• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarEmerald

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Nanako (Ursula) be a better launcher than Shiki (book girl) tho? Both are healing knuckles and the latter doesn't require 90 hours of disappearing into merc missions to have her kizuna chart filled up.

Because Ursula is stronger and a better healer. Book Girl isn't much of a healer. She's more of a support.

Affinity 5 of Ursula also isn't required. The difference between 4 and 5 isn't that big. Using her at 4 is perfectly fine. She's still one of the best healer blades in the game.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have a dark blade?
Son, have you heard of your lord and savior common blades? They are the best! All advantages! Drop the rares and embrace the common people I mean common blades!

Common blades might be more flexible, but the trade-off is that they are much more boring.

I pretty much avoid them unless I am having issues or need to run a specific setup for a short period of time. Luckily, neither has happened in a long time.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Common blades might be more flexible, but the trade-off is that they are much more boring.

I pretty much avoid them unless I am having issues or need to run a specific setup for a short period of time. Luckily, neither has happened in a long time.

I was being facetious ;)

I'm avoiding them too, in my case I overflow with dark rare blades. Vale, Azami, Percival and the girl with the fox mask

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Because Ursula is stronger and a better healer. Book Girl isn't much of a healer. She's more of a support.
I guess if the priority is healing, sure. But remember, 90 hours of merc missions for all those healing buffs! In the end, I feel that equipping 3 healers on Nia is more than enough because her class bonus will make her main blade a heal monster anyway. Maybe I'm just super biased to Shiki's design, her VA, and her story. Hahahaha.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there any good blades for Nia/4th that has launcher/smash? I don't want to bother putting Axe blade and the one with smash on Rex.
#4 only has Smash with Swords and Spears, no Lunch

Nia only have Launch with Knuckles, no Smash

so for #4
any Sword will Do for Smash, I have Aegeon

for Nia I have
Adenine

LunarEmerald

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if the priority is healing, sure. But remember, 90 hours of merc missions for all those healing buffs! In the end, I feel that equipping 3 healers on Nia is more than enough because her class bonus will make her main blade a heal monster anyway. Maybe I'm just super biased to Shiki's design, her VA, and her story. Hahahaha.

You don't need her at 5. She's still really good at 4.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
A Nintendo related game is an echo chamber? I guess the jokes on me for expecting anything else.

I guess the best part of being done with the game is I won't have to interact with it's fans that just want you to jerk it off. But I guess thats every Nintendo related fandom.

Sorry OT regulars if I'm bringing this up again but I want to say this post is trash.

you don't like thing, you shared why, and you discussed it? ok stop there, no need to look low on Nintendo fans and be this disrespectful.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FiXalaS dont bother with Rah, she being shitting down the OT, all she does is occasionally pop up to remind us how much she hates the game and anyone that enjoys it is wrong

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How good is the AI when it comes to topple - launcher - smash? Do they react within time usually?

Yeah, in my experience they're usually fairly good with it so long as everyone has 2 or 3 of the driver combo arts, and they are not stuck with the wrong blades due to blade combos. I find that having access to launch or smash for yourself helps to ensure the chain will follow through, because the AI usually has no problem to get to topple.

When ever I play Nia, for example, I'll open with the break, Rex or Tora will follow with the topple, all 3 can can follow up with the launch, and Rex or Tora can perform the last smash. #5 is even better in this regard because most of his movesets have driver arts.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How good is the AI when it comes to topple - launcher - smash? Do they react within time usually?

They get the job done from time to time,but don't rely too much on them.

The AI is very good to break/topple -especially Tora- but for the rest it depends on what blade the party members are using at moment and if the AI thinks its worth it to switch to another one to complete the combo -which,from my experience,doesn't happen very often.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FiXalaS dont bother with Rah, she being shitting down the OT, all she does is occasionally pop up to remind us how much she hates the game and anyone that enjoys it is wrong
I never said anyone who likes this game is wrong. I said I don't get it, but I never said anyone was wrong or stupid or whatever for liking this game. I don't care if you like it or don't. And unlike a lot of the posters here, I haven't shot anyone down from voicing their opinion or ignored anyone who likes the game. Thats for the fans of this game to do. Which is something I've noticed a lot of Nintendo fans do as well.

And I guess shitting the thread is simply voicing dislike and getting defensive when others call you stupid or have bad opinions for not agreeing with them.

I mean you said it right there, occasionally pop up. Meaning not constant. I have voiced my opinion, which is what an OT is for and left it at that.

I mean I guess it's just like GAF where your only allowed to do that when it's a game people seem to dislike, like say FFXIII.

And I mean I don't get it. Plenty of jrpgs have gotten shit for less of what this game does.

Hell, people didn't buy the defense for FFXIII's speed death crap, but for XB2 which seems to only apply to the final boss it's ok.

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I find it hard to believe you haven't played plenty of jrpgs you don't like. FFXIII? Some Tales game? Xenosaga 2?..

Maybe you haven't.

Have you watched say a Gundam show all the way through that you did'nt like? Age? 00 Season 2? Destiny?..
I actually like FFXIII tho! I finished all the Tales games I liked too! I didn't like Graces at all, stopped after 10 hours or so. I haven't bought a Tales game since. Finished Xenosaga Ep2, I don't hate it completely. It's not a good game, but I was playing it for the story and liked it well enough to continue to Ep3 so... :P

I didn't finish Trusty Bell, I didn't finish Infinite Undiscovery. Those are all bad games I regret even buying. Huge waste of time. I mean I probably did spent significant time finishing a bad game I didn't like ages ago, but it's something I have learned not to bother with because time > money.

I wouldn't be caught dead watching AGE. Fuck Level 5. Fuck Hino. Fuck AGE! I finished Destiny tho. I hate all of it. Hated it every step of the way after a certain episode. That was also... 12 years ago looooooool.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, another thing. The game treats this like an OMG moment, but I guess Blades after what thousands of years turn into Titans? Ok and why is this a big deal. Was this supposed to illustrate how their lives aren't immortal, but also continue to serve mankind? But Titans are dying and there seems to be very few anyway. So does this mean this hardly ever happens anyway? Also why aren't their plenty of Titans then? Or small Titans like gramps. The hugeness of this revelation did not work for me, but I had also checked out on the story well before then.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tips on how to create a broken Mythra? :O
For Mytrha you want
Mirror Matter Chip or whatever chip you have that gives her the highest Critcal Rate
you want to max out her affinity Chart so her Battle Skills Lightspeed Flurry (Recharge Art or Special used by 100% upon Critical) an Glint (Increase Critical Rate by 15%) are maxed out
Aux Chip you want Critical Up V (boost Critical by 20%) and Affinity MAX Atk V (increases Damage by 50% at Max Affinity)
Her Blade Art Critical Up also increases Critical Rate during Combat
This gives you about 52% Critical Rate (60+ during Combat)

for Rex you want
Avant Garde Medal (Absorbs 21% of Critical Damage dealt as HP) and Either
A) World Tree Drop (Increases Damade Dealt per Blade Switch by 10% (Max 250%) If you are doing Driver combo Farming
B) Hero Vambraces (Increases Damage deal to higher-level enemies by 55%) If you are trying to Solo stronger enemies

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the list!

Didn't realize blades have different property with different drivers.... I have Mikumari with Rex atm.

How viable is Rex/4th/Zeke party? Kinda afraid of not using Nia.

Just like how in XC1 you don't need the gunner healer all the time, you can get by without Nia. You might have to spam more of the skills that drop hp pots though. Also some characters make great pinch healers, KOSMOS for example has a lvl 2 Blade Art that pretty much heals the party to full. Also you can always add a few healer blades to the party if you find you need the extra heals.

As for topple launch smash, i find they are pretty good at it, especially if you give them overclock bangles (reduces blade switch cooldown). Too good in fact, cos they switch away from a charged elemental combo to do a launch and can't switch back in time to do the blade art. Only thing I find bad is breaking, since they seem to prioritise getting elements than getting rdy to break, which is why I usually try to make sure I can do the break myself.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at chapter 3. I'm liking it, however the story really took a turn for the worse compared to XC1. I don't have high standards and like most anime I watch, however this is just terrible. It's like they made it their life mission to cram every anime cliche in a game. I hope it gets better. Battles are a tad too long for my liking (I am using the blade combo's). The environment is great though and I like most gameplay improvements. The trek through
Uraya's Stomach
was great. It's just great to play a Xenoblade game again. I hope Nintendo ports XCX at some point.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the game, now time to head into the spoiler thread and read what all you nerd are talking about !

Good thing the best girl lost because Rex is not a good prize, but at least I don't hate him anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.