• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Future-Redeemed.jpg

It's not clear what the future holds for the Xenoblade series, but the director, Tetsuya Takahashi has confirmed that the story that started in the first game is officially finished with this DLC. Whether it will go the route of starting a brand new story in the same universe – like what Kingdom Hearts 4 appears to be doing – remains to be seen, but if this did happen to be the final thing we ever got in the Xenoblade franchise, I would be thoroughly satisfied. Future Redeemed is the perfect end to a perfect story.
Sports Illustrated (10/10)

Just like it did with the excellent Torna – The Golden Country, Monolith Soft has given us a carefully refined prequel experience here, adding to and improving upon core combat and exploration elements that were already best-in-class. Xenoblade Chronicles 3's delightful battle system feels better than ever, its stunning landscapes are packed full of exploration that's been reinvigorated thanks to the new Affinity system and there's enough emotion and revelations packed in to satisfy the most ardent of Xenoblade fans. It also provides something of a clean slate going forward for this most intriguing of franchises. Where will the world of Xenoblade take us next? We cannot wait to find out.
NintendoLife (10/10)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed is a fantastic addition to the Xenoblade Chronicles saga. It ties up the story so far in a nice thematic bow, with equal amounts of new additions and returning favorites. The combat system is tighter and incredibly satisfying, and is even tied to exploration to make you feel like you're always growing. Once again, I can't wait to see what Monolithsoft cooks up next.
Gaming Trend (95/100)

If you came here looking for anything but glowing praise, you came to the wrong place. All the work that Takahashi has put into building his world pays off beautifully here with a fun, rewarding nostalgia trip, the most refined gameplay in the series, and the same beautiful look and sound we're accustomed to. Frankly, my biggest criticism is that I wanted more. Future Redeemed may close the door on one chapter of the Xenoblade Chronicles saga, but hopefully it won't be too long before Monolith Soft opens another and I get just that—more Xenoblade.
RPG Fan (92/100)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed pulls from key narrative moments across the series and creates a magnificent narrative that ties up loose ends. It relies heavily on series knowledge, making it the perfect expansion for fans who have stuck with the series for so many years. The unique features allow it to differentiate itself from the base game, but the lack of party variety seems like an oversite. Still, this was a fantastic conclusion to this adventure, and it has me eager to experience the next chapter.
Noisy Pixel (9/10)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed is the answer to fans' dreams, as well as a solid bridge that inextricably links the first two numbered chapters of the franchise to the third. Indeed, to be completely precise, Tetsuya Takahashi has seized the opportunity to bring order to the continuity of "Xeno" and establish once and for all what is or is not part of it. Whether it's the end of the long narrative arc that began on Wii way back in 2010 or just the beginning of a new (Xeno) saga, Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed is undoubtedly an obligatory stop for any fan of the brand, who after years of doubts and speculations will find more or less all the coveted answers. A passionate love letter that we had hoped to read last year and which despite the delay has finally reached our homes.
Everywhere.it (8.5/10)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed is a phenomenal expansion and perfect finale for the Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy. It is brilliantly-paced and has none of the issues prior releases have, making it even better than Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
The Mako Reactor (10)

If mods think the title doesn't work, then they can change it as they please I don't mind. This is a review thread first and foremost.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'm sure it's good. I have yet to dive into this series for the most part but I own them all and will get to them one day.

But I feel like this is kind of where the whole idea of comparing games scores falls apart. It's the DLC expansion of the third game in a series. Even amongst reviewers odds are if you are covering this at all it's because you're a fan, ya know? It's based on 8 reviews. It's not like this is something outlets are generally covering. So of course those who are tend to be the ones who will rate it high.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
it deserves a 0/10 for rex's shitty little beard

but a 10/10 for shulks glorious hair

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Excited to get to it!

Haven't started it yet due to it releasing so close to Zelda. Don't want to have to rush through it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is feels like jumping the gun, given that it only has 8 reviews.

I'm sure its score will remain high. But pointing out that it's the highest rated game of the year with so few reviews (which isn't likely to change since it's a DLC and not a full release) and then adding the additional caveat of "remakes don't count" feels like a leap.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
SHHHHHHHHH!!! This thing has gotten me 21 points in Fantasy Critic, I wanna keep it that way. I just know if a bunch of people review it that rating is dropping to an 83 or something dumb like Torna has.

Oct 25, 2017
The only problem with this DLC is that it's kinda short but if that's the biggest problem with your game then you did an incredible job.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Did you seriously make a thread about this for a small release that has a grand total of EIGHT reviews now? Cmon, I love Xeno too but this seems a bit too eager.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Its 8 reviews and its expansion DLC which will already have it's own kind of selection bias.

It's super good though. If you like the franchise you'll probably love it, highly recommended.

JAlpsWanderer

Oct 27, 2017
It was a really great game, for certain. But stuff like this is hardly a measure of its quality given the low amount of reviews. I suspect more reviews would temper that score a little more.

Sooooo not a game, it's just very good DLC

It uses some of the base systems from the main game, but it's technically its own game (even if the main game/past titles are probably required to appreciate it fully )

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I had to check if you were the OP of 'The House in Fata Morgana port on Switch is the highest rated game of all time (with 6 reviews (and anither thread made when it got 7))' thread.

You weren't.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
It's like Blood and Wine, meaning a new game sold as expansion.
Since when was Blood and Wine a new game? Literally everyone calls it a DLC or an expansion. Literally on its description in steam from the developers "Blood and Wine is the final expansion for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — an award-winning role-playing game set in a vast fantasy open world."

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
It was a really great game, for certain. But stuff like this is hardly a measure of its quality given the low amount of reviews. I suspect more reviews would temper that score a little more.

It uses some of the base systems from the main game, but it's technically its own game (even if the main game/past titles are probably required to appreciate it fully )
It's technically and by definition a dlc / expansion if you cant buy / play it seperately.

And i'm sure the reviews take that into account when giving scores

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I should really go back to the original at some point, I stopped playing somewhere after you get the boat because I was getting serious job/side-quest fatigue.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
It is THAT good. Wonderful epilogue to the Xenoblade trilogy and the best DLC yet compared to Torna and Future Connected.

I mean, I'm sure it's enormous and fantastic, but it's still DLC.

This is not the highest rated game of 2023, because it's not a game lol
It is for all intents and purposes, it's a completely new map with a completely new party set before Xenoblade 3. I'm surprised it wasn't sold standalone like Torna, it's 20/30 hours long.

OP
OP
Homura

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I compared Future Redeemed to Blood and Wine exactly because while they're expansions you cannot play without the base game, they have a whole new game worth of content.
In my mind they're for all intents and purposes new games, with their own review scores (metacritic/opencritic pages) and their own merits.
Hell, Blood and Wine won Best RPG at the game awards :P

JAlpsWanderer

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'm sure it's enormous and fantastic, but it's still DLC.

This is not the highest rated game of 2023, because it's not a game lol

I guess.
But the definitions are getting fuzzy here.
It is a work attached to another work.

Like if you attached a 17 chapter prequel story to the end of your 40 chapter novel that could technically be sold as a novella, even though you'd probably want to read the main work first. I feel like we're getting into semantics.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Didn't know it scored this well. I mean I was going to get it regardless (after Zelda) but it's nice to have something great to look forward to (after Zelda).

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Having never played the series, it seemed like the games were fan-service and anime-trope heavy. Is that not the case?

Ostrav

Feb 14, 2023
I'll get to it eventually. There has been a lot to play recently though.
Plus i kinda fell off the main game but should get back to it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Having never played the series, it seemed like the games were fan-service and anime-trope heavy. Is that not the case?
really only for the second game in the series.

3 (and this DLC) are perfectly fine

As much as I love 2 it's really sad it made this is the overall image of the series for some. For lack of a better term, they're really quite… prestigious feeling games. 3's cutscenes are among the best and most classy in the industry

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Only Xenoblade 2. If you look past that, there's an actually deep story interconnecting them. I think 2 is worth playing because of the CS and the soundtrack/environments that are the series' strength but it can put off some people.