• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Why does Soraya Saga don't write with her husband anymore? I know she was dropped during Xenosaga episode 2 but I don't know details about what happened there. Seems like she hasn't written Xeno games after that?
She wrote Soma Bringer.

My translation might be rusty, but it sounded like Takahashi writes the story, but at the same time this guy and another write the script? And then they come together to merge all three?
The overall plot is always from Takahashi, doesn't change the fact that the actual dialogue and scripts have suffered since he went for a more "professional" approach of getting anime screenwriters to do his screenplays. :(

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't like his style. The Xenosaga anime, Xenosaga I+II, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X. I was hoping Takahashi was writing this one solo.

XenoX main story is anime as heck sure. But is he also the one who also wrote the quest text? As those quest line is soo good and feel like normal shows conversation.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so i have popped in this thread off and on, are there any females blades announced that dont have either their butt or breasts exposed? It certainly doesnt feel like it. Really has killed my wife and I's excitement

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so i have popped in this thread off and on, are there any females blades announced that dont have either their butt or breasts exposed? It certainly doesnt feel like it. Really has killed my wife and I's excitement

Actually there is quite a lot i think. That electric girl sure is not exposed i think. Also, the super gloom Blade too with some dark ooze.

I think the actual quests line and side quests are done by others.

Awww. Sadness. They should ask that guy to write the main story then.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

The book blade. And it's awesome.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new blade is pretty cool, but I just saw a tweet with two character arts from Nomura that have apparently been leaked ? Is that true ? I'm not linking the tweet bc spoilers.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
She wrote Soma Bringer.

The overall plot is always from Takahashi, doesn't change the fact that the actual dialogue and scripts have suffered since he went for a more "professional" approach of getting anime screenwriters to do his screenplays. :(

the game's anime so why not. Xenoblade 1 was fantastic (when not compared to Xenogears =D)

it may be a long time until Takahashi comes back, if ever. =(

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the complaints to this game have been complete over reactions that ignore the sentiments of people actually playing

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the new blade has normal proportions and how the design fits the water theme while not being just a swimsuit. The bathtub is funny.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know if the guest artist just had free reign to draw whatever they liked or did they need to follow some guidelines set by Monolith?

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The latest managed to repurpose a norml hairstyle to thematically fitting appendage. Me likey.

So do we know if the guest artist just had free reign to draw whatever they liked or did they need to follow some guidelines set by Monolith?

Nothing concrete. The design must be going for multiple back-and-forth before approved just like every other design, tho.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing there's some guidelines such as like what type of weapon can be used along with maybe element?

That was my guess previously as well. And with the disproportionate male/female ratio, I would think gender is also up to the artist.

My problem with the water spear one today is the artwork was better than the in game adaptation by a decent amount, and this is mostly due to her hair, which actually looks like it kind of flows in the artwork, but felt like flails when in motion. If she ends up using it as such, then please disregard.

I would agree the design is also too mundane. A mermaid would probably have been more interesting, but the bathtub just serves as Kubira's chair counterpart, which makes it a bit of a strange choice in my opinion. Also, I don't think this is the standard Ojou character-type. The character is using more elderly dialect, so you likely won't get your standard laugh from this one.

The concept art is pretty decent and the seashell spear is a nice idea, but it didn't translate into in-game model as well this time.

Those look like seashells, rather than proper drill hair

You are right. That would certainly fit the theme a lot better (water). I didn't realize it till you mentioned it.

Oct 29, 2017

I actually thought that the plot in Xenoblade Chronicles was reasonably well done!

It's not as bat-crazy as his previous work, but it's cohesive and it tells a good, grand tale from start to end.

I would say that XC:X is where we start to see more of his usual insanity start to creep in, but sadly the game's structure seems to rope that in a bit with its design.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought that the plot in Xenoblade Chronicles was reasonably well done!

It's not as bat-crazy as his previous work, but it's cohesive and it tells a good, grand tale from start to end.

I would say that XC:X is where we start to see more of his usual insanity start to creep in, but sadly the game's structure seems to rope that in a bit with its design.
I hope they avoid the bullshit plot twist in Xenoblade 1. it was definitely a twist, but an ultimately useless one.

the twist in X was much better done. because it actually mattered

id.

Oct 27, 2017
i've been trying to keep up, but has there still not been any undocked footage shown yet?

when do you think we'll get to actually see what the undocked game looks like if not?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
So I still can't tell whether that new Blade is supposed to be a gun or a new weapon type.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, Nintendo is taking down the leaked Xenoblade 2 music off youtube. Good thing the game is only two weeks away.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they avoid the bullshit plot twist in Xenoblade 1. it was definitely a twist, but an ultimately useless one.

the twist in X was much better done. because it actually mattered

Agree one thousand percent there. X twist is just much much better. Hell, it is crazily interesting too. The question of morale it throw to us in that final battle is also difficult to think of. Especially that Hom Hom part.^_^

Oct 29, 2017
Agree one thousand percent there. X twist is just much much better. Hell, it is crazily interesting too. The question of morale it throw to us in that final battle is also difficult to think of. Especially that Hom Hom part.^_^
This is surprising to me.

I was of the opinion that most people didn't enjoy the twist in XCX - but it seems like that wasn't the case.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the twist in the original XB and thought the game did a good enough job stringing me along until the final battle. I don't think the same can be said of XCX when it came to my enjoyment of that game l.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I was of the opinion that most people didn't enjoy the twist in XCX - but it seems like that wasn't the case.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the twist in the original XB and thought the game did a good enough job stringing me along until the final battle. I don't think the same can be said of XCX when it came to my enjoyment of that game l.

For me XB twist is too basic. It is literally the most Jrpg twist can happen to a Jrpg.

Meanwhile X is totally different. The twist is actually shocking for me lol.

At first, we start under the assumption we are human are alive in the Ark and we are controlling our mime through some wireless control only to get truth bomb that we are more or less dead and we would need to create ourself a new body. And when we all begin to accept that fact,,,,,,come another crazy twist, the whole database had been thrashed since we arrived at Mira......then who the hell are all the people on NLA? Ukiiiii HYPEEEE.^_^ Thats what a great Twist is for me lol. Tons of really interesting question which i want answer.

Xeno 1 twist just feel flat for me

Edit: This is not talking about J-Bodies and Eleanora too there.^_^ Soo many nice question waiting.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I think both twists were great, it's just that the one in X had a deeper impact to the story because they had to create anticipation for a potential sequel. That wasn't necessary for the writting in XC.

Which is kind of ironic.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think both twists were great, it's just that the one in X had a deeper impact to the story because they had to create anticipation for a potential sequel. That wasn't necessary for the writting in XC.

Also X twist feels more related to the bulk of the story meanwhile Xeno 1 twist kinda come out of nowhere there. It kinda just show up there and....yeah it happen.

Meanwhile Xeno X twist really feels important as it challenge something we thought as the truth then boom, nope u are wrong bruh.

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
The twist in Xenoblade Chronicles X is more impactful and connected to the overarching narrative, but the twist in Xenoblade Chronicles is awesome in its own way. It definitely was not lacking in surprise or grandeur, that's for sure.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Also X twist feels more related to the bulk of the story meanwhile Xeno 1 twist kinda come out of nowhere there. It kinda just show up there and....yeah it happen.

Meanwhile Xeno X twist really feels important as it challenge something we thought as the truth then boom, nope u are wrong bruh.

Yes. The X sub series could be Takahashi's chance to finally complete a space opera, although in a different fashion: without planning it from the beggining.

The numbered series can mantain the fantasy RPG approach.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes. The X sub series could be Takahashi's chance to finally complete a space opera, although in a different fashion: without planning it from the beggining.

The numbered series can mantain the fantasy RPG approach.

I still wanted to know who the hell is Great one lol. I do have some inkling that if X is going to get sequel to close the series, Samarr is going to be the final enemy lol. From what we heard about them from Ganglion. They are surely not as kind as what we thought they are lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

for me, twists work better when it forces you to rethink everything up to the point. with XC1, if you removed the twist, nothing changes. hell, you can remove the twist and the ending wouldnt change. it meant nothing. once the initial shock wears off, you're left with a hollow feeling. like, what was the point of that?

I still wanted to know who the hell is Great one lol. I do have some inkling that if X is going to get sequel to close the series, Samarr is going to be the final enemy lol. From what we heard about them from Ganglion. They are surely not as kind as what we thought they are lol.
imagine their medieval game is a Xenoblade X game and has a twist where it ties in to the first X :O