• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you be purchasing

• Playstation 5

Votes: 1,938 52.8%
  • XBOX Series X

Votes: 985 26.8%
  • Both in due course

Votes: 745 20.3%

• Total voters

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
At launch? Neither, but Sony has always had the games I wanted to play and has always been my system of choice. So eventually PS5

I honestly couldn't give a damn about how many flops a system has, because as always GAMES are what matter. It's the same reason why I'm gonna get a switch this year. It has a ton of games that I want.

either way, hopefully everyone is happy with their purchase, and they get the games they want

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Ps5 only because Japanese game support for pc isn't where I want it. If it wasn't for that I would only stick with Nintendo and pc.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
With how underwhelming that PS5 tech reveal was, I'm going to wait for a more consumer-focused event to see what feature set the PS5 will come with and what games are available at launch.

I'm already really disappointed that it sounds like I'll get no enhancements or boosts on my PS4 games on PS5, which leaves the door open to Sony and publishers to try and resell me PS5 versions of games I already own. If that's the tactic yet again, I may even sit out the launch and get a PS5 a year or two out.

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
PS5. I'm already heavily invested in Sony ecosystem. Although, I'll buy XSX too down the road few years later.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
PS5
Games are more than just specs
PS5 is powerful enough. Sony is known for doing a lot with a little
Will most likely be cheaper
Amazing load times

Will be purchasing multiplatform games on PC anyway.. 3900X+Newest AMD/Nvidia GPU done.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'm gonna go with the more powerful box with games from a bunch of newly acquired studios that I really like. XSX.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
As a PS2 -> 360 -> PS4 owner, I think I might be going back to Microsoft.

From Gamepass, Xbox shifting to a Platform (XSX and XSS), Microsoft developing a true premium console out of the gate and investing in their first party studios, they're firing on all cylinders.

PS5 reveal was slightly disappointing, to be honest, and I even expected they'd have the weaker console.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Playstation. I enjoy their first party games the most and them combined with Switch gets me the most Japanese games.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
PC for Xbox/Most Multiplatform titles and PS5 for the Exclusive stuff. Series X sounds great though.

Oct 27, 2017
Not at launch if the whole backwards compability thing isn't fixed near launch.

My PS4 was going to be sold for the PS5 but if I can't play my backlog then I am waiting.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
if there is >= 100$ price difference in favor of ps5, ps5 first xbox later.
if not xbox first ps5 later

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
Xbox Series X, better specs, full XB1 BC, gamepass. Im allready into the Xbox ecosystem and won't change.

pratyush1991

Jan 9, 2020
Sony because I don't play teraflops unfortunately. Games matter to me and Sony exclusives for me personally are better.

To be honest I still don't have any idea what a Teraflop is. Didn't care and don't care at the moment. Also Cerny was of opinion that higher clocks works better so i guess will see. If it hits 400 dollar mark, then it is game set and match for me personally.

Xbox series X I will buy eventually for its exclusives if they turned out to be good

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I don't buy consoles for the specs so PS5 was always my choice. But i was expecting...more yeah.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I sat out this gen although did have a good PC (1080ti). Next gen I'm going Xbox because of Game Pass. As someone who doesn't want to spent a ton on gaming the value proposition is too damn high. If Sony introduces something similar then I may well look in their direction as I'm slightly more interested in PS exclusives than MS ones (particularly as I have a good enough PC to play them there).

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
At launch? None.

PS5 is a lock because of the games.

XSX depends on if a buy a PC or not (have to compare prices and performance). Microsoft did a great job though.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 clearly. That speed, plus full BC in legacy mode with a boost mode for games with a growing library, plus Sony exclusives. Its no question.

Murdock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
yall know Xbox not gonna be like this gen and have no games. It why they bought them developers. Now that along with more power and better backwards compatibility and game pass? Not even close. Xbox day one.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
ps5.

the last time i bought an xbox i didn't even use it. pretty much the same how i feel with nintendo system. and im trying to limit how i spend money. but lets be real. im waiting for the taco bell contest.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
I prob won't be buying any at launch, was going for PS5 but I'm afraid it will be a jet engine again.
A little disappointed, it has to be 399$ if it's that much weaker.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Both of course, even before any spec reveals or game reveals. Price or availability may push one back a month or two but I'll get them both eventually. Will probably get the Xbox first because I have all their games on gamepass plus all of the third party stuff.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PS5. Way more interested in their potential games than anything Xbox has.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
after going ps4 last time at the start of last gen, i've been pretty much all aboard the MS train after getting a 1x and gamepass. best set-up in gaming at the moment.

and everything they've shown with the xsx hasn't swayed me from that. which looks like a very powerful machine, while still giving life/value to my xbox one library. so i'm getting that day one. and then a ps5 a few years down the road for their great exclusives.

win-win.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Tentatively selecting PS5 as i'm assuming I will want the games they make, but its not out of the realm of possibility I get an xbox someday, and its also possible i get neither and continue only gaming on PC.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X

Games will most likely run better on it, and most importantly, it will play my entire library of Xbox games. I'm very surprised that Sony won't guarantee 100% backwards compatibility. It makes me not want to invest in the PlayStation platform.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
For me, I don't really know which one will perform better due to that IO throughput differential. And we don't know the looks of the PS5.

But most importantly, we don't know the games, so I can't yet decide this yet.