• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
- If you couldn't stand English VA, use Japanese VA (it's excellent).
- You get some helpful items, nothing major, you can absolutely play season pass content post game. Although there's one cool feature in season pass that may be worthwhile, you can turn off random enemy aggression. It was one of the most complained stuff, everything higher level than you will attack, you will usually die in one hit or stand zero chance against them without a full party. You can also run away, usually you are faster than them.
- Be patient, starting is slow, difficult, prepare to die many many times until you get a full party.
- The game will take awhile to start, slowly digest the combat system, it may be super slow, complicated or even tedious, but once you understand it, you will know why the combat system is so beloved. This thread will be extremely helpful, just refer to it if you don't understand anything.
- Most important thing to learn immediately is cancel attack, the explanation may confuse you in game, but the thread covers it pretty well.
Thanks, what are the content available now if I buy the pass?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Decided to buy the pass after the begginung, I know I can tell I'll enjoy this game, will the aggroing monsters thing be automatically enabled or do I have to change it?

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
maybe i missed the explanation, are some blades just destined to not have three aux core slots?
I think so? But this is also coming from a person who just discovered the third accessory slot after 180 hours.

Decided to buy the pass after the begginung, I know I can tell I'll enjoy this game, will the aggroing monsters thing be automatically enabled or do I have to change it?
You must toggle it from in game setting, same goes to English/Japanese VA, change anytime in game instantly.
*notice how I keep talking about Japanese VA. Many people were put off by the english VA, and the Japanese VA is so good, so if you're that kind of person, use it. IMO, many scenes were so much better thanks to the JP voice, the way they express certain emotion is just much better because Rex English VA can't yell properly.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You must toggle it from in game setting, same goes to English/Japanese VA, change anytime in game instantly.
*notice how I keep talking about Japanese VA. Many people were put off by the english VA, and the Japanese VA is so good, so if you're that kind of person, use it. IMO, many scenes were so much better thanks to the JP voice, the way they express certain emotion is just much better because Rex English VA can't yell properly.
I'll try the Japanese VA, English seems fine so far.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Finished the first chapter, that was great, the battle system is better when played than watched for sure, I always found it slow and boring in videos.

I still haven't found the option for monster agro btw, nothing in options.

Oct 25, 2017
Turning off enemy aggression is an affront to Xenoblade.

It's not Xenoblade if a level 90 Monkey doesn't one shot your party in the opening area and that's that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to this part in Chapter 4 where you have to read Nopon writing on a green barrel, and of course I dont have the ability to do it lol. Theres a Merc Mission I deployed that takes 30 mins to complete, so I sent them out. Is there anything else I can do to speed things up?

Edit: Think im going to just let the merc mission complete while I play something on PS4 lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat a "Unique Enemy" from behind a closed door lol. Its the second time something like this has happened, but this time we were close enough that I could actually get the healing items dropped on the ground. Couldnt get away from him to actually open the door before getting aggroed.

Xenomiggs

Nov 8, 2017
Miami, FL
Fonsett Village (night theme) is so soothing. The feels. <3 <3 <3

Just finished that last, long and revealing conversation at Chapter 10... I think I'm about to fight the last boss. Don't want it to end. :(

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is it normal to die to an enemy the same level as me when I only have 1 character? Either I'm pretty bad or there is something wrong.

Also, I can have up to 3 blades, can I just focus on one or I have to upgrade all of them? Any reason to switch mid battle?

Lastly, I have some Legendary and Rare cores, any point in saving them?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
No, that part is 100% true. What is also true is that when using cores you roll against the entire pool of remaining rares each and every time, so with a full pool you're almost guaranteed to get one in the start with a legendary core.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I've avoided all XC2 threads after downloading the challenge mode as I wanted to work out how to get Shulk and Fiora on my own.

Just reading through the last few pages, I can't believe I completed all the challenges (on normal) in order in my quest to get them when I only really needed to do one! lol

Torna's Finest and Serious Showdown (I think that's the name) were bloody difficult.

Having said that, I've had a great time with it. I've really had to toy around with my team composition, aux cores, accessories and blade combinations to complete some of them.

I'll always have fond memories of Tiger! Tiger! IRL, as what seemed like a daunting challenge at first became quite easy after tinkering with Poppi QT Pi.

Making Morag nigh on untouchable, so much so she could essentially soak up the pressure from every single Torna member was good fun too.

I loved the one where you face off against three enemies of varying levels in one room and you get to essentially kill one for free, before the other two join in. The fun is working out who you need to take down first.

You really have to pay attention to spike damage, shackle and so on - way more than you do in the main game.

I've seen the odd person complain that combat becomes a bit samey (I disagree), but this does a brilliant job of leveraging every element of the battle system and introducing a load of new elements too.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I just completed all too, and I'm satisfied. To me they proved it's possible to extend combats not only with numbers.

I planned to buy only the physical edition in September but I don't regret my purchase, it's a good amount of content I would have been overwhelmed with the whole DLC/expansion. And the new stuff is juicy, I'm ready for a NG++ in higher difficulty :-P

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Is it normal to die to an enemy the same level as me when I only have 1 character? Either I'm pretty bad or there is something wrong.

Also, I can have up to 3 blades, can I just focus on one or I have to upgrade all of them? Any reason to switch mid battle?

Lastly, I have some Legendary and Rare cores, any point in saving them?
Yes. Never attack an entire group of enemies when you're alone, you are an attacker, you will be getting healer and tanker soon and that's kinda where the game begins, so just power through the beginning. You can turn off enemy aggression to avoid high level enemies one shotting you. In Setting, Game Setting (the forth one), default is enabled, so just disable it.

And you will be juggling between 3 blades and managing both of your party members when you get a full party, so yes, every single person/blades in your party are extremely important because you get almost full control of them in a combat, you will understand why soon enough. The later parts of the combat is an entirely different experience after you start to unlock skills, faster recharge and full party. I can't stress this enough, but seriously, the combat is very, very, very different later on.

I wish I can just explain to you why and how it works in the later parts of combat but it's better for you to discover it, many people finished the game without even fully understanding the combat, so I'll just drop a few tips that you should be watching out for when you get the tutorial later on.
- Cancel attack, watch out for this skill, try to get this asap. It's named differently for every character, but same description.
DOw04NqVAAQFZQ1.jpg

- Blade Combos
- Driver Combos

Oh also, save your game. There's no auto save, game crash = good bye

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I already got 3 party members, combat seems better now.

What are the most powerful blades? I got a bunch of legendaries but don't know which are good.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Yeah, I already got 3 party members, combat seems better now.

What are the most powerful blades? I got a bunch of legendaries but don't know which are good.
99% of what you get will be common blades for sure, those with the white outer shell, you can just ignore those. Since you have a bunch of cores, spread out legendary cores/rare cores among your members, just use anything available. The game is pretty forgiving in this aspect, you don't really have to min-max, only engage heal blades for healer etc. Just mix and match whatever you want for now. Also always check affinity skill of your blade, it will automatically level up when criteria is fulfilled but you have to open that screen for it to apply. As for driver (character) affinity, those are manual, so upgrade those too, same goes to leveling up weapon skill, those will reduce cool down time, increase damage.

Yea, there's a lot of shit to look out for, hence the post game and people sinking in 200 hours +.

tl;dr
- Blade affinity are auto, but open up the screen to actually level up.
- Driver affinity are manual, upgrade those.
- Driver weapon enhancement are manual too, make sure to upgrade those.

And then there's aux core, accessories, yea.... slowly digest those, don't forget to manage your team members too, you can also play as them anytime, just press X in characters, you can adjust them around.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So, I just got the lucky core, and I'm wondering who I should give it to. I'm in chapter 5 with the 4th and 5th party members. 5th has Wulfric, while 4th still has nothing, though tbh, I'm still sticking to Rex/Nia/Tora. I got Vess on Nia, and managed to pull another healer (Kora, but she's also a electricity so I want to swap her out).

Other rare blades I have are Godfrey, Newt, Finch, Azami and Dagas, all on Nia. Edit: Oh, and Nim on Rex.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
The lucky core is a tank type, dark element, hammer. Personally I never use her, I hate hammers it's slow and doesn't fit with the tank#2 (evasion -> katanas). I suppose we can do a block based tank build but Tora does it already.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
The lucky core is a tank type, dark element, hammer. Personally I never use her, I hate hammers it's slow and doesn't fit with the tank#2 (evasion -> katanas). I suppose we can do a block based tank build but Tora does it already.

that blade is useful because it gives that character another piece of the driver combo.

Although its best use is probably on character 5 since it has a lot of skills with crit damage and you can use the boost damage to tank Augment to help sure up that character's DPS/Healing (Via Crit heal)

Edit:
So, I just got the lucky core, and I'm wondering who I should give it to. I'm in chapter 5 with the 4th and 5th party members. 5th has Wulfric, while 4th still has nothing, though tbh, I'm still sticking to Rex/Nia/Tora. I got Vess on Nia, and managed to pull another healer (Kora, but she's also a electricity so I want to swap her out).

Other rare blades I have are Godfrey, Newt, Finch, Azami and Dagas, all on Nia. Edit: Oh, and Nim on Rex.

Keep Kora on Nia since she has Launch
move Finch to 4 since she is a tank blade with agility boost and Open Lucky core on 5 because why not.

You won't need to open any random cores on 4 since 2 of the most useful blades aren't random and you will get them both by chapter 7.

probably do Praxis Quest and add her to 4 as a filler or progress the story further.

edit: Also don't open any more cores on Rex. (Pro tip)

Last edited:

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Hard to pull 1>2>3 specials, the bar goes down pretty fast.
And that is where team mates, swapping blades comes into play.
You will be executing blade combos non stop later on when your skill cool down is a whole lot lower. Much later on you will be able to instantly recharge some of them on critical hits.

Then you need to plan out certain equipment for you to switch blade faster so you can switch away, charge special switch back, plan this and that, it's an endless amount of planning. I'm still swapping my equipment around everytime I'm doing different thing.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
And, finally beat Torna's Finest challenge on Normal.
Jesus christ I almost break my controller whenever one of the enemy execute launch combo.
Shackle Driver > Shackle Blade > Shackle Driver, kill me.

centracore

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for endgame party make up? I finished the game, finished new game plus, got my party to level 99.. and that's pretty much it. Haven't played since then but was drawn back by the DLC but I am getting my ass handed to me in challenge mode (even on easy).

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
If you want to get all the rare blades farm common cores, and level those common blades as much as you can through pouch items, combat, and mercenary missions. You want to raise your characters four blade element attributes to level 10. Aside from each stat governing your chances of getting a blade of one of two elements, the higher the total of all four stats together, the higher your chances of getting a rare.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Any tips for endgame party make up? I finished the game, finished new game plus, got my party to level 99.. and that's pretty much it. Haven't played since then but was drawn back by the DLC but I am getting my ass handed to me in challenge mode (even on easy).

Tora with a crit/heal Poppi QTpi tanking is very very effective. If you invest in Poppi and get her high level parts she and tora become nearly indestructible. If you have the DLC then give Shulk to Morag and Fiora to Rex and gear them both to crit heal as well.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Yea I pretty much depend on Tora tanking/auto healing to kite enemies.
Then I'll use T-elos or Mythra to kill everything as fast as possible.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for the final boss in Chapter 4? What level were most people at this time? Im level 34.

Tora is my weak link atm. He is such a bad tank lol.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys is there any list of drops from the challenge quest? I am looking for those everywhere but i can't find one.T_T

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK :( Thanks lol. Ill go do that then.

Is there a good guide expalining what upgrades to use on him from the stuff you get in Tora Tora?

Poppi QT Pi with critical tank build can make him stays alive even vs that ice cream guy.^_^ He just take all damage like a boss while ur Special 1 is to heal ur hp as soon as possible or Sp 2 to deal AoE damage to all enemies.^_^

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Lol. Tora is neer a bad link if u actually build him lol. He can literally solo most of the enemies.O_O
Yeah but Tiger Tiger is not fun for everybody. And upgrade Poppi without this mini game is possible only in NG+. And the last form of Poppi is late in the story.

But definitively yes, I like Tora as a party member (I still don't like him as a character though). My favourite trio atm is still Rex/Tora/Zeke. Bosses are always controlled by drivers combo (I use a master scope accessory + Tora + Canons+Pandoria on Zeke to have a lot of breaks and launch, Rex can spam topple so it's really good). I had any problems on drivers in challenges for example. Torna members and the duo Jin/Malos were a walk in a parc even on normal difficulty and even without dedicated accessories. ^^

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I had a ton of Ether crystals from the Expansion Pass rewards and finally upgraded Poppi. Almost blew the all empowering the core cpu thing until I figured out there was another menu to make upgrades for Poppi lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the Chapter 4 boss alot easier this time around. Completely forgot how to break seals though since its been so long since I last played.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Beat the Chapter 4 boss alot easier this time around. Completely forgot how to break seals though since its been so long since I last played.

Break seals? Use chain attack lol.

Yeah but Tiger Tiger is not fun for everybody. And upgrade Poppi without this mini game is possible only in NG+. And the last form of Poppi is late in the story.

But definitively yes, I like Tora as a party member (I still don't like him as a character though). My favourite trio atm is still Rex/Tora/Zeke. Bosses are always controlled by drivers combo (I use a master scope accessory + Tora + Canons+Pandoria on Zeke to have a lot of breaks and launch, Rex can spam topple so it's really good). I had any problems on drivers in challenges for example. Torna members and the duo Jin/Malos were a walk in a parc even on normal difficulty and even without dedicated accessories. ^^

Haha. I like Tora as party member and character lol. He is one hella perverted guy but he sure enjoy it a lot.^_^ Kinda honest to a fault kinda guy. Great friend to Rex too there.

On party, it seems we are the same lol. Rex, Tora and Zeke is my ultimate combi. They are just tooooo good.^_^