• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Where dat patch note Nintendo

Edit: Google translate
Fix defect

Tokiha's key Kizuna gift acquisition condition "Small good deed" has stopped counting and there are circumstances that may not be achievable, there were circumstances that can not be fixed with Ver.1.3.0, so we made additional corrections.

Addition / modification of specifications

Unique monster punitive record was added.
When defeating a unique monster, the time to hunt down is recorded. The subjugation record can be confirmed by examining the unique monster's grave, and can be confirmed from the list from the observer of the battle in the village of Freisberg.
During the battle, when the enemy became angry, it displayed as icons.
We added the function to receive "Expansion Pass" Challenge Battle ~ Napon's Challenge ~ ".
In the challenge battle, you will meet "shuruku" and "fiorun" that appeared in "xenoblide". Although the challenge battle has a high degree of difficulty, new accessories, assist cores, napon crystals, etc. are available.
Napon Crystal can be exchanged for items with a slight change in Lex's costumes and rare parts from Hana. (Depending on the event scene, the changed costume may not be reflected.)
If you achieve the challenge of high difficulty, you can also purchase valuable items that will allow you to adventure with Alcost with Schulk and Fiorun, so try harder with the driver and Blade.
Added a function to receive "Adventure support function" newly added to Expansion Pass.
Upon receipt, the following three functions are added to the optional game setting.
Auto battle function:
After turning it on, if you enable it, the operation character will automatically battle using Arts or Blade switch.
Special Move Button Challenge Automatic Success Function:
When it is enabled, it skips the production with the Special Move Button Challenge as automatic success handling. The judgment will be treated as Good.
Enemy's search capability change function:
If you disable it, the enemy will not attack. (Except for unique monster, boss, quest, salvage enemy)

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
DftXfzTVMAAezbp.jpg

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Okay, thank you. I'm wondering if I should do a NG++ in hard mode right before Torna's story in order to refresh my memories or right after to have a different perspective.

It's already becoming a torture to wait the physical edition, I want to try the challenge arena !

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Do you have other USB/wireless controllers ? There are adapters way cheaper than the pro controller. I have the Mayflash one, it works like a charm with my Wii U pro controller or Xbox in USB.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So I recently started this game back up, and the excitement that was initally lacking when I started the game near launch us now there. I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Anyways, I have a question. I've read that I should pull all blades on Nia to get her more healers, but I've ended up pulling 3 tanks, and the ONE time I decided to pull on Rex I ended up getting a healer. I figure I can use the healer on Rex since I always control him, but are the 3 tanks I pulled on Nia worthless? Should I just equip her with some common blades instead?

I'm at the start of chapter 4.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
dpwnloading so any new news on how to unlock the new blades?

edit: someone said you have to do this
EDino Drama quest to get a special item that allows the new blades to come out of challenge mode

Last edited:

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
So I recently started this game back up, and the excitement that was initally lacking when I started the game near launch us now there. I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Anyways, I have a question. I've read that I should pull all blades on Nia to get her more healers, but I've ended up pulling 3 tanks, and the ONE time I decided to pull on Rex I ended up getting a healer. I figure I can use the healer on Rex since I always control him, but are the 3 tanks I pulled on Nia worthless? Should I just equip her with some common blades instead?

I had two healers and a tank on Nia for the whole game and it worked perfectly.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
okay doing this on easy helps me grind for outfits but I still wish I could cheat and go buy some Noponstone somewhere because I got nearly 8 million of gold to spend

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
giving the new blades Trust using pouch items still works but damn that grind is still so slow I want to S+ these 2

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Hi pals! I was looking for some info...

Do the DLC quests reward any new shop deeds? Want em all before I NG+.

Planning on getting T-elos first too. Anything else ya'll would advise before NG+?

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

you can make most builds work. if you still have a free overdrive it might be worth giving Nia a claws type blade so she gets Launch. thats about it.

You will get almost everything you need via non gatcha blades anyway. Just do Vess's quest and open Vess on Nia along with the tank blade that has the best complimentary class abilities for your setup.

edit: A few more tips.
get Praxis and Theory when they become availiable and put them on Party member 4,

you basically don't want to open anything on rex from this point out. its a waste. Rex gets a few blades via story progression and they are more then enough.

Last edited:

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Hi pals! I was looking for some info...

Do the DLC quests reward any new shop deeds? Want em all before I NG+.

Planning on getting T-elos first too. Anything else ya'll would advise before NG+?

I have not heard anything about new shop deeds and I love grinding for them

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
you can make most builds work. if you still have a free overdrive it might be worth giving Nia a claws type blade so she gets Launch. thats about it.

You will get almost everything you need via non gatcha blades anyway. Just do Vess's quest and open Vess on Nia along with the tank blade that has the best complimentary class abilities for your setup.

edit: A few more tips.
get Praxis and Theory when they become availiable and put them on Party member 4,

you basically don't want to open anything on rex from this point out. its a waste. Rex gets a few blades via story progression and they are more then enough.

Thanks! One last thing; who should I use the Beastly core on once I'm able to?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody found an efficient challenge to do for farming Noponstones?

Also any unique unlocks from any of the challenges?

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Update is out. It added 3 new settings in the Game options:

Auto-battle (Fight automatically)
Automatic Special Button Challenges (Automatic success for button challenge inputs)
Enemy Aggression (except for salvage, unique, boss, and quest foes)

No new difficulty options. Auto battle mode is weird and works really well. Might be useful for mindless grinding

These options are unfortunately only for DLC owners.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks! One last thing; who should I use the Beastly core on once I'm able to?

typically Rex and then Overdrive to the 5th party member when they become active.

that blade is super useful and its leveling chart is quite easy so you will use them a fair bit

edit: Overdrives are pretty rare so you don't want to waste them (you roughly get 3)

A lot depends on how much you want to use Tora/poppi and grind poppiswap (i would get poppi's 3rd form to make her viable but i wouldn't go much past that since with NG+ levelling her up is quite easy.

beyond that there are lots of ways to go. Party member 4 is an agility tank so you want to focus on blades with agility multipliers. they get 2 as part of the game and Theory is great once you can unlock her, but thats towards the final 3rd of the game.

5 is an attacker so you can ditch Rex sometimes if you want (but i wouldn't). However its worth repeating that there are lots of OP builds.

for your first run just look at the skills of the characters primary blades (IE Pyra,Dromarch) and find out what stats/abilities will synergize best with those

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I officially want a xeno 1 HD version for switch, where Shulk and Fiora look like they do in challenge mode on xeno 2!!!

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I would recomend using the beastly core on the fifth party member. You could also use the core on Rex if you want it earlier but he works best with the 5th.

typically Rex and then Overdrive to the 5th party member when they become active.

that blade is super useful and its leveling chart is quite easy so you will use them a fair bit

edit: Overdrives are pretty rare so you don't want to waste them (you roughly get 3)

A lot depends on how much you want to use Tora/poppi and grind poppiswap (i would get poppi's 3rd form to make her viable but i wouldn't go much past that since with NG+ levelling her up is quite easy.

beyond that there are lots of ways to go. Party member 4 is an agility tank so you want to focus on blades with agility multipliers. they get 2 as part of the game and Theory is great once you can unlock her, but thats towards the final 3rd of the game.

5 is an attacker so you can ditch Rex sometimes if you want (but i wouldn't). However its worth repeating that there are lots of OP builds.

for your first run just look at the skills of the characters primary blades (IE Pyra,Dromarch) and find out what stats/abilities will synergize best with those

Thanks! I'll save it for the 5th party member. I didn't know Overdrives were rare, or that they were an item I was using, until I looked up why I couldn't move around blades anymore, lol. I used it to move a common blade. Anyways, still have 2 more.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks! I'll save it for the 5th party member. I didn't know Overdrives were rare, or that they were an item I was using, until I looked up why I couldn't move around blades anymore, lol. I used it to move a common blade. Anyways, still have 2 more.

With 2 overdrives left you are in a pretty solid position. Especially if you plan to use poppi to fill any gaps. There is a point around chapter 7/8 where you will probably start to set your team for what it will be like until the ens of the game

thats probably when you should consider using your final 2 overdrives to fill any gaps in your remaining team.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever fix
Nia and Pyras Blade combo finisher where it crashes the game?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't touched the game since around January and heard the new challenge mode is out. Seeing all the things in the game I definitely want to jump back in since I never beat any of the superbosses yet. Plus I have the expansion pass so I can do all of these cool stuff that's out.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I officially want a xeno 1 HD version for switch, where Shulk and Fiora look like they do in challenge mode on xeno 2!!!
Yeah I'm sort of over HD remakes...... but damn they look amazing in the XC2 engine. A XC1 remake would probably outsell XC2 which is currently the best selling game in the series.

Need help with Dino's. I HAVE gotten to the two big adds but it's not reliable. The small adds and the big guy wipe me frequently.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know how to max Shulk blade node? The collect items lost me. As we cant even take those 2 out of the area right?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Challenge mode is so damn fun. I'm near the end of raising Shulk and Fiora. Too bad it wasn't robbit fiora.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else have trouble with Chansagh Wastes? Its this stupid little area during the main story when you are investigating the artificial blade. Its filled to the brim with level 80 enemies. I must have died 10+ times trying to get to the story objective. Its ridiculous.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Did anyone else have trouble with Chansagh Wastes? Its this stupid little area during the main story when you are investigating the artificial blade. Its filled to the brim with level 80 enemies. I must have died 10+ times trying to get to the story objective. Its ridiculous.
If you have season pass, you can turn off enemy aggression. If no, just run on the side, you are always faster than the enemy.