• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I will be too. Rex's VO sounds pretty good in the story trailer. His opening lines "The story goes..." especially. Nia sounds fantastic, and is probably my favourite of the bunch so far.
Yeah, it's actually funny how Rex's opening monologue in the E3 trailer is the best he sounds.

But then you've got his battle cries such as "Taaaake Thiiiis!" or "Chaaarge!" or "Yah!" and, maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but it sounds like someone who is trying too hard to be tough and thinks he is sounding cool, but in reality he isn't. And I can't help but wonder if maybe that is intentional?

Nia's voice sounds great and I hope we get to hear her actually give some extended dialogue. I also liked what I heard from the Mor Ardain characters and also the Torna guys.

What's a good video to hear Nia's VA? So far, my favorite is the knight lady.
Sadly none yet. You have to pick her out among the battle cries in the recent demo videos

Shunt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good video to hear Nia's VA? So far, my favorite is the knight lady.

You can hear her in the last clip in this:

And in this:

Yeah, it's actually funny how Rex's opening monologue in the E3 trailer is the best he sounds.

But then you've got his battle cries such as "Taaaake Thiiiis!" or "Chaaarge!" or "Yah!" and, maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but it sounds like someone who is trying too hard to be tough and thinks he is sounding cool, but in reality he isn't. And I can't help but wonder if maybe that is intentional?

Are you me? I've actually thought that a few times myself. Like, he's a young Simba before he becomes a Mufasa, lol.

Last edited:

Rich

Oct 28, 2017
England
Xenoblade 1 still stands as one of the very few dubs I actually prefer to the original VA. Danganronpa is one example where I absolutely cannot stand the US dub. Same for Xenoblade X.

Not sold on X2's english VA at all. I've watched trailers and footage in both languages and I much prefer the JP VA. Really hoping it'll be available as an additional download at launch.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 1 still stands as one of the very few dubs I actually prefer to the original VA. Danganronpa is one example where I absolutely cannot stand the US dub. Same for Xenoblade X.
Huh? There was absolutely nothing wrong with Xenoblade X's dub, and I say that as someone who didn't think it was that great (particularly I didn't care for Elma's voice, while I know she's supposed to not have many emotions, her VA sounded almost wooden and felt like she was phoning it in during some segments where she needed to sound more invested in it). But I'd say when it came to the dub, it was more than fine overall.

Here's a neat video I found showing Rex using Azami's weapon. It looks very cool:

I will say this though. I really really hope that they tune Tora's battle voices. Not only do I think his battle cries are far more repetitive than the other characters, but I think his voice volume is also louder than the others too. It's to the point where I'd classify that as a bug, rather than a feature.

Rich

Oct 28, 2017
England
Huh? There was absolutely nothing wrong with Xenoblade X's dub, and I say that as someone who didn't think it was that great (particularly I didn't care for Elma's voice, while I know she's supposed to not have many emotions, her VA sounded almost wooden and felt like she was phoning it in during some segments where she needed to sound more invested in it). But I'd say when it came to the dub, it was more than fine overall.

Here's a neat video I found showing Rex using Azami's weapon. It looks very cool:

I will say this though. I really really hope that they tune Tora's battle voices. Not only do I think his battle cries are far more repetitive than the other characters, but I think his voice volume is also louder than the others too. It's to the point where I'd classify that as a bug, rather than a feature.

No need to be surprised or query it. I simply did not like it. Personal tastes and all.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Nopons are supposed to be kind of annoying, so you could say Tora is doing the job. It won't be as good as the Heropon, but then again, few characters are.

By the way, Azami is amazing. The rare blade I like the most and it's not even close. Edit: Forgot Shiki! She's great too.

Shunt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AThumb_Cut_171103-020844_01.jpg

While watching the PGW footage, I spotted what looks to be an entrance of some kind in Uraya. Pretty cool.

It could possibly lead to this area:
xenoblade-chronicles-2-switch-bfe00da9_w830.jpg

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well here's a few things I don't think people have noticed.

1) Vandham's in the game. Considering this quest is in Uraya, and the guy from the box art/guy with Roc is Urayan, and he has cross shaped scar on his face, it's probably him.

JjJRhog.png

2) Here's a cave.

ji2eQKl.png

They're both from this guys preview video from a week ago, which I haven't really seen anyone mention before.

https://youtu.be/yXRcPr2UwXI

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
Well here's a few things I don't think people have noticed.

1) Vandham's in the game. Considering this quest is in Uraya, and the guy from the box art/guy with Roc is Urayan, and he has cross shaped scar on his face, it's probably him.

JjJRhog.png

2) Here's a cave.

ji2eQKl.png

They're both from this guys preview video from a week ago, which I haven't really seen anyone mention before.

https://youtu.be/yXRcPr2UwXI
We did talk about the video in the last forum, just no one bothers to mention Vandham. :)

I post most videos on the first page of this thread. Well most of them are the same demo...

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
There's been so much footage of the same demo areas now, but I honestly cannot recall a specific instance where a Core Crystal came up in the loot being dropped by defeated enemies. Other than currency, all I saw them drop was stuff that would seem to be item boosts or other usable things.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I must have missed it since it's so early in the footage. o_0
Lol! Me too! I was just watching that video as well trying to find something like that, and lo and behold it was there at the beginning.

To me though, it feels like a scripted drop there, and maybe that's the case given its a demo, so we'll see if that holds for other common enemies. But one would figure that Core Crystals would be loot from enemies. And that it would also make a lot of sense to have the Rarer Core Crystals be tied to the Tyrant monsters or Bosses.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He does a line of "sexy cute" DC and Marvel heroines figirine designs IIRC.

This certainly will not help those with depression over this game.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think a lot can be solved if they make pokewaifus appearing on the battlefields a toggle.
Let them spawn out of the weapon when doing special attacks

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seeing this makes me more frustrated at the lack of JP voice option for English version of the game..
I think will be like Fire Emblem Warriors, they are just waiting to after release to announce the voice pack as download, this way they avoid Nips from importing other version that are cheaper overseas

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I think Monolith Soft looked at the recent success of Fire Emblem and thought "sexy anime girls are the key!"

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
BlindBelatedHowlermonkey.gif

I think the in-game model actually looks a lot better than the artwork. The face looks really good.

The ingame rendition really does seem like a solid improvement on the artwork; to a degree not really seen in many others - which largely are still competently translated. Maybe that's more of a judgement of the artist than the modelers.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cool with fanservice, but make it equal! Where are all the sexy male Blades?! Or male Blades in general for that matter?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with fanservice, but make it equal! Where are all the sexy male Blades?! Or male Blades in general for that matter?

There are male Blades (some excessively fanservicey, look at Soraya Saga's design); but the entire point of the featured guest artist setup is to allow artists to create unique and distinctive designs according to their own styles and preferences, not fill a quota. If the majority of rare Blades are cute girls, that's because it's what the artists wanted; rather than something they were forced to do.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
There are male Blades (some excessively fanservicey, look at Soraya Saga's design); but the entire point of the featured guest artist setup is to allow artists to create unique and distinctive designs according to their own styles and preferences, not fill a quota. If the majority of rare Blades are cute girls, that's because it's what the artists wanted; rather than something they were forced to do.
Sure, I get that. Doesn't make it any less disappointing, though. Not that it'll lessen my enjoyment of the game much at all, of course.

Are all of these rare Blades exclusively designed by guest artists? I've honestly not been looking too much into the game yet (mostly because it seems like too much information to process; I always just stumble my way into understanding Xenoblade games as I play them, lol). I've just been watching all these new Blades revealed via the Japanese Twitter account for the most part, and while the designs have been pretty diverse and interesting, it seems like nearly all of them are female so far. Which is fine! But, like, I want some good guys too! XD