• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on chapter 6 now I think. Is there a way to have both #5 and #4 in my party and not gimp myself? Right now I'm rolling face with rex, nia, and #4 but #5 joined and looks like a badass. Any way to build a setup around rex 4 and 5?

Oct 25, 2017
The fast travel can be very glitchy, especially when you have lots of icons displayed on the map. Try disabling all the icons (scroll through with the shoulder buttons on the fast travel screen and click X) and then try fast travelling again.

Or instead of disabling icons, just press up or down on the D-pad. The D-pad buttons always cycle through the fast travel locations, and can definitely get you to the one you want when moving the cursor around the map itself doesn't seem to work.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 6 now I think. Is there a way to have both #5 and #4 in my party and not gimp myself? Right now I'm rolling face with rex, nia, and #4 but #5 joined and looks like a badass. Any way to build a setup around rex 4 and 5?
Make Rex the healer? Rex gets a good healer blade as part of the story.

Otherwise you can probably create crit healing builds on Rex and No5. I had a crit healing build on Rex by the end of the game and it was really good for surviving.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Otherwise you can probably create crit healing builds on Rex and No5. I had a crit healing build on Rex by the end of the game and it was really good for surviving.
You mean using accessories on him that heal for a % on crit? I could try that for sure. since #4 (should) be evading at most times that could work.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

You don't need a dedicated healer once you get that blade. Just toss a healing blade on #5 and you've got more than enough healing to take on anything.

Oct 27, 2017
I did the same thing exiting the hatch... since you know.. why not leave how you came in... you can fast travel back into the ship.

The fast travel can be very glitchy, especially when you have lots of icons displayed on the map. Try disabling all the icons (scroll through with the shoulder buttons on the fast travel screen and click X) and then try fast travelling again.

He specifically said that the fast travel point in the ship was disabled, which I can't really imagine myself.

Anyway, he just loaded an earlier save, which sucks but the problem is solved, I guess.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a bit more time with the game after being snowed in for a couple days and have cleared chapter 3. This one kinda fell flat for me despite the cool (but predictable) ending. I liked exploring Gormott as a titan so much more, and being "in doors" throughout most of chapter 3 was a bit of a bummer.

I spent a ton of time on tiger tiger and have all of poppi's upgrade slots with level III parts and I went ahead and unlocked the 10k skill upgrade slot. Tiger Tiger is so much better on easy not having to avoid the walls. Still really random on how easy a layout you get when you play and I wish they didn't kick you out of the game after every level.

Battle wise I'm still kinda lost. I haven't had trouble anywhere really, which feels kinda weird because I don't feel like I have control over anything. I have a fairly easily repeatable blade combo setup, which isn't usable on 98% of the battles because enemies die before I can pull it off. What happens before then just seems like this cacophony I'm only along for the ride for. The break -> topple -> launch stuff however seems more easily doable, I wonder why they didn't teach you that first. Otherwise the time you have between specials to pull off a blade combo seems to short/enemy hp to little, but I have read that gets better later on.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Give #4 aggro boosting aux cores to her blades to let her maintain aggro.

Depending on who you control, having a healer blade on one of your attackers should help replace Nia.

But if you want no healer blades, best way is to setup your team as to have a complete driver combo machine. Smashing enemies drops large HP potions for healing. Self-healing accessories also helps a ton.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
Just started playing this game a week ago. I've had it since it came out, but didn't have time to play it.
I can say it without a doubt that it's my game of the year. 40hrs in, just beginning chapter 5. Something about xenoblade chonricles hooks me like no other game, first one did the same thing(sorry did not like x).

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Who wants to help me finally make a decision on XC2? I played XC1 on both Wii and 3DS, but never made it very far. The game seemed really fun but, I got stuck at an early boss and put it aside. The combat felt good and there was so much to do, I just lost interest and I think some of the mechanics I was lost on. I never played the XC X, but I do want to give XC2 a try. I've wated tons of reviews and been lurking in he OT's. I mostly play the Switch in portable mode and one issue holding me back is performance, most reviews have mention issues with performance and play ability in handheld mode. Is it really that bad? Just can't seem to pull the trigger. Help me ERA!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The dynamic resolution is all over the place, in some places it's pretty good and in other places it's really, really low. The game is still a blast, but it's a rough to look at that's for sure. The current patches haven't improved on the performance, but the future patches might improve it, but who knows.

Oct 27, 2017
Give #4 aggro boosting aux cores to her blades to let her maintain aggro.

Depending on who you control, having a healer blade on one of your attackers should help replace Nia.

But if you want no healer blades, best way is to setup your team as to have a complete driver combo machine. Smashing enemies drops large HP potions for healing. Self-healing accessories also helps a ton.
Aye, the Avant-Garde Medals are a brilliant accessory for attackers. Combining those with accessories and abilities that boost critical rate helps to keep Rex and 5 in great shape throughout the battle.
Who wants to help me finally make a decision on XC2? I played XC1 on both Wii and 3DS, but never made it very far. The game seemed really fun but, I got stuck at an early boss and put it aside. The combat felt good and there was so much to do, I just lost interest and I think some of the mechanics I was lost on. I never played the XC X, but I do want to give XC2 a try. I've wated tons of reviews and been lurking in he OT's. I mostly play the Switch in portable mode and one issue holding me back is performance, most reviews have mention issues with performance and play ability in handheld mode. Is it really that bad? Just can't seem to pull the trigger. Help me ERA!

As Shadow said, it can be inconsistent. I find that it looks fine much the time, and actually very good for a handheld. But you will encounter spots where the resolution drops dramatically and it's not a pretty sight when it happens. It's fleeting, but certainly an eyesore.

I'm not sure if the new patch has helped with that.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So, i made a blade combo which ended up with a special animation and presentation, was that something special? Or just the final attack of the combo is always like that?

Guns use Ether which Nia specializes in, so that's a pretty good pick up for her.

Good to know, but i admit its pretty frightening to obtain a RB that works bad for the character who unlocks it.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why did they patch out the meme?
3e3.jpg

Blitzhex

Jan 1, 2018
Opened a rare cystal somewhere in the last two chapters and got kos-mos. Is she supposed to be good dps?

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
So I just beat the game. I enjoyed the story a lot. But holy hell is this game super easy. Anyone else feel like this? Enemies barely damage you and I had accessories that heals on criticals so I could basically just spam with Mythra. I barely died, and when I did I could rez instantly because with another accessory my party gauge was always full. I don't think I am overleveled because I had the same levels as the enemies, but it kinda felt like enemies never did anything. Only time I had somewhat of trouble was against enemies that spammed nullify heal.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opened a rare cystal somewhere in the last two chapters and got kos-mos. Is she supposed to be good dps?

Congrats, you have the rarest rare blade in the game. She seemed to be the last blade for a lot of people, I reckon she may have been weighted lower than other blades, who knows.

I've finally got to the point of no return in chapter 10, going to go back and get
Theory
first and try and get my remaining blades (Vale, Boreas, Nim and KOS-MOS) before I complete the game. I want to finish it this weekend, had a real blast so far.

EDIT: Finally got around to beating the Super Ape from Torigoth. Felt good to exact my revenge after the numerous times he stomped me in my early game days.

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Well, I got Newt for Morag but is she good enough to dislodge Brighid, Aegean or Finch? Do I want to sacrifice some agility to bring her into the fold? Do I need another fire type?

So many questions...

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fire element is redundant since Brighid is vastly better and while the damage reduction passive is neat, it isn't really necessary for an agility tank.

Newt could be a decent blade if you wanted to try to make Zeke an HP tank or something, but I don't see a reason to use her on Morag.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Should I be selling these common core crystals? Nothing useful seeems to come from them and I'm sitting on like a dozen or so.

In ch 3.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Used both my free epic cores and about 9 rare cores. Ended up with a bunch of trash and 2 new rare blades. I know I shouldn't whine given how I got new blades in the first place, but with only 4 rare blades left and still no KOS-MOS... I feel sadness.... :(

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ this won't make the rest of y'all feel any better, but I've given up on KOS-MOS and the other 5 (6?) rare blades I don't have. They didn't show up after 130 hours (or whatever the clock is at), for all intents and purposes they aren't in my copy of the game. Life goes on.

More importantly:

They patched out "Don't forget me!"????

These memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
Trying to decide if I want to pick up this game or not. Any other RPGs that could is a good comparison to this? I've only played the original Xenoblade on Wii which I enjoyed.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I want to pick up this game or not. Any other RPGs that could is a good comparison to this? I've only played the original Xenoblade on Wii which I enjoyed.

That's about as good of a comparison as you're going to get, it's very much a sequel to that gameplay-wise. If you liked that there is a good chance you will like Xenoblade 2. It's a bit more ambitious, but also more rough around the edges.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that it's been 14 days since I unlocked a rare blade (aside from a quest related one). This game hates me.

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this (and a Switch!) yesterday. I'd intended playing mostly in hand held mode but I've read this doesn't perform that well that way, is this true? I'm fine with the graphics suffering a little as long as the frame rate doesn't really plummet.

Anyway looking forward to getting stuck into it. Anything else important I should know going in?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
ERA I need your help. I want to use some protocol overdrives to transfer some Heal blades to NIa, but I just started chapter. Can you tell me without spoiling if I will get another healer and should wait ?

Many thanks !

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DLC is already worth it. (Stolen from reddit. Forgot to screencap myself lol)

krtqjsv662b01.jpg

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

Use Rex as your healer. and make sure you use Crit Heal Augments and you should be right.

ERA I need your help. I want to use some protocol overdrives to transfer some Heal blades to NIa, but I just started chapter. Can you tell me without spoiling if I will get another healer and should wait ?

Many thanks !

honestly. Just open all blades on Nia and party member 5 if you don't care much about field skills. Rex gets good enough blades guaranteed through the story and you only need 1 overdrive to fully realize party member 4's full potential.