• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
That is how Nintendo handles marketing and development these days and I believe works for the better. They needed to hype games for the WiiU years early since they needed to sell the console and that ultimately backfired due that people got huge expectations and, in case of XCX, they weren't met.
I mean, new Nintendo basically shared a great deal with Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild~

I am frankly too lazy to look into it, but I'd be interested in seeing how close XCX's Japanese promotions were to the actual game launch.
They made a series of videos narrated by the in-game characters explaining the Continents, mechanics and customization options. They also made them for the West but with a generic narrator instead of Elma, Lin, etc... but they were also really well done.

---

I never said that it was "bad" that they are showing so little of the game outside of the really detailed explanation of the combat systems and the Blade reveals but it was kind of odd since the handling is really different compared to XenobladeX and even the original Xenoblade (there was a trailer that even went on to show The Fallen Arm and Agniratha.

Maybe since this time they are focusing so much on the story they dont want to reveal too much of the areas and characters because of that so well see but even the Xenoblade X with their extremely detailed presentations actually avoided to show some late game spoilers like entire new races, playable characters or even the final twists and unlockables after you beat the game.

Still! Really excited to play a new Xenoblade game after putting countless hours in both Chronicles and X

dncb4-gumaesbbwlls3v.jpg

New blade

Video

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/925257036773801984
yGiMWMc.gif

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i dont why im so excited for this. ive never played the first one or any version. i have no idea about the characters/story, just a vague understanding of the gameplay, and yet, i'm pretty solid on a day1 purchase.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really need anything other than "it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2" to be excited.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there's going to be amazing repetition with Aegis like there was with Monado. Also, those subtitles are decent, I'd like them to be a bit bigger though.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
So the new blade is named "Youou", at least that's how the Katakana goes. Wonder how that's actually pronounced, "Yu Oh?" possibly.

But yeah, Art by Soraya Saga is quite nice. It'd also be nice if maybe Takahashi allowed her to contribute some aspects of the story as well.
DNcb4-GUMAESBBW.jpg

HDs70Hr.gif

But interesting, this is the first Blade I've seen that doesn't seem to be quite accurate in its depiction of the artwork through the in-game engine. The color on his armor is different and some of the pieces look altered as well.

Well, there's definitely more and more quantity of Blades than I thought. That said, the more special Blades there are, the sad likelihood that none of them have any story/personal quests is more likely.

Shin -> Jin is almost a superficial change. But I guess it'll do. I wonder what they'll do for "Metsu" then?

But we have confirmation that Jin is the actual leader of Torna and that makes Metsu his subordinate. Will be interesting to see what the power dynamics are between the two.

Also curious if that mask of his is just an affectation or will have deeper meaning.
Is it just me or that... thing behind Metsu looks like an alien?
Yeah, at least from this angle it looks like that shape we're used to. Wonder what his full Blade actually looks like, and I'd guess that Nomura designed it as well.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else got the feeling Shulk might become the "last" super rare blade in Xenoblade2?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Or some kind of beetle.

I could see that too.

Well, there's definitely more and more quantity of Blades than I thought. That said, the more special Blades there are, the sad likelihood that none of them have any story/personal quests is more likely.

If we got dozens of rare blades that may be the case, but so far we only have 11. Let's say there are 20-25 total; that's a manageable amount of writting I'd say. Especially considering the amount of quests in the previous games.

Those probably won't be part of the main story but rather smaller chunks of lore, though.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
XC had over 400 quests. Even if you cross out the generic 'defeat x enemies, defeat x unique enemy', I figure you still have probably over 200.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
But we have confirmation that Jin is the actual leader of Torna and that makes Metsu his subordinate. Will be interesting to see what the power dynamics are between the two.

According to translations of that Famitsu article from not too long ago, Jin trusts him deeply as he always respects and follows his orders despite "his rough demeanor."

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Maybe the colors of the blade shown in the video don't match up with the art because it's a shiny :O

I wouldn't put it past them

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up. Careful with Target customer service with the price error SE preorder that Wario had tweeted out. Mine showed a release date of Jan 4-9. I chatted with the guy about why it wasn't release date delivery (I put my order in immediately after it was tweeted the first time). He actually cancelled my order with out consulting me first...

But, still excited we're so close to getting this! I have AC:O & SMO to distract me in the mean time. Really hope the put up some Fillipo Xenoblade Chronicles 2 footage up from Paris. I'd like to see them go back to Gormott or to a new place. I love Uraya, but even I'm a little tired of seeing it.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'd be happy with just an overview of what "services"/shops we can expect at any of the bigger hubs/towns. That would clear up a ton of questions most people have about the game while preventing story or character-related spoilers.

calcputer

Oct 27, 2017
This is my most anticipated Switch game as of last Friday. I never played the first one but I beat Xenoblade Chronicles X, by the end I was just slogging through it trying to finish, thankfully I found the gear upgrades that let you gain experience faster. I wouldn't be as interested in the game if it wasn't on a portable system, as I feel like such a huge game will greatly benefit.

I'm excited to see how the battle system feels in the end, it looks like it will be a fun change from the last one. I think they are knocking it out of the park on the different Titan environments, as well as the Blades. My least favorite thing about everything they have shown so far is Pyra's outfit, but thankfully there seems to be a wide variety of unique designs to choose from. Overall, the concept of weapons as characters seems to be a cool addition to a JRPG.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Oh man... This game. Everything looks so fantastic. Fantastical worlds to explore, xenoblade, skies of Arcadia, castle in the sky.... My kids would adore watching this (they love playing games like super Mario 3d world, but seem intimidated by anything more in depth, but they love to watch)

But that can't happen. Because half the characters are dressed like strippers.

So I'm goingb to have to play this off screen like some guilty game.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not the first time NoA has made weird localisation changes. FE Awakening/Fates is full of name changes that don't particularly make sense.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
All Rare Blades so far (gifs from old thread). I personally think they've done a great job of capturing each artists unique style, while having them still fit in with the overall look of the game.

qYVjVUu.gif

vwBQkUZ.gif

27AGe3P.gif

peL3QGY.gif

idpteiG.gif

MLGIMNA.gif

MqxR8gE.gif

zuCWk3W.gif

Xhydq8C.gif

0upUiVt.gif

HDs70Hr.gif

What a weird change with how slight it is. Is it a reference by localization to the Xenosaga character?

I thought that too. But he doesn't look anything like Jin (Xenosaga).

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
i dont why im so excited for this. ive never played the first one or any version. i have no idea about the characters/story, just a vague understanding of the gameplay, and yet, i'm pretty solid on a day1 purchase.

I've always wanted to get into this series. I own Wii/Wii U but the kids basically play it all the time. Finally got a Switch for myself and will buy them their own. So will be playing Xenoblade 2 day #1. this reminds me to put in for vacation :)

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
All these image links not showing properly is frustrating. Also when people are talking about all revealed blade there's also the blonde blade, eye-patch guy's blade, dual swords soldier's blade, the birdman blade(Roc?) and maybe even the mecha girl next to the boss nopon.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has the file size for this game been revealed ? if the release date sticks it will be out just before I go on a trip and it would be great to have this loaded up in the console but I suspect it'll be a huge game with a large patch. I mean, Breath of the wild is almost 14 GB and it's only got maybe an hour of voicework tops , Xenoblade games tend to have substantially more than that.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Has the file size for this game been revealed ? if the release date sticks it will be out just before I go on a trip and it would be great to have this loaded up in the console but I suspect it'll be a huge game with a large patch. I mean, Breath of the wild is almost 14 GB and it's only got maybe an hour of voicework tops , Xenoblade games tend to have substantially more than that.
I think XenoX was around 10gb fpr the download version so i guess 15gb is a reasonable expectation

H.I.V.E.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I worry about it fitting the cartridge. I hope it will be released with entire game on it.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
even if its for a few voice lines per Blade, Nintendo really is going for some high Q VAs here, so I really, REALLY hope they announce dual audio
JE0SSFU.jpg

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I can definitely see myself staring at that title screen for 15 minutes every time I boot up the game