• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
unknown.png

Here is a 1280x720 screenshot from the press site. UI is native resolution but 3D parts are not. This is starting to become a worrying trend.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
didn't we just have a thread about the switch going toe to toe graphically with PS4 and Xbox one? But yeah, not surprised at all at this, I expect to see this trend continue.

That being said, still hyped as I play exclusively via TV mode

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's definitely not a good look.

Is it confirmed upgraded and 1080P/60FPS in docked? That's where this game will be played for its majority in my home.

Nov 1, 2017
X was 720p because it was streamed and the gamepad didn't have to use its battery to run the game itself. Also, the font is legible this time.

Edit: Oh my Zanza at that Xeno 3D screen lol

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't we just have a thread about the switch going toe to toe graphically with PS4 and Xbox one? But yeah, not surprised at all at this, I expect to see this trend continue.

That being said, still hyped as I play exclusively via TV mode

Here's a screenshot of PS4 and Xbone games in handheld mode
hqdefault.jpg

OmegaZero

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, used to that sort of thing on Vita. As long as it runs, plays, and looks great, I can live with sub-native resolution.

OP
OP
memoryman3

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
X was 720p because it was streamed and the gamepad didn't have to use its battery to run the game itself. Also, the font is legible this time.

Doesn't the Switch have more computational power when undocked vs Wii U? (Mario Kart 8 got a resolution bump from dynamic 720p to full 720p) Don't see why Xenoblade can't do the same unless the game is really starved for bandwidth and fillrate.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind honestly, it's an open world game and it'll have a lot of shit happening on screen compared to let's say, Zelda.

I'm willing to deal with that.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever see a Cemu equivalent for the Switch. This game would look amazing at 4k.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Games don't look better in handheld mode versus a 720p screenshot. That's what everyone was telling me about Rocket League and that looks just as bad in person as it does in screenshots

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm more curious as to how it looks on my actual Switch screen as opposed to looking at the picture on my PC.

That being said, I'm sure what is exactly "worrying" about this. Worrying seems like the wrong word to me.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Sub-native even at 30fps? I'm starting to believe those people comparing the Switch to the Vita now. OP screen is fucking gross.

If it's under 1080p docked I'll be passing. I can get behind some poop visuals because of 60fps, but not at 30fps.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair Xenoblade X was a native 720p on Wii U. This looks like a sizable downgrade. Especially if there's barely any collision detection or physics going on like X.
That's not how this works. 2 is an upgrade from X. Doesn't 2 actually have a proper real-time lighting system in place? Again, as I explained to you before, the undocked Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, but not powerful ENOUGH that it can run all better looking/more intensive games at 720p while still maintaining a stable framerate. Sacrifices have to be made. It's either 720p and sub-30fps or sub-720p and 30fps.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
720 screen doing work

Handheld mode was a mistake will be docked only for this

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll look fine (pretty good even) on the Switch's screen itself. The "sub-native crisis" isn't even a crisis, it's an exaggeration.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair Xenoblade X was a native 720p on Wii U. This looks like a sizable downgrade. Especially if there's barely any collision detection or physics going on like X.
and i'm pretty sure it'll be above 720p docked.
Which native res is appreciated, it just doesn't ruin the game experience for me to worry about. Devs are gonna always push to get what they feel is best for the overall gameplay of the game and concessions will be made. Don't get me wrong, there are games that are just a complete mess. But I think res is a fair concession to make in favor of frame rate draw distance and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.