• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/index.html#180209

QOL Changes:
- You can now lock Blades you pulled from the gacha to prevent yourself from accidentally releasing them. Also a good way to protect common blades which you want to keep but can't easily tell them apart.
- There is an option to SKIP THE BLADE GACHA ANIMATION!!!!!!
- They have updated the zoomed out minimap to display the super useful icons that were previously only on the fast travel map!!!
- Added an Easy Mode for scrubs.
- Accessories, Assist Cores, and Blade listings have additional sort functionalities.
- Added Advanced New Game Plus for those who have clear save data.

Advanced New Game Plus:
- The 4 Blades used by the Ira/Torna members can be acquired as Blades now.
- The Ira/Torna members other than Metsu/Melos and Shin/Jin can be acquired as Blades too.
- It seems that you can get any of them either through gacha or from quests? They say you can pull them from common cores from the start of the game even if it doesn't make sense in the story lol.
- You can send any Blade on mercenary missions now. So the story blades have their own squad names too. <3
- Reverse Kizuna Ring for characters added, with more stuff to unlock.
- Level Down feature added to inns to gain bonus exp back, using bonus exp as a currency you can now exchange items with a new NPC at inns.
- "That" Blade can finally use a lvl4 Special Attack.

What carries over in NG+:
- Driver levels
- Driver and Blade growth progression and equipment
- Blades acquired from gacha
- Acquired items and gold
- Town Development levels and Mercenary levels
- Event Theater content and status of Unique Monsters

All quests, bonding events, fast travel spots, and mercenary quests themselves are reset.

Last edited:

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if that's a new common blade and new weapon type, or a Torna blade I can't tell from the icon.

note14_img07.jpg

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Christ being able to skip the animation basically means I'm gonna wait on finishing this game until next week. Watching that animation every time was mind numbing

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, this is a huge update.
Gives me an excuse to go through the game again.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness. I have like 99 common crystals that I don't want to open because of not being able to skip the animation.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the skip-animation gets patched in after I've already pulled all the rare blades. Unless Monolith hates us all and some of the new Blades from the Expansion pass end up being tied to gacha.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You can also Reduce your level at inns, and trade experience towards special items, Andy you'll gain exp point relative to your current level.
Also it seems the new blades are mixed between random draw and questS.
Say does the page mention about Lila or haze? Tora could really use a mixup for a second run through, and Lila as a healer blade would do the trick. Also called flesh eaters happening, but Mikhails surprised me too

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shieet. I rarely like replaying the whole game especially so soon after I've completed it, but this is tempting me to do NG+.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Oh lawd, I literally just got back into the game today after dropping it for a month and a half. Guess I'l hold off a bit longer.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/index.html#180209

Don't look if you haven't beaten the game yet, but the BIG patch is coming next week and it includes NG+ and a bunch of improvements including new sorting options, the ability to lock Blades so you can't accidentally dump them, the ability to SKIP THE ANIMATION IN BLADE GACHA, and various other shit.
Thank you! This is all I needed to hear! Kudos to MonolithSoft for some incredible post-release support!

I don't think Xenoblade X by contrast got much did it? (In Japan maybe?)

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
well I did delete a rare blade causing me to start over after 200 hours lol
should have had the locking blades thing day 1 :(

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Massive update, there's a ton of great stuff in there.

i should beat this game.

final boss is wrecking me and now I'm discouraged

Which part are you having problems with? Is it that one enrage attack (Prometheus) near the end? Easiest way is to use a chain attack there so that you bypass the whole thing.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
i should beat this game.

final boss is wrecking me and now I'm discouraged

Use Narcipar Jelly. Put 3 elemental orbs on him then use Ascended Pyra/Mythra chain attack and it should move past the first phase. Second phase load 4 elemental
Orbs then do the same thing. He should just die or at least be weak enough to where you can kill him easily.

Basically this fight is a "do I actually understand the combat system" check. Which sadly doesn't happen until then.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! This is all I needed to hear! Kudos to MonolithSoft for some incredible post-release support!

I don't think Xenoblade X by contrast got much did it? (In Japan maybe?)

It didn't get this much. Getting real excited for the big DLC story.

While it won't change much of people playing the game once, it will help it to age a lot nicer, especially since I'll definitely be going back to it like Xenoblade 1.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Is it known if the update makes any improvements to the technical side of the game, namely IQ? I've yet to play it (or even pick up a copy for that matter), and don't want to spoil anything for myself by reading the notes.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is there any information about unique heart-to-hearts with the new blades?
I tried to read the update page, but google translate sucks of course, but it seems they have new quests(would theoretically have heart to hearts). Seemed like there was a and others/etc after the listed blades as well

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like that level down system added. Makes for interesting challenges.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
More QoL updates are always welcome. I'm glad I didn't try to get every Rare Blade yet.

It also looks like Xenoblade 2's New Game Plus will be much more interesting than Xenoblade 1's New Game Plus.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great update. I'm definitely interested in NG+ and stoked about the new blades. I wish some of those features were in Day One, but I'm glad they are coming now.

So, they're showing Akhos and Patroka, but nothing on who the third Torna member that will be available as a Blade. It has to be Jin, since Mikhail isn't a Blade and it would be rather strange if Malos could be obtained.

Get ready for that all-in-one Driver combo solution on a single Blade!

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some nice updates. Maybe I'll actually use all my common core crystals now in the vain hopes of getting the last rare blade I'm missing.

Nov 12, 2017
Hm. I'm not a fan of pre-chosen NG+ settings (level, items, etc), but I'm still glad its coming. I prefer having the option to reset my level to relive the challenge, while I keep items and other bonuses.

EDIT: This is a really good patch though. Is it confirmed that the blades are exclusive to NG+?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
So, they're showing Akhos and Patroka, but nothing on who the third Torna member that will be available as a Blade. It has to be Jin, since Mikhail isn't a Blade and it would be rather strange if Malos could be obtained.

Get ready for that all-in-one Driver combo solution on a single Blade!
it's mikhail
you can tune down your level to make it more challenge
yeah i can see i'm doing that, but a proper hard mode would be better