• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you be purchasing

• Playstation 5

Votes: 1,938 52.8%
  • XBOX Series X

Votes: 985 26.8%
  • Both in due course

Votes: 745 20.3%

• Total voters

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that we've arrived at a point where enough knowledge is out there about both machines to make an informed decision, which console are you picking up at launch or otherwise? Multi console purchase is obviously a valid response hence the poll choice.

Spec comparison courtesy of IGN

uk.ign.com

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X Comparison Chart - PlayStation 5 Guide - IGN

The PS5 vs. Xbox Series X Comparison Chart provides an easy visual aid to compare hardware, user interface, media compatibility and other features of the

AlWqyrz.jpg

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
waiting on the launch games
but if nothing interesting an xbox for sure

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both at launch. PS5 is disappointing on many fronts but I don't really care, it's all about exclusives for me with Sony consoles.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
None for me (which should of been a poll choice).
I'm more than happy with my current PS Pro + Switch combo.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
PS5. Ultimately I will be pleased enough with the specs. I reckon it will be priced $100 less than the XSX, and the main issue is that MS just don't excite me from a software perspective, although keen to see what their new studios offer. And having said that, impressed with the XSX hardware, if not the box design - though fuction over form obviously!

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
One of them could have SNES specs and I would pick it if it had the better games.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I choose the option : Wait and see the games while admiring the console war from above.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
BOTH

but XSX is a beast not only by Hardware but software also with new features such as VRS, DirectStorage for optimal use of SSD etc ...

Civzy

Mar 21, 2019
I'll 100% own both for sure. Which one I buy is 100% down to price (minus hypothetical Lockhart -- won't get that).

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Plan on getting both sometime down the road but after that hour of misery I'm leaning towards more Xbox

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
It's all about the first party games so PS5 probably, but I won't get any of them at launch lol.

The only upcoming MS game I'm interested in is the Flight Sim, but that's on pc too :P

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know..maybe neither

Not happy with the BC on the PS5 and it is weaker.

And I'm not an xbox fan...

Soo...guess we'll have to wait till we see games

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
We have literally zero info about games and price.

Impossible to make an informed guess.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
At launch the PS5.
I might buy an Xbox later, but I'll be waiting for the software on that first.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 as always. The specs didn't excite me much, aside from the 3D audio. The games will be where its at though.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
This generation showed that Xbox is a better platform for me so I'm moving to Xbox. But I'll have to play Yakuza and Persona somehow so maybe both.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
First 5 then SX at a later date. I'm done choosing and I'll just get both but I have an X/PC to keep me in the loop with the exclusives/older tiles.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Probably both because I am stupid

But Elden Ring + game pass + yakuza gamepass with an SSD means I am heavily leaning XSX first. Probably won't do PS5 until there are some very strong exclusives

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Historically there have been far more games that I find interesting from Sony first party studios. so PS5 for me.
Thinking what the Media Molecule guys could do with this system makes me very exited for this next generation.