• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I still miss tank#2, I love this character :(
And on every game I love "evade" tanks (+ I loved to ditch the smasher on Rex and let katanas on Tank#2 do the job... I still use this settings for farming hehe, lots of weak smashes for the loot is great !!)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ok finally finished Chapter 4. Apparently that wasnt the actual final boss lol. Had a much easier time after upgrading Poppi a.

Those last few cutscenes in Ch. 4 and the beginning of Ch. 5 were awesome. This game is so anime, but I love it. Cant wait for the upcoming expansion dlc!

Hope we get to actually use the Mythra Mecha in some form in the DLC since apparently you dont in the main game's story. Even if its a short mini game thing.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Hope we get to actually use the Mythra Mecha in some form in the DLC since apparently you dont in the main game's story. Even if its a short mini game thing.

Maybe, yes, because it seems Aegises used their full power during this war (that's why some titans died and why Mythra was reluctant to use her power again). I hope this too !

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Ok finally finished Chapter 4. Apparently that wasnt the actual final boss lol. Had a much easier time after upgrading Poppi a.

Those last few cutscenes in Ch. 4 and the beginning of Ch. 5 were awesome. This game is so anime, but I love it. Cant wait for the upcoming expansion dlc!

Maybe, yes, because it seems Aegises used their full power during this war (that's why some titans died and why Mythra was reluctant to use her power again). I hope this too !

It definitely looks that way, doesn't it? I'd love some mech on mech action. It would be a really cool way to close out XC2.

I've been playing this game so long it'll be weird when it comes to an end. :(

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
IKR !!

Imagine my pain with my favorite characters :
Jin, RIP.
Malos, RIP (maybe... Maybe not... This voice when Mythra is in Aion... Maybe he is some kind of data now)
It's been months, it still hurts. :x
Especially when I'm in Morytha, this depressing music reminds me my lost joy when Jin temporary joined the group.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Deleted my save and started my second playthrough (which eventually become a 100% playthrough post NG+). I've made it to Torigoth, met Tora, and opened a few legendary cores I got from the season pass. My 1st Rare Blade is Telos on Rex. I'll probably keep her active since she has launch and an art that deals bonus damage to toppled enemies.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Chapter 3 and still getting tutorials, this game is weird lol.

What's the deal with Poppi btw? Does she consume Ether over time? I've burned through 30k so far.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Watching videos online, people have come up with some super crazy builds. Like the damage is absolutely insane.

Poppi QT Pi is a monster, as is Fiora. The latter with the right setup has got to be up there with the best.

NG+ Pandoria is brilliant too, though obviously it requires you play the game again and invest a lot of time into Zeke.

And I'm sat over here chuffed with my crit/heal Mythra and really good, but not amazing, Poppi QT Pi. lol

I know some of this has been known for months, but watching people smash through the new challenges with ease really is eye-opening.

Still, I've been upgrading Shulk and for me, his 'Vision' passive has got to be the coolest in the game.

The first time it happened it made the Xenoblade Chronicles fan inside me squeal with joy, and I always get a kick out of it.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why does the game keep telling me I can't bond with cores anymore? I'm surprised there are still some things that they don't explain with the amount of tutorials.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Around when do you start to get alot of Core Crystals? Im in the beginnings of Chapter 5 and want to try to get some better Blades for my party.

Are there any Side Quests that reward you with Rare Blades I should konw about?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Around when do you start to get alot of Core Crystals? Im in the beginnings of Chapter 5 and want to try to get some better Blades for my party.

You should be getting some from chests and stuff. Also from named enemies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You should be getting some from chests and stuff. Also from named enemies.

Yeah, I have, but mainly just a TON of Common Core Crystals lol. Ive got 72 Common atm and like 5 Legendary. I guess I am getting more in this chapter than I used too. Just need to get some Boosters now.

Gotta say, this auto battle has made grinding sooo much better. Its probably only hurting me learn the combat systems, but its making things alot easier for me in the large areas with a ton of mobs.

EDIT: Holy Crap, Just got KOS-MOS!!! Who should I use her with? I got her with Nia lol.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have, but mainly just a TON of Common Core Crystals lol. Ive got 72 Common atm and like 5 Legendary. I guess I am getting more in this chapter than I used too. Just need to get some Boosters now.

Gotta say, this auto battle has made grinding sooo much better. Its probably only hurting me learn the combat systems, but its making things alot easier for me in the large areas with a ton of mobs.

EDIT: Holy Crap, Just got KOS-MOS!!! Who should I use her with? I got her with Nia lol.
Boosters are easy to get. You know those salvaging trade guys in each area? You can get them there by trading stuff you find salvaging.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what random ass luck lol. Like everyone else, I really wanted to get Kos-Mos, but had just expected it to be impossible until I had a ton of Luck and Boosters. Put her on Nia and trying her out now. So cool. Got her with a Rare Crystal, with 1 justice booster.

Boosters are easy to get. You know those salvaging trade guys in each area? You can get them there by trading stuff you find salvaging.

Ok thanks, I wasnt sure what to do with that stuff lol. Been afraid to sell anything still.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Once you're high lvl enough (I think 90+) you can farm legendary core crystals by simply doing drivers combos(break->topple->launch->smash) on certain named elites. I think I got 12 legendary crystal in a single fight once.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Once you're high lvl enough (I think 90+) you can farm legendary core crystals by simply doing drivers combos(break->topple->launch->smash) on certain named elites. I think I got 12 legendary crystal in a single fight once.

Yeah I remember hearing about that before I stopped playing originally. Still only lvl 38-40 atm.

Btw, what happens to my other party members when im not using them? Do they level up at all with the group, or do I need to grind with them later on if I want to ever use them again? As soon as I got Morag, I put Poppi and her driver on the bench lol. I hear they get much better in the late game though, so I might want to bring them back later...

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They do lvl up. Their equipped Blades will also get trust when completing side quests. Be wary to replace equipped Blades with maxed trust before completing side quests though, as it will feel like a waste otherwise.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through Xenoblade 1 for the first time now, so no spoilers, but xb1 and 2 spoilers.

are blades/blade eaters/ flesh eaters kinda similar to Mechon riders? I just got Fiora in my party, and it's kinda more prominent in Mumkhar's suit, but it just kinda resembles Malos' armor a little?

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
To me the most similarities with foes design was
mechons and Torna's ship in final form

Malos and other Torna members are just Japanese style mixed to me.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

At that point i believe there are 4

Core crystal hunters
Lucky core (buy info from information dealer)
Family core (Costs 500k in Gormott)
Vess (forget the quest name starts in Gormott market)

edit. I'd keep Kosmos on Nia. She (Nia) has pretty good Eather stats and is actually a pretty good eather cannon/DPS sniper character

Last edited:

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I have gone beyond being mildly annoyed to being full on frustrated. Ever since putting Electra on Nia, she refuses to use ANYTHING else. Which is not a problem most of the time, but I hit a boss, and goddamn, she just plain will NOT heal me, and that is singlehandedly making me lose. Like, it turns into me being only able use Rex's anchor shot for healing and I steeeeeadily lose ground until I lose just before the end. And literally, this would be no problem if she'd just... change... to Byakko (er, Dromarch or whatever. Silly localization...)... for 30 seconds...

Tried one switch out for a different blade... and she refused to use anything but THAT one, and I lost the same way. Is there ANY way to actually get the AI to not be super stupid, or do I have to, like, remove all other options or something? Because this is real, real dumb and frustrating.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Okay, I have gone beyond being mildly annoyed to being full on frustrated. Ever since putting Electra on Nia, she refuses to use ANYTHING else. Which is not a problem most of the time, but I hit a boss, and goddamn, she just plain will NOT heal me, and that is singlehandedly making me lose. Like, it turns into me being only able use Rex's anchor shot for healing and I steeeeeadily lose ground until I lose just before the end. And literally, this would be no problem if she'd just... change... to Byakko (er, Dromarch or whatever. Silly localization...)... for 30 seconds...

Tried one switch out for a different blade... and she refused to use anything but THAT one, and I lost the same way. Is there ANY way to actually get the AI to not be super stupid, or do I have to, like, remove all other options or something? Because this is real, real dumb and frustrating.
I learned my lesson. Now my Nia is using 3 blades with actual healing skill. Don't ever assign anything without healing to her.
Electra doesn't have healing skill, so of course Nia will prioritise that...

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017

The AI in this game is actually completely predictable.

Female drivers always switch for blade combos. For example, if the next element in the blade combo is water, and Nia has a water blade, she will switch to the water blade and stay on it. If the next element in the blade combo is electric, she will switch to her electric blade and stay on it. If there are two possible elements to continue the combo, and Nia has both of those elements, she might switch between them.

Male drivers, in contrast, always switch for driver combos. If an enemy has break, then a male driver will always switch to a toppling blade if they have one. If the enemy is toppled, they will always switch to a launching blade. If the enemy is launched, they will always switch to a smashing blade.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
The AI in this game is actually completely predictable.

Female drivers always switch for blade combos. For example, if the next element in the blade combo is water, and Nia has a water blade, she will switch to the water blade and stay on it. If the next element in the blade combo is electric, she will switch to her electric blade and stay on it. If there are two possible elements to continue the combo, and Nia has both of those elements, she might switch between them.

Male drivers, in contrast, always switch for driver combos. If an enemy has break, then a male driver will always switch to a toppling blade if they have one. If the enemy is toppled, they will always switch to a launching blade. If the enemy is launched, they will always switch to a smashing blade.

I never noticed this.. actually good to know

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm still in chapter 5 but I've heard that the expansion will be what happened 500 years ago, is that true? I'm not sure how to feel about that, the old incidents and characters seem interesting but we already know how it ended.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
The more you go further in the main game the more you'll understand why it's interesting (and maybe you'll like some characters more). ;-)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So is tiger tiger the only way to get ether? I get like 400 each try, I'm not gonna spend a day farming that game, fuck that.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
So is tiger tiger the only way to get ether? I get like 400 each try, I'm not gonna spend a day farming that game, fuck that.
If you're not on a NG+, you can sell useless parts : open the Poppi "shop" menu and press Y to convert parts to crystals.

If you're on a NG+, go to Torigoth (Gormott), go to the Abble's Fountain teleport then go to the Easy, you'll meet a Travelling Bard who exchanges XP for crystals (20 000 crystals for 200 000 XP)

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It's funny this ether crystal discussion should come up because I've literally, after 220 hours, just spent bonus XP on buying a load of materials for Poppi in NG+.

Until recently, I've always favoured Morag because of her agility stats. Tora has more health of course, but Morag combines high block rates (with her best blades) and great evasion.

But tonight I've turned Tora into Morag+. I bought Evasion V for all the Poppi's, nicked an agility boosting accessory off Morag (36%+) and now he's not only got more HP than her but higher agility too.

Morag might have higher base agility, but her best blades do not have as high a agility bonuses as Poppi's best parts,

The only way you could get Morag higher is swapping out some of her go-to blades with common blades with 23/24% agility bonuses. But at that stage, you're losing lots of damage and various perks.

My best Morag build is now worse than my best Tora build in just about every way.

Build Tora and the Poppi's in the right way and they're basically invincible.

But fuck Tiger! Tiger! - I can't be arsed with that shite. lol

Thankfully NG+ has spared me the grind.

Bonus question for everyone - help me decide between...

Zenobia or Fiora?

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Fiora, think about her crit party bonus. *w*

Previously without Tora I needed a breaker so I played Zeke with canons, that's fantastic with KOS-MOS and Sheba. But now I'm trying something with Pandoria/Shulk/Fiora. More launches, self good auto heal (Fiora+avant-garde medal) or shield (Shulk's art) when in danger. And the crit bonus for all + Shulk foresee ability are cool. I have to test it more to see how AI handle this, I prefer to play Rex-spam :-P

For tank#2 I'm still trying to find something but... Yeah, Tora is too good with upgrades Poppi. Maybe with Poppibuster ? (I just got it, I didn't upgraded it yet) I love Mikhail too, great agility bonus in his affinity chart. With max affinity evasion aux.cores + AGI accessories, Tank#2 is almost untouchable. But my problem is aggro. Rex and Zeke became too powerful with S+ blades... Tora can keep aggro because Poppi is also a huge damage dealer, but I didn't find a good compromise between atk/eva on tank#2...

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Man I really love this Challenge Battle mode DLC. I've never been so into a DLC before in any game, and this is not even the biggest DLC. While those harder missions can be frustratingly hard, retrying and planning out my approach is just so fun.
Please Monolithsoft, keep adding new challenges, season pass 2 or whatever.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Fiora, think about her crit party bonus. *w*

Previously without Tora I needed a breaker so I played Zeke with canons, that's fantastic with KOS-MOS and Sheba. But now I'm trying something with Pandoria/Shulk/Fiora. More launches, self good auto heal (Fiora+avant-garde medal) or shield (Shulk's art) when in danger. And the crit bonus for all + Shulk foresee ability are cool. I have to test it more to see how AI handle this, I prefer to play Rex-spam :-P

For tank#2 I'm still trying to find something but... Yeah, Tora is too good with upgrades Poppi. Maybe with Poppibuster ? (I just got it, I didn't upgraded it yet) I love Mikhail too, great agility bonus in his affinity chart. With max affinity evasion aux.cores + AGI accessories, Tank#2 is almost untouchable. But my problem is aggro. Rex and Zeke became too powerful with S+ blades... Tora can keep aggro because Poppi is also a huge damage dealer, but I didn't find a good compromise between atk/eva on tank#2...

I'm a Rex-spammer too!

Interesting build. Wouldn't it be better to split Shulk and Fiora up between drivers, though? That way you can have all their damage/evasion/crit boosting passives active at once.

I've got Shulk on Rex which probably isn't optimal - but man, I just love having the protagonists from both games team up on screen!

I got Herald last night (kind of by accident) and loooking at her affinity chart, she seems like she could be a monster with the right setup.

But she looks best for Zeke, but she shares the same element with Pandoria. Toying around with Poppi would still give me total elemental coverage, but I've got too many good blades now. lol

I'm not really sure what I'm playing for now, my team is already awesome.

MattAces - I had a lot of fun messing around with all my aux cores, accessories, team compositions, etc. There's nothing better than failing, diving into your team and switching things up to then eventually succeed.

Last edited:

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yes at the beginning I used Shulk with Rex but... I find him a bit slow (it's hard when you're used to spam with Mythra hahaha) so I switched a lot and still didn't really got often the meaty bonus.

I like to have it on Zeke because I'm lazy and let him manage his special abilities. I still have to observe if he's doing it correctly otherwise I'll switch him on my active character. I only tested on few bosses because I was busy to fill Shulk and Fiora's charts/affinity but I'll figure it out soon now it's done. It's still a pain to put KOS-MOS aside... She's so good. There are so many blades I want to use permanently ><

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Got Fiora up to A trust, equipped her with a Moon Matter Chip and a critical IV core, giving her a critical rate of 70%!

Factor in her critical passive and she's a monster. She melts super bosses during chain attacks.

She's got to be up there with Poppi QT Pi and NG+ Pandoria...

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if the systems in this game are the most complex or deepest I've ever played but every time I read this thread or check youtube there is something to learn.
Not that I am any good at doing what I see or read but I like the fact that the system is not so shallow and easy

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Got Fiora up to A trust, equipped her with a Moon Matter Chip and a critical IV core, giving her a critical rate of 70%!

Factor in her critical passive and she's a monster. She melts super bosses during chain attacks.

Don't forget burst symbol accessory x3 for huuuuuge chain attacks.

Oh I totally forgot T-elos. Her mini quest was funky, I felt I was with Malos sister. :')

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget burst symbol accessory x3 for huuuuuge chain attacks.

Oh I totally forgot T-elos. Her mini quest was funky, I felt I was with Malos sister. :')

I'm a little behind on new blade quests now and DLC quests but T-elsos I am pretty sure I did
is that the one where Kos-Mos shows up at the end?

I hope they never fix these OP blades lol I am not even close to Max on the new blades but love when they are so powerful and kill all huge bosses like melting butter