• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
A tip for people going through the Chapter 7 dungeon, since I found it super easy.

Run Tora/Nia/Zeke. Nia has break, Tora has topple+smash, and Zeke has launch, all with story blades. Plus Tora can do level 4 blade combos which makes up for everyone else stuck at level 1. Just make sure you tank properly if you're not used to it.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Rahx has spent the last week trolling the Xenoblade threads and doing nothing but complaining and insulting everyone who responds to him and is still able to post.

Like, how childish do you have to be to get some moderation tossed your way right now...

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
A tip for people going through the Chapter 7 dungeon, since I found it super easy.

Run Tora/Nia/Zeke. Nia has break, Tora has topple+smash, and Zeke has launch, all with story blades. Plus Tora can do level 4 blade combos which makes up for everyone else stuck at level 1. Just make sure you tank properly if you're not used to it.

Wouldn't just simply having Zeke be Party Leader work too? The only battle I fought in that dungeon was the boss, because Zeke was 10+ levels above everything there.

Any XP for the rest of the party missed doing that can be easily made back in the next major dungeon.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Into Ch.6 and I think I'm gonna take a week hiatus from this game. Maybe okay Oxenfree, tackle some reading. Anyone else getting fatigued around the midway point?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

exact set up I used.

I also have a question about the dungeon

Spirit Crucible right? Was this the one everyone was complaining about needing to go out and get mastery stuff? Didn't seem that bad if it was.

Also end boss was weird, I can't tell if i fought it right.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
exact set up I used.

I also have a question about the dungeon

Spirit Crucible right? Was this the one everyone was complaining about needing to go out and get mastery stuff? Didn't seem that bad if it was.

Also end boss was weird, I can't tell if i fought it right.

As far as I can tell there is no right way to fight Carnival Phantasm. Only suffering. Welcome to XBC Nocturne.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Rahxephon91

To ignore elemental orbs is doing shit on HL fights. This IS the core of combat system in XC2.

Yes, a common blade with appropriate element to be able to make orbs is way more better than a rare with no interaction in elemental chains. That's probably why you think AI is stupid (hint : they DO prioritize elemental chains so if they don't switch it's because #1 they don't have the right element #2 you don't use the accessories with blade switch bonus).

So the last boss, as almost every other big ones, is only a matter of doing 4-5 orbs then
switch on Pyra/Mythra 3rd form
and start the chain combo when the party gauge is full. Then burst 2 orbs in the same turn (to have the 'full burst' bonuses) by using opposite elements of the orbs.
it's easy with Pyra/Mythra 3rd form : she hits all orbs at once.
You can do it easier with a specific aux.core (the blade will hit already hit orbs). Or Dahlia if you upgraded her (she can hit multiple orbs). Even some common ones have the "orb master" bonus, they still can be superior to unappropriate rare ones.

And party members order is important too. The last one should be the best attacker to do heavy damage with the chain combo bonuses. Use Mythra to do quickly orbs by spamming skills (boost her crit rate with the right chips on her weapon). For eg it's easy and fast to do :
- light light light (Mythra alone is fast lol)
- light (Mythra) thunder (Pandoria) fire (Pyra or a story related one)
- light (Mythra) light (Mythra) water (story related one)

If you're not confortable with fast orbs, focus on opposite elements in your party, not all elements coverage. It's not even mandatory to do more than 5-6 orbs to take him down.

EDIT : haha too late. But please, don't come if you aim 100+ bosses with the approach you described.

Last edited:

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Re: Driver combos being tough to manage or build for...eh. I've been running around with a 2-crown greataxe common blade on Rex for half the game (as I hold a torch for Agate), and it's worked perfectly fine for everything. Nia or #4 break, then Rex does the remaining work (though Nia sometimes switches to a knuckle user and launches for me). The common blade is a little slow to ready at the start of the fight, but once she's ready, Overclock Bangle makes swapping very quickly the rest of the fight.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Need a new OT started.

Also, Rahxephon91 , either use the advice given, or don't. No need to call out people's attempts to help you play a game, as "garbage"

LunarEmerald

Oct 27, 2017
So what level did everyone end up facing the final boss at?
Mine was 68/69/69.
It took a handful of tries, mostly from seeing what it was up to and from missing the kill with a chain attack by 7-8% and having him throw the insta-kill attack at me.
On the next attempt I made sure to add a third orb before going for the finish and killed it from around 35% remaining IIRC.
I would say that the battle system wound up a tad repetitive though, as I had beaten most of the other bosses in exactly the same way.

I was 74.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not call out other people or insult them. They insulted me.

And the game was garbage and thankfully it's over. Why this game has gotten praise over XBX. Idk

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
What the best combat tutorial? Do you guys have a recommended youtube video or guide? I think I have the basics but I am clearly not doing the stuff some of you guys are doing...

And again that you. This thread has been so helpful in answering my questions.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wouldn't just simply having Zeke be Party Leader work too? The only battle I fought in that dungeon was the boss, because Zeke was 10+ levels above everything there.

Any XP for the rest of the party missed doing that can be easily made back in the next major dungeon.
You can but I think the AI will never do a level 4 blade combo outside of a chain attack. At least I've never seen it.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Having just stumbled upon the Greatspine Boundary almost by accident I definitely get why people had trouble finding it, heh

they really should have made a waypoint in the quest to help you navigate to the entrance to that region before continuing to the actual destination

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought we don't need to make new OTs anymore because the new board software can handle huge threads fine?

That's what I thought as well but I just saw this in the announcements forum:

The 20k Post Limit
As many of you may already know, it is currently our policy that when a thread reaches 20,000 posts it ought to be locked and a new thread made to replace it. On other forums this represents a technical limitation, but here on ResetEra we do it to avoid OP stagnation and encourage fresh blood. However, we have now decided to make an exception for OTs in Hangouts that already refresh on a weekly or monthly basis.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think so, for gaming threads at least. EtceEra had a bunch of multi-OT spanning threads, like the TLJ thread almost being at OT3 now.

Still is surprising as heck for me, even Destiny 2 didn't do it and I always assumed that community was one of the largest ones we had.

I know exactly what I want my first post in OT2 to be.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
One issue with bursting orbs is that it's hard to gauge how many you should place before starting a chain attack, as the player doesn't have access to the enemy's actual HP data. Given enough time, it's fairly simple for me to place all 8 orbs, start a combo, switch to insert spoiler tag here, and start the chain attack, but knowing when that's actually necessary is harder than actually doing it.

Another issue is that it's easy to be so strong you kick an enemy into enrage state when you only have two orbs up >_>

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Some help needed!
I'm at the end of the dungeon, fighting the weird black ghost things and they just keep coming! I fought so many already that I leveled up. :/ They don't kill me, but every time I kill one another one spawns. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Some help needed!
I'm at the end of the dungeon, fighting the weird black ghost things and they just keep coming! I fought so many already that I leveled up. :/ They don't kill me, but every time I kill one another one spawns. What the hell am I doing wrong?

I just kept fighting and eventually they stopped spawning. I don't know if there's a trick to make the fight end earlier.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I just kept fighting and eventually they stopped spawning. I don't know if there's a trick to make the fight end earlier.

I haven't gotten there yet, but chatter i've heard says
you have to finish them off with a driver combo or a chain attack (forget which). That makes them stop spawning.

Spent most of today playing Tiger! Tiger! for the first time since the game made me. My goal before proceeding into chapter 7 is to get the 3rd-level of the skill tree filled out for everyone who's unlocked it, or just the second level if that's where they are (poor Roc is stuck at level 1 due to my neglect of Mercenaries). Ignoring stuff like "perform a driver combo" that will just happen on its own as long as they're engaged. So i had to get Poppi Alpha's "Emergency Mode" level 3 which was to score 20,000 on Tiger! Tiger!

Thank god for easy mode.

Also going to clean out all the quests i've picked up but never finished and try to bond more rare blades. Got Perun today. On Nia unfortunately, but we'll sort that out later.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Some help needed!
I believe you have to kill all of them at the same time. Just drop the health of all the ghosts and then launch a chain attack.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
How many rare blades are there overall, by the way? Not counting the ones the game gives you like Roc and Wulfric.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool a rare blade
"Hello Im Electra"
*8 years old girl appears on screen*
Oh god can i undo this?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Im playing with english voices. What voices seems to give the better experience?

That depends. English voices have different accents for each nationality that help in establishing the world, but I feel some of the voices missed their deliveries. Japanese voices are just... Japanese, at best they have a Kansai dialect. But the cutscenes and scenario are written like an anime and sometimes uses straight anime tropes that using Japanese voice felt more appropriate.

It depends on your preference, but you can change anytime and even see every cutscenes again in different language.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Im done with ch 7 dungeon. I used zeke rex tora, I went directly for the boss, took a while...

Now... I feel reeaaaally op
with new blade
I love this game so much! 90hs already.

Im at lvl 50 Im overlevled?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, if anything I feel you're just at the right level. I was at 60 and I think that might've been too high, practically facerolled through that section. I've stopped using the stored xp (accumulated a ton) hopefully so that I can match the levels in the final sections.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Im done with ch 7 dungeon. I used zeke rex tora, I went directly for the boss, took a while...

Now... I feel reeaaaally op
with new blade
I love this game so much! 90hs already.

Im at lvl 50 Im overlevled?

If you are over-leveled then I am definitely over-leveled.

Still at the beginning of chapter 7 with my party hovering somewhere between 56 - 60. And I think I still have some XP at the inn.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
If you are over-leveled then I am definitely over-leveled.

Still at the beginning of chapter 7 with my party hovering somewhere between 56 - 60. And I think I still have some XP at the inn.
I didnt use the XP of the inn.
Well the monsters of the ch7 dungeon are lvl 45-50 and kicked my ass. (some spider nest were pretty difficult), and also I went without nia in the party, maybe that wasnt good. But I killed the boss first try so Im happy.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Ch. 7 with 52s, and I think I've been consistently underleveled by around two levels, give or take.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
Very nice session tonight, I got two new rare blades : Adenine and KOS-MOS.
I used one of my overdrives to give KOS-MOS to member #5 because I got her for Nia initially. First one I used but it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.