looks poor on your part when you complain about someone else being anti consumer when you have anti consumer ways as well. Then again I wouldn't expect an Xbox fanboy like yourself to understand this.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Sorry Mike, but Sony doesn't need too or have too. You'll be far better off making sure more PC and XBox One games support the feature

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I never claimed that Sony was any better though. ;-)

If we take that to it's inevitable conclusion though, neither was Mike? He said 'Still not listening to gamers. All games should be cross-play...' or whatever. Regarding that specific issue, yeah, MS are clearly doing more than Sony. He's not wrong to argue it. MS can do a hundred pig headed things. Doesn't mean they're wrong to state that cross-play is universally good for gamers. Deflecting by bringing up XBLG fees for online multiplayer and, heaven forbid, first party AAA games is the literal definition of trying to derail a thread. But whatever, you do what's important to you mate.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
First post nails it, as usual. It's not surprising that the usual suspects have resorted to whataboutisms and deflection to defend Papa Sony. I mean, why is it the same people every time:

And Microsoft "isn't listening to gamers" when it comes to providing a slew of great exclusives this generation. It's fun to point fingers.

I hate it when companies talk about other companies. Fix your own bullshit first.

These people are going to have a very hard time next gen. Fanboy bullshit is serious business. Sad thing is I didn't even quote 'em all.
tf2rdy

Why am I going to have a hard time next gen? Worldwide Studios isn't going anywhere...

Sony are in the wrong on cross play, I agree. But to put everyone in a 'fanboy' box who also acknowledges Microsoft have their own problems too, is bananas.

Microsoft have poor exclusives, Nintendo are shit at online infrastructure, Sony are arrogant about cross play. All these companies have their own issues, so maybe don't throw stones if you live in a glass house?

Tiberius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
All this generation the ms people have been in reaction of trend, not leading it
The cross play drama is just smoke and mirror to hide their lack of games and new AAA ip

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If we take that to it's inevitable conclusion though, neither was Mike? He said 'Still not listening to gamers. All games should be cross-play...' or whatever. Regarding that specific issue, yeah, MS are clearly doing more than Sony. He's not wrong to argue it. MS can do a hundred pig headed things. Doesn't mean they're wrong to state that cross-play is universally good for gamers. Deflecting by bringing up XBLG fees for online multiplayer and, heaven forbid, first party AAA games is the literal definition of trying to derail a thread. But whatever, you do what's important to you mate.
The difference between me an Mike is that i'm not an official spokesperson and didn't try to stir up a fanboy war by making hypocritic statements. I'm just calling him out for doing that.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread wouldn't have derailed with folks admiting the hypocritical position of Microsoft, rather that arguing "what about folks pointing the hypocritical position of Microsoft".

:P

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Before or after your attempted derailment?

Because it sure as hell wasn't about that before. But as always this topic went in the direction I expected. Fanboys running wild to defend a corporation that doesn't care about them despite it hurting them as a gamer.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
function scrollToId(selector, offset = 60) { window.scroll(0, document.querySelector(selector).offsetTop - offset); return false } These people are going to have a very hard time next gen. Fanboy bullshit is serious business. Sad thing is I didn't even quote 'em all.
Hmm I've never had a hard time with any generation yet so not sure what you're getting at here? Only way I'd have a hard time in a generation is if I only owned an Xbox One as the exclusive output has been pathetic. In one year I already have more great exclusives for my Switch than I do in 5 years on my Xbox One. Microsoft needs to stop worrying so much about Cross-Play.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
So, everyone is in favor of crossplay (as there are no real negatives). Why has this thread ended up in console warring?

We should unite as gamers and fight for crossplay. And we should unite in fighting paying for online.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If you dont want gamers to be able to play with each other across systems. Something I wanted since PS2 and the first Xbox...then that's on you being a console warrior basically.

You care more about being pro Sony than uniting all the platforms. All the planets aligned with Fortnite and Sony fucked that shit up.

People can say Cross Play is a non issue to the masses but that's because the masses are clueless to the possibilities. If you told two friends with two different systems

"would you be cool with playing with each other in the same match?"

They are going to say yes. Cross Play would prevent that Sony base from buying Xbox's or Nintendo's, but they don't think that far ahead.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
What I don't understand, if Sony is so against crossplay, why don't they block all platforms? As far as I know, they allow crossplay with PC, iOS and Android platforms, they are only blocking XBOX and Switch. If Sony is afraid that all the future Fortnite V-bucks purchases are going to be made through Microsoft or Nintendo stores, I see the mobile devices a bigger threat for them than the consoles.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, Sony themselves basically say they're not listening to gamers about cross play.

Status
Not open for further replies.