• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried starting a new game and seeing what the options are, doesn't that give you the option to set up a new NG+ (which would then have your stuff from playthrough 1)?
It says that it will overwrite my save but doesn't mention NG+. I might try some trickery with save backups and see what happens with it.

Edit: Yeah, no NG+ stuff when starting a new game.

Last edited:

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
It says that it will overwrite my save but doesn't mention NG+. I might try some trickery with save backups and see what happens with it.

if you already started ng+ and saved there is no option to do it again until you beat the game again, it's the problem with the on file set up, but you can always watch the events you missed in the event theater if you load up and read what chapter you are in

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I have a question slightly related with this.

I've been wanting to replay XC2 (most specifically, the NG+) for a long time now, but I haven't because I don't want to lose my original save (yes, I know all the relevant stuff and even the play time is transferred, etc. but my OCD is too strong). Do you guys know whether it's possible to "fork" my cloud backup using a secondary console?

What I'm thinking about is the following:
1) Logging into my profile in my bf's Switch.
2) Downloading my cloud backup there.
3) Disabling the automatic cloud save synchronisation in my profile in this (secondary) Switch.
4) Starting the NG+ in my console.

Ideally, if this works fine, my original save would remain isolated and safe in my bf's console. However, I'm not sure whether disabling the automatic cloud saves in my profile in the secondary console would also affect my primary console. Has anyone else tinkered with this before?

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I have a question slightly related with this.

I've been wanting to replay XC2 (most specifically, the NG+) for a long time now, but I haven't because I don't want to lose my original save (yes, I know all the relevant stuff and even the play time is transferred, etc. but my OCD is too strong). Do you guys know whether it's possible to "fork" my cloud backup using a secondary console?

What I'm thinking about is the following:
1) Logging into my profile in my bf's Switch.
2) Downloading my cloud backup there.
3) Disabling the automatic cloud save synchronisation in my profile in this (secondary) Switch.
4) Starting the NG+ in my console.

Ideally, if this works fine, my original save would remain isolated and safe in my bf's console. However, I'm not sure whether disabling the automatic cloud saves in my profile in the secondary console would also affect my primary console. Has anyone else tinkered with this before?

Thanks for the help!
I don't have a secondary console but couldn't you try this yourself by disabling it and then simply playing a few minutes and save/quit somewhere else and then see if it works, without going through the whole NG+ thing

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a secondary console but couldn't you try this yourself by disabling it and then simply playing a few minutes and save/quit somewhere else and then see if it works, without going through the whole NG+ thing

As I feared, I couldn't check with 100% confidence if it worked because I don't have the DLC in my bf's console and thus the game doesn't even allow me to resume my save from there. However I think it worked, because in the cloud saves menu the accompanying message for that game is different than the rest and states that there's new data in the server.

I'll try tomorrow with a different game with no DLC to be completely sure, but it looks promising. Thanks for your input! ^^

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like Smash reinvigorated my interest in this game. I played it for quite a while when it first came out and beat it, but at the time, I felt rushed to "finish" it because life had other obligations for me. As a result, I felt like I couldn't take my time and enjoy the game. I finally fired it up again and saw the New Game Plus option. I felt like it was such a perfect option for me since I barely remember anything about the game. I found myself looking up "things you should before starting New Game Plus" but all of the terminology people are using in their answers mean nothing to me, so I really think I'm just gonna dive into this game like new.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I recently started this game (despite having it basically since release) and have just reached chapter 6. I still don't have any rare blades except for the ones that the story has given us:
the default ones on each character plus Roc and Wulfric, and I saw I can get Vess. Wulfric is on Rex and I read Vess is good on Nia
Should I take a pause here and try to get/open a bunch of crystals to get some rare blades before moving on? If so, should l bond them with certain characters (tried googling this but already spoiled something about later in the game so I'm avoiding that now). Also I hate playing Tiger Tiger and Tora's voice annoys me so I want to switch him out ASAP despite what I saw about his blades later in the game.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I recently started this game (despite having it basically since release) and have just reached chapter 6. I still don't have any rare blades except for the ones that the story has given us:
the default ones on each character plus Roc and Wulfric, and I saw I can get Vess. Wulfric is on Rex and I read Vess is good on Nia
Should I take a pause here and try to get/open a bunch of crystals to get some rare blades before moving on? If so, should l bond them with certain characters (tried googling this but already spoiled something about later in the game so I'm avoiding that now). Also I hate playing Tiger Tiger and Tora's voice annoys me so I want to switch him out ASAP despite what I saw about his blades later in the game.
nia would be the one you put on for now, rex has his set with the two you mentioned but 1 more rare blade for him is actually recommended, and he like the others should have a decent amount of commons just for elemental field skills. now before we go any further how do you feel about part member as spoilers or do you know the others

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

The blade system has an in-built pity system - you're guaranteed to get a handful of rare blades if you keep opening crystals - and seeing as though you've not got any non-story blades yet, you could get them very quickly.

In a regular playthrough, Morag is more useful and easier to power up than Tora, so don't worry about that.

Avoid opening too many cores on Rex, he'll be able to sort himself and work with what he gets in the story.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
nia would be the one you put on for now, rex has his set with the two you mentioned but 1 more rare blade for him is actually recommended, and he like the others should have a decent amount of commons just for elemental field skills. now before we go any further how do you feel about part member as spoilers or do you know the others
Thanks! Not sure if this is what you're asking but I have all 5 (at least I think there's 5) party members now
zeke and morag?
, and I've also already spoiled a bunch of the blade names haha. Trying to google this seems to pull up too many story spoilers so I'm just generally trying to figure out if I should mostly be bonding them to a certain character or if I should split them evenly between Nia and the last two members? I have like 25 common blades between everyone right now.

The blade system has an in-built pity system - you're guaranteed to get a handful of rare blades if you keep opening crystals - and seeing as though you've not got any non-story blades yet, you could get them very quickly.

In a regular playthrough, Morag is more useful and easier to power up than Tora, so don't worry about that.

Avoid opening too many cores on Rex, he'll be able to sort himself and work with what he gets in the story.
Thanks, yeah the Rex point is what I spoiled haha but wondering if I should split optimally between the other members (or prioritize certain boosters?)

edit: also if it doesn't matter much that's good to know too

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Thanks! Not sure if this is what you're asking but I have all 5 (at least I think there's 5) party members now
zeke and morag?
, and I've also already spoiled a bunch of the blade names haha. Trying to google this seems to pull up too many story spoilers so I'm just generally trying to figure out if I should mostly be bonding them to a certain character or if I should split them evenly between Nia and the last two members? I have like 25 common blades between everyone right now.
then i would put them on currently who has the least rares i recommend, rex has atleast 3 rare blades outside of pyra, but that could easily be done with someone like praxis a guaranteed sidequest blade. since you don't have her yet, zeke i actually recommend morag first over zeke if they are both at zero rares just to give her a good selection

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
zeke and morag?

Thanks, yeah the Rex point is what I spoiled haha but wondering if I should split optimally between the other members (or prioritize certain boosters?)

Ha!

I think the beauty of XC2 is it's all built around blades, so while drivers naturally edge towards certain play styles - Morag as an evasion tank for example - it doesn't really matter who does what.

Rex gets loads of story blades, Tora and Morag two each, Nia one etc. I'd essentially focus on whoever you want to use.

I wouldn't worry about boosters too much. Open more cores on the drivers you want to use. However, it's worth opening a few on others you don't plan to use too much.

Field skills take into account all engaged blades - including those on drivers who aren't in the party - so it's worth making sure they've got at least a few blades. They can help you out of a jam.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Even one Booster helps determine what type of Blade you get, plus early on you'll get a few pity blades after reaching certain thresholds, determined randomly when you start a new file.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

I believe this has been posted elsewhere and I saw it on Reddit, but I just thought I'd pop it in here for those who are interested.

Apparently orders exceeded expectations and another run is on the cards. I'm waiting for amiibo personally, but for those who missed out, another chance may be on the horizon.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

I believe this has been posted elsewhere and I saw it on Reddit, but I just thought I'd pop it in here for those who are interested.

Apparently orders exceeded expectations and another run is on the cards. I'm waiting for amiibo personally, but for those who missed out, another chance may be on the horizon.

when will that other run ship? 2027?

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
So I was doing a replay for the XC series because my hype for XC3 is through the roof

Finished XC1:DE two days ago and yesterday I started XC2. I just can't continue this shit! The navigation is garbage, the randomness in having very high level enemies all the time, you get one shotted all the time and can't outrun any of them. I can't finish this again, I never liked it to begin with.

If there's anything that you lot have to say to help me I'll take it. But this randomness is too much for me and I remembered why I didn't like the game when I first finished it

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
So I was doing a replay for the XC series because my hype for XC3 is through the roof

Finished XC1:DE two days ago and yesterday I started XC2. I just can't continue this shit! The navigation is garbage, the randomness in having very high level enemies all the time, you get one shotted all the time and can't outrun any of them. I can't finish this again, I never liked it to begin with.

If there's anything that you lot have to say to help me I'll take it. But this randomness is too much for me and I remembered why I didn't like the game when I first finished it
  • Make sure to utilize the Expert Mode. Intentionally under-level your characters, so that they gain more EXPs when battling enemies.
  • In the early point of the game, you have to grind some levels a bit. Set the game's difficulty to the easiest difficulty so that you can kill enemies to farm EXPs.
  • Avoid any enemies that are 2 levels higher than your highest leveled character.
  • All of your characters in your team level up differently. Some level up earlier than others.
  • Know in advance in XC3, they revamped the navigation system (as shown in the Direct 2 days ago), so they did take in feedback on that issue in XC2.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
  • Make sure to utilize the Expert Mode. Intentionally under-level your characters, so that they gain more EXPs when battling enemies.
  • In the early point of the game, you have to grind some levels a bit. Set the game's difficulty to the easiest difficulty so that you can kill enemies to farm EXPs.
  • Avoid any enemies that are 2 levels higher than your highest leveled character.
  • All of your characters in your team level up differently. Some level up earlier than others.
  • Know in advance in XC3, they revamped the navigation system (as shown in the Direct 2 days ago), so they did take in feedback on that issue in XC2.

I don't think I've heard of this "underlevel your characters" thing... can you explain a bit more?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
If they stay underleveled you'll level up faster because XP scales. Then you can go to an inn and repeat the process as you catch up.

That and some of the other sliders can make the game a lot easier, or a lot, lot harder.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
You can't avoid them this is my problem. You can't outrun then and they one shot you. Don't even know how I finished this game when the game first launched

Yeah I saw XC3 direct. That navigation is thankfully better now

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm replaying xc2 now and i love this game but damn some areas are so boring and ugly. I'm up to the abandoned factory and fights can take a long time, and longs of ugly rusty corridors so far.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
You can't avoid them this is my problem. You can't outrun then and they one shot you. Don't even know how I finished this game when the game first launched

You can avoid them, you but have to intentionally :
  • Skirt around them.
  • Backtrack to the previous sections of the game and grind until you are above their levels. Don't advance the story in the meantime, and don't fight them head-on when you know in full advance you will be defeated in battle.

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah, that's annoying for sure, I usually find another route or wait for the over-levelled enemies to turn around so they don't notice you when you walk past them. Maybe change to the more "tank-y" party member so you won't be one-shot.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Yeah, that's annoying for sure, I usually find another route or wait for the over-levelled enemies to turn around so they don't notice you when you walk past them. Maybe change to the more "tank-y" party member so you won't be one-shot.
Its funny how I'm struggle at the beginning of the game. I'm at the quest where I need to gather materials for the ship

And of course level 70+ enemies wander there. Why? I don't know.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand

The high leveled enemies that can one shot you is a series highlight lol. You never are put in a situation where you have to outrun them. Just pay attention to how they see you (sight, sound, etc) and avoid them. There's not actually that many situations where you need to get past them to progress the actual story (I can think of maybe one early on) just avoid them

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
The high leveled enemies that can one shot you is a series highlight lol. You never are put in a situation where you have to outrun them. Just pay attention to how they see you (sight, sound, etc) and avoid them. There's not actually that many situations where you need to get past them to progress the actual story (I can think of maybe one early on) just avoid them
Yeah I'm good now. I remembered how I finished it the first time

Now I'm in chapter 7

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Can someone remind me how to unlock Wulfrics favourite board game again?

I need 5 levels of Focus. I already have Pyra and Mythra each providing 1 and I need to get Wulfric to 3 so I can get over this

Edit: Figured it out

Last edited:

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to start a new game plus a few days ago, and once again remembered about the Orbs on the second to last boss, lol.
Same as in my first playthrough.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Mad man. Think of all those big, beefy chain attacks you missed out on… for shame.
I (and I remember thinking that the first time also) thought I just hadn't unlocked it yet since I saw no tutorial and no button prompt for the chain attack.
*shrugs* what a waste of time, chain attacks by themselves do high damage already

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
I (and I remember thinking that the first time also) thought I just hadn't unlocked it yet since I saw no tutorial and no button prompt for the chain attack.
*shrugs* what a waste of time, chain attacks by themselves do high damage already
But why do high damage when you can do ridiculous amounts of damage?

You only really need like...two orbs to reach silly damage numbers. Something that the game never explains (and casual players don't need to know) is that there is an increasing damage bonus for each blade special you do on a single stage of a driver combo. To get the most out of it you need to stop time so the driver combo gauge doesn't deplete, which happens when you either finish a Lv.3 blade combo or use a Lv.4 blade special. Optimally it would go like:

• Inflict break
  • Lv.3 blade combo of your choice
  • Lv.4 blade special
  • Chain attack
With two orbs you'll work up to the Lv.3 specials of the chain attack while dealing a huge amount of damage along the way.

The 4* common blades have a chance to get the Orb Master skill. With it you can get an orb whenever you use a blade special, no need to finish a Lv.3 combo.